2 cents | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

2 cents

If you're a weak puss.

I can't even respond to this. If you think we are inferior to UK or anyone else, then I guess you would feel this way. But, it is not weak to call out a wrong and yes it is blatant.

I can't even respond to this. If you think we are inferior to UK or anyone else, then I guess you would feel this way. But, it is not weak to call out a wrong and yes it is blatant.

When it comes to recruiting yes, we're far inferior to teams like Duke, UK, and a few others.

How about we all just move on from Quade! I don't wish him well, or hope he does poorly. He's not Orange, I no longer care!
It isn't even Quade. I said how I feel about him personally in the OP, I don't blame him or even wish him any ill will. But it is Anthony Davis and Dakari Johnson and Nerlens Noel AND Quade Green. Is anyone else sick of this? Some people have blinders on and think that these guys chose UK over Syracuse because it is a magical place with soooo much more to offer. Hate to break it to you, but we have a pretty good little program here and shouldn't sell ourselves short.

If you're a weak puss.

Otherwise put your big boy pants on, look in the mirror and realize you blew it by not getting the kid to sign when he was "ours". If he was ours he would have signed a long time ago and you move on. Nothing's a done deal until the contract is signed. Move on and learn from your mistakes of trusting a 18 year old kid.

What is the process of signing before the signing period? Just curious as there is no "earlier" than the early signing period to my knowledge.

It isn't even Quade. I said how I feel about him personally in the OP, I don't blame him or even wish him any ill will. But it is Anthony Davis and Dakari Johnson and Nerlens Noel AND Quade Green. Is anyone else sick of this? Some people have blinders on and think that these guys chose UK over Syracuse because it is a magical place with soooo much more to offer. Hate to break it to you, but we have a pretty good little program here and shouldn't sell ourselves short.

The Brow woulda won a NC here, just like he did at UK. Dude is a FREAK, and could have gone almost anywhere (ok, maybe not LSU, or Georgetown :p) and still won a Natty and been the #1 pick.
We were in that recruitment early, and right up until the end...

Nerlens Noel was BFF"s with MCW. We were leading that recruitment for a while.
But he thought he'd be the Brow 2.0 at UK...

But - its just that UK is such a great program, like when Tubby and Gillespie were there, they always get great recruits and win all the games. And Cal is just an amazing coach, just amazing! God Bless America!!!
The fact that both his prior programs had massive scandals and had to vacate Final Fours right after he blew outta town is just a coincidence...

What is the process of signing before the signing period? Just curious as there is no "earlier" than the early signing period to my knowledge.

If you've been on a guy who loves you and is a lock, if he doesn't sign during the early period you may want to come up with a contingency plan.

If you've been on a guy who loves you and is a lock, if he doesn't sign during the early period you may want to come up with a contingency plan.
I can totally agree with that. The staff should always have other options. They allowed the assurances given to them by Quade himself inhibit their better judgement. Hopefully they never allow that again. Quade had every intention of coming to Syracuse, for quite some time. It must have taken a substantial incentive to get him to change his mind after having already committed to the Syracuse coaching staff.

I can totally agree with that. The staff should always have other options. They allowed the assurances given to them by Quade himself inhibit their better judgement. Hopefully they never allow that again. Quade had every intention of coming to Syracuse, for quite some time. It must have taken a substantial incentive to get him to change his mind after having already committed to the Syracuse coaching staff.

Why does it have to be a substantial incentive? Him not signing during the early period alone showed that he wasn't 100% with us. He kept his options open.

When I was in sales, if I wasn't able to get somebody to sign the dotted line before I left the meeting, no matter how happy they seemed with what my company was able to provide when I left with an unsigned contract I assumed that it wasn't going to happen. Not saying that that it never got signed at a later date but the chances dropped significantly.

Why does it have to be a substantial incentive? Him not signing during the early period alone showed that he wasn't 100% with us. He kept his options open.

When I was in sales, if I wasn't able to get somebody to sign the dotted line before I left the meeting, no matter how happy they seemed with what my company was able to provide when I left with an unsigned contract I assumed that it wasn't going to happen. Not saying that that it never got signed at a later date but the chances dropped significantly.
It is clear that he was keeping things open for a reason, looking for something else. But, I say "something substantial" because we checked every box, more than UK or anyone else. UK gave them their best pitch, he saw their facilities, met their coaches and visited their campus and was all about SU. I guess "substantial" is whatever the amount required for him to break his word, I guess I am just hoping it would have to be something substantial.

It is clear that he was keeping things open for a reason, looking for something else. But, I say "something substantial" because we checked every box, more than UK or anyone else. UK gave them their best pitch, he saw their facilities, met their coaches and visited their campus and was all about SU. I guess "substantial" is whatever the amount required for him to break his word, I guess I am just hoping it would have to be something substantial.

We didn't check the most important box, the signed LOI. Until then nothing else matters.

When the . . . . hits the fan at UK it will be ugly and I would bet that Louisville "backers" will be the ones to help bring down Pay Pal.

Probably, they are pretty sure we planted the hookers.

We didn't check the most important box, the signed LOI. Until then nothing else matters.
Agreed, and also agreed that the coaches should have always been exploring other options, while letting him know that he is number one, but until that LOI is signed, they have to keep recruiting other players. Unfortunately, they put too much faith in the young man.

I know it's none of my business but I'm really trying to understand the exact specifics. What assurance did Green give the SU staff at a time when it still affected their recruiting decisions? I'm honestly trying to understand if it was just the huge interest he showed or if he actually made statements that prompted them to cut off recruiting for the point guard spot.

I don't even wanna get into it. It would be an essay that no one would want to read. What it comes down to now is that this has to be the year to win it all. We have the team for it, so hopefully things fall our way. It's gonna be rough after this year, and I think a certain individual needs to go. And not JB, or Hop.

Probably, they are pretty sure we planted the hookers.

LOL, no way they were planted by UK. I know your joking though. At worst someone pointed someone in direction of those hookers or got one of those hookers to talk. Either way Lville was hiring and using the hookers for recruiting.

I know it's none of my business but I'm really trying to understand the exact specifics. What assurance did Green give the SU staff at a time when it still affected their recruiting decisions? I'm honestly trying to understand if it was just the huge interest he showed or if he actually made statements that prompted them to cut off recruiting for the point guard spot.
I will defer to those one step closer to the source to explain in detail, if they choose.

I don't know the behind the scenes but it was reported that Matt Coleman said something like why would I consider SU, Green already said he was going there and SU is not recruiting any other PGs.

Then there was I. Washington who was reported as wanting to go to SU but we passed thinking GReen was a lock.

We went all in and lost. It really hurts for me because we have no depth at guard. We love frank Howard at point. He is 6'5" with great vision/passing and is shooting well. Then we have battle who may be one and done. It's s must that he comes back but he is a great talent, 6'5", athletic and shooting lights out right now from 3. If he leaves we only have Howard at guard. Recruiting isn't over but right now it's ruff. Like if John Gillian was a freshman instead of a senior we wouldn't care as much because everyone would think we have gillon, Howard and maybe battle. Instead we are like we have howard and hopefully battle and maybe a 5th year transfer. Doesn't look good right now but we got gillon, white and Thompson last summer so anything can happen.

I don't know the behind the scenes but it was reported that Matt Coleman said something like why would I consider SU, Green already said he was going there and SU is not recruiting any other PGs.

Then there was I. Washington who was reported as wanting to go to SU but we passed thinking GReen was a lock.

We went all in and lost. It really hurts for me because we have no depth at guard. We love frank Howard at point. He is 6'5" with great vision/passing and is shooting well. Then we have battle who may be one and done. It's s must that he comes back but he is a great talent, 6'5", athletic and shooting lights out right now from 3. If he leaves we only have Howard at guard. Recruiting isn't over but right now it's ruff. Like if John Gillian was a freshman instead of a senior we wouldn't care as much because everyone would think we have gillon, Howard and maybe battle. Instead we are like we have howard and hopefully battle and maybe a 5th year transfer. Doesn't look good right now but we got gillon, white and Thompson last summer so anything can happen.
Thanks.. The Coleman thing is the first thing I've seen mentioned about Green actually commenting on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom