1st P5 game Dino scores 40? | Syracusefan.com

1st P5 game Dino scores 40?

upperdeck

Living Legend
Dino says it wont be running full bore this year.

we probably start P5 at LSU next year unless we play game 1.

It probably wont be an away game at UL, or FSU, or Miami or home vs Clemson

that leaves @Wake, @nc ST or home vs Pitt, BC

We expect so much so soon, but when does it happen

We are sitting on UL in sept of 2012 as the last time. 4 years.

11 times in the last decade. 4 against P5 schools if you count Uconn :)

Bowling green did it twice the last 2 years

Dino says it wont be running full bore this year.

we probably start P5 at LSU next year unless we play game 1.

It probably wont be an away game at UL, or FSU, or Miami or home vs Clemson

that leaves @Wake, @nc ST or home vs Pitt, BC

We expect so much so soon, but when does it happen

We are sitting on UL in sept of 2012 as the last time. 4 years.

11 times in the last decade. 4 against P5 schools if you count Uconn :)

Bowling green did it twice the last 2 years

What Dino says and the butchering that he puts on the ville are two different things. 40+ the first three week guarantee.

Louisville has the potential to be that West Virginia beat down game from a few years back. Friday night against a ranked team that nobody thinks we can beat. If the offense is further along than it should be at that point, The Vile may not know what hit them. Hoping they overlook us. They play Florida State the following week. Let's just hope we don't repeat what happened after the West Virginia game, and lose every game after that.

Here is all I know, boys and girls. If we are in OT number two and we have the ball last and we score a TD, Dino will go for two and the win without even blinking. Yes, I am referring to the UVA game last year, which still ticks me off. As far as this topic specifically, I will go with current P5 Wake Forest. Future P5 USF if you can include future Big 12 teams :)

I don't think anyone is going to overlook us since we have a new system. The problem for defenses is how to prep for it b/c the personnel will have been used differently in previous seasons.

We could hang 40 on every team and wind up with the same record as last year. I actually would not be disappointed with that season, it would be amazingly exciting to watch.

I don't think anyone is going to overlook us since we have a new system. The problem for defenses is how to prep for it b/c the personnel will have been used differently in previous seasons.

We could hang 40 on every team and wind up with the same record as last year. I actually would not be disappointed with that season, it would be amazingly exciting to watch.

Hanging 40 on everyone would be nice. if we did, I don't think you have to worry about 4-8. I want us to be exciting and well coached. Hopefully that translates into a bowl this year, if not, it will still be 100X better than what we saw the last couple of years. Boring, poorly coached and just plain lousy.

Which is exactly why, in my opinion, we will be overlooked. A basement team from '15 with a new system. Overlooked as an easy W. We are a sleeper, we are a creeper. Someone is getting upset this fall, and it will be glorious.

Having our Defense giving up over 40 with a 4-8 season is not exciting to watch. Where do we get the odd notion that scoring a lot of points and losing is fun to watch. Winning is fun to watch, beating good teams is fun to watch, going to bowls is fun, a return to the Top 20 is fun.
Football is about winning and winning is helped by scoring points but also helped by limiting points. That's fun too.

too much koolaid here

I thiink this year will only see 40+ points about 4 times...this isn't the MAC

too much koolaid here

I personally don't care how many times we score 40+. All I care about is how many wins we have.

Where do we get the odd notion that scoring a lot of points and losing is fun to watch
You're just going to have to trust me on this, but scoring a lot of points and losing actually is fun to watch.

You're just going to have to trust me on this, but scoring a lot of points and losing actually is fun to watch.
Losing is never fun. 'Show me a fan who thinks losing is fun and I'll show you a loser."

too much koolaid here

Yeah and babers knows this. That's why he's tempering expectations now

Sudano said:
Having our Defense giving up over 40 with a 4-8 season is not exciting to watch. Where do we get the odd notion that scoring a lot of points and losing is fun to watch. Winning is fun to watch, beating good teams is fun to watch, going to bowls is fun, a return to the Top 20 is fun. Football is about winning and winning is helped by scoring points but also helped by limiting points. That's fun too.

Disagree to an extent.

It may be that way next season - but give me offensive production 1st. We'll figure out the D.

Sudano said:
Losing is never fun. 'Show me a fan who thinks losing is fun and I'll show you a loser."

Losing will happen this year no matter what. Given the choice and our recent string of horrific offense - I'd prefer to lose in shootouts.

Yeah, so, uhm, I don't know if you've been on sabbatical or something for the past decade and a half or so, but we are losers. BUT THUMP THAT CHEST MAN BECAUSE YOU FOCUS ON THE RIGHT THINGS

I for one can't wait for Babers to take us out of the dark ages of college football. I keep trying to explain to people that a chunk of the fan base is so unprepared for the ride. If some losing happens along the way but football is actually fun and exciting because we don't have to gut out points anymore, so be it, because all of us, we're already losers.

too much koolaid here

I just looked up Bowling Green stats the last two years. They averaged 30, breaking 40 3 times, and gave up 33 in 2014. I realize we may have better athletes but they didn't play FSU or Clemson either.

I like your prediction of 4 games breaking 40 this year. I think our D has difficulty getting off the field letting opponent's offenses keep the ball away from us.

Back to the OP, first P5 over 40 is Wake Forest.

FWIW 2015 BG scored 42 and gave up 29.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom