#2 in AP | Syracusefan.com

#2 in AP

This is really stupid. We demolish #26 Indiana, and Baylor beats Kentucky, while Arizona wins a down to the wire nailbiter over a mediocre UNLV team. I am pretty sure if Indiana had a little #25 by their name last week we would be #1 now. Not that it REALLY matters, but I frickin like seeing that #1.

We need Ariz to lose to Michigan this week and for us to not lay an egg at St. Johns so we can be #1 going into Nova game. Nova will also likely move up a couple of spots since they only play cupcakes until our game.

Well, Aaron Craft and the Buckeyes have a treacherous path to the end of the month, facing such perennial juggernauts as Bryant University, North Dakota State, the Delaware Blue Hens, and Louisiana Monroe.

It isn't until Dec. 27th when they face Notre Dame that they will be tested at all. That will give Craft time to work on perfecting the concealment of his hand check maneuvers for when they face Purdue.

Wilner voted SU #2...I almost fell over.
3 idiots voted SU #9.

Love this reaction from some clown on Scout's North Carolina board:

"Lets not forget our road game at Syracuse on January 11. They are ranked #2 this week. Syracuse's n/c schedule is a joke as usual and they are extremely over rated. I doubt they will still be #2 once conference play begins. Who knows, they may loose tonight after playing their first (and only) true road game of the season."

So remind me again who we are playing tonight on the road? And while we are at it, I guess Hawaii is officially part of the Otto-man Empire.

Love this reaction from some clown on Scout's North Carolina board:

"Lets not forget our road game at Syracuse on January 11. They are ranked #2 this week. Syracuse's n/c schedule is a joke as usual and they are extremely over rated. I doubt they will still be #2 once conference play begins. Who knows, they may loose tonight after playing their first (and only) true road game of the season."

So remind me again who we are playing tonight on the road? And while we are at it, I guess Hawaii is officially part of the Otto-man Empire.
Syracuse scares him. He's shook.

Since 08/09 SU's highest rankings in the weekly polls have been:
08-09 -- 8
09-10 -- 1
10-11 -- 3
11-12*-- 1
12-13 -- 3
13-14 -- 2* ( to date)
Out of 90 possible weekly polls SU has only had 6 rankings outside the top 20 and has been in the top ten for 70 percent of the polls (63/90).
I know stats get regurgitated here a bunch but that blows my mind. Makes you appreciate it just a little more each time you read about it.

Wilner voted SU #2...I almost fell over.
3 idiots voted SU #9.

Yikes...

I get that votes are often subjective and sort of meaningless, though fun for fans, national perception, etc. However, there has to be some objectivity in the votes for them to have any meaning.

I looked at this Morris guy and he has a two-loss UK team at 6 and a 1 loss Baylor team that just beat that same UK team at #11.

He has two loss Kansas at 5 and zero loss Nova at 16. The same Nova that beat #5 Kansas.

It would be nice if there were some transparency and votes had to be defended in the open.

I also think he had us real low, maybe out of the top 10?, two years ago when we were #1.

Chuck McGill 9
Joe Rexrode 9
Ron Morris 9

1 Arizona
62 0 - HIGHEST
2 Oklahoma State
2 0 - HIGHEST
3 Louisville

4 Michigan State

5 Kansas 0 0 - HIGHEST
6 Kentucky
4 0 - HIGHEST
7 Duke

8 Connecticut

9 Syracuse
0 - LOWEST
10 Ohio State 0

11 Baylor

Well, Aaron Craft and the Buckeyes have a treacherous path to the end of the month, facing such perennial juggernauts as Bryant University, North Dakota State, the Delaware Blue Hens, and Louisiana Monroe.

It isn't until Dec. 27th when they face Notre Dame that they will be tested at all. That will give Craft time to work on perfecting the concealment of his hand check maneuvers for when they face Purdue.

Don't forget sliding under drivers...while in the restricted area...and still getting a charge somehow...While Seth Davis scoffs at such immaterial minutia.

They may have one of the worst non-conference schedules in the country. Their signature win is over Marquette (who by the way has already lost four games).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom