2 weeks in a row now | Syracusefan.com

2 weeks in a row now

OttoinGrotto

2023-24 Iggy Award Most 3 Pointers Made
I've seen refs do something I've never seen before.

Last week, not throw a flag after a QB got dropped clearly after the whistle.

This week, overrule the call on the field without anything close to conclusive video evidence that made it 100% clear it should be overturned.

BIG OL' DISCLAIMER - I'M NOT SAYING WE SHOULDN'T HAVE PLAYED BETTER AND CONTROLLED WHAT WE CAN CONTROL, JUST ACKNOWLEDGING THAT FOR TWO STRAIGHT WEEKS I'VE SEEN THE OFFICIALS DO THINGS I'VE NEVER SEEN BEFORE.

Quite frankly, I don't like it.

I honestly think they just wanted both games to be over, because they know they suck and didn’t want it to come down to OT/a final play where they could potentially screw up and get way more attention for it.

See above disclaimer

Even the tv announcers said quote the officials are having a rough night.

Isn’t it bad when replay overturns 3 on field calls?

See above disclaimer

That’s not why we lost.

(sorry, had to).

If we get the ball at their 40, as we should have, we very well may have won the game, or gone to overtime.

I don’t get why people don’t think that’s a bigger deal even if we were sacked 49 times in the game.

See above disclaimer

Even the tv announcers said quote the officials are having a rough night.

Isn’t it bad when replay overturns 3 on field calls?

See above disclaimer
The announcers were also incredulous about a flag being thrown for picking someone up and body slamming them when that has been an actual point of emphasis for, like, 5+ years.

when is the last time you saw multiple flags picked up for personal foul/unsportsmanlike calls in the same game?

That’s not why we lost.

(sorry, had to).

If we get the ball at their 40, as we should have, we very well may have won the game, or gone to overtime.

I don’t get why people don’t think that’s a bigger deal even if we were sacked 49 times in the game.
I mean, I really don't want to go all "welcome to the ACC, yankee" but come on.

when is the last time you saw multiple flags picked up for personal foul/unsportsmanlike calls in the same game?
Why are all these refs so old and out of position? We could have 20 something year olds at least in better shape and in position. Clearly experience isn’t helping these guys. They blew the no call on nykiem in end zone. Cost us a chance at 7 there too.

The announcers were also incredulous about a flag being thrown for picking someone up and body slamming them when that has been an actual point of emphasis for, like, 5+ years.

The announcers were worse than the officials.

That one fumble where our guy pulled the ball out, was not a fumble.it seemed pretty clear to me even if Mora was ranting on and on. To me they made the right call, even if I hated it.

If we would of had the fumble stood and we scored a td, we should of 100% go for 2 and the win as we were lucky to be close as we were

That one fumble where our guy pulled the ball out, was not a fumble.it seemed pretty clear to me even if Mora was ranting on and on. To me they made the right call, even if I hated it.
I would like to know what you saw that was indisputable evidence such that it was right to overturn the call.

so well the body slam by hamlin was ultraviolent it certainly wasn't after the whistle. are we gauging tackles now ? anybody upset when we lay a lick on someone ? cisco and coley are both bangers. donovan darius was a major headhunter and likely approves this message. we've defined targeting. that wasn't close.

so well the body slam by hamlin was ultraviolent it certainly wasn't after the whistle. are we gauging tackles now ? anybody upset when we lay a lick on someone ?
I think that is exactly one of the type of plays they are trying to get out of the game. That same play was called in our favor in the Clemson game a few years ago.

so well the body slam by hamlin was ultraviolent it certainly wasn't after the whistle. are we gauging tackles now ? anybody upset when we lay a lick on someone ? cisco and coley are both bangers. donovan darius was a major headhunter and likely approves this message. we've defined targeting. that wasn't close.

They called it on Trill a couple weeks ago in the Dome, so it would stand to reason that SU fans would want that called.

Don't over think it.

I would like to know what you saw that was indisputable evidence such that it was right to overturn the call.
I saw the guys knee down and i saw whoever it was take the ball out after that. I understand the point but I also know if it was the other way around we’d be incensed that they didn’t over turn it. Also I have no clue what the refs had as far as video, it’s not just what u see on tv.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom