2003 National Championship Watch Party | Syracusefan.com

2003 National Championship Watch Party

Will we have a game thread?

LOL...we should probably also start a "where were you when we won thread". This watch party is great news! April 4th is my birthday and CBS Sports Network and Matt Park are providing the perfect gift on what will undoubtedly be the strangest birthday in my 50+ years.

I was inside the Carrier Dome for the giant on-campus game watch on 4/7/03. My wife and I drove up from Philly that day and went there with an old classmate of mine and his wife who still lived in Syracuse. Since then, I've only watched the '03 Final once on DVD. It was that same year. Looking forward to finally watching it again -- especially during this strange year without a tournament.

Dumb question from someone who hasn’t used Facebook in like a decade.

Do I need an account to watch or can I still just go to that link regardless?

Dumb question from someone who hasn’t used Facebook in like a decade.

Do I need an account to watch or can I still just go to that link regardless?
I have never used Facebook and I don't want to start now if I don't have to, so I don't think it's a dumb question at all.

LOL...we should probably also start a "where were you when we won thread". This watch party is great news! April 4th is my birthday and CBS Sports Network and Matt Park are providing the perfect gift on what will undoubtedly be the strangest birthday in my 50+ years.

I was inside the Carrier Dome for the giant on-campus game watch on 4/7/03. My wife and I drove up from Philly that day and went there with an old classmate of mine and his wife who still lived in Syracuse. Since then, I've only watched the '03 Final once on DVD. It was that same year. Looking forward to finally watching it again -- especially during this strange year without a tournament.

I was a sophomore in HS from Austin, TX... dead-set on going to Syracuse. Drove up with my dad with some Longhorn fans for the Final 4 with the expectation we'd come back on Sunday. I finally convinced him to stay through the championship, scrambled for a hotel, and somehow upgraded our tickets at the same time. They were my first two ever Syracuse games to attend (any sport). What a blast and what a way to start the absurdity that is life as an Orangeman. I wouldn't trade it for anything. It also gave my dad (an Aggie, along with the rest of my family) a piece of Syracuse history to bond with me over.

I thought I was a Syracuse good luck charm... Then came my Freshman year in '05-06, with the 1-10 football season... and the loss against my family's school come March Madness... ugh. worst game of G-Mac's Orange playing career being his last. Still. Wouldn't trade it for anything.

Last edited:

Hosted by @MattPark1, the Facebook Live Watch Party will include these special guests:

The Boeheim Family
@Coach_McNamara
@KuethDuany
@JoshPace83
@cwforth
@Coach_Hopkins
and more!
I am not on Facebook. I don’t think I have CBS sports, unless it means plain old CBS.

You can join Facebook and not accept any friend requests. :) It can come in handy for situations like this.
Hm. I joined once about 7 years ago to try to see a picture of my son’s future wife. Lasted less than a day. I do have CBS Sports, so am recording the game. I might try clicking on the FB link and see what happens.

This seems like it will be cool. I remember in 2003, throughout the whole tournament my dog was rooting hard for Kansas. Don’t know why, but she was just a huge Heinrich fan. Who could figure ?? So then we’re going to play them in the Championship game and there just a lot of tension around the house that weekend as we wait for Monday. You know, my wife and I kinda quietly side-eyeing each other and the awkwardness around the dog because she’s just not bending on this whole KU thing.

anyway, long story short, right before the Championship game the dog finally flips and decides to pull for Syracuse! It was huge! We all freaked out together after the game.

This seems like it will be cool. I remember in 2003, throughout the whole tournament my dog was rooting hard for Kansas. Don’t know why, but she was just a huge Heinrich fan. Who could figure ?? So then we’re going to play them in the Championship game and there just a lot of tension around the house that weekend as we wait for Monday. You know, my wife and I kinda quietly side-eyeing each other and the awkwardness around the dog because she’s just not bending on this whole KU thing.

anyway, long story short, right before the Championship game the dog finally flips and decides to pull for Syracuse! It was huge! We all freaked out together after the game.
HA HA HA HA HA HA! Well done.

I was at a sports bar in Palm Desert, CA. Visiting my parents. My mom also went to SU, but I didn't want to watch with them and scare them with my yelling and swearing, so I went out and watched by myself. The bar was almost 100% Kansas fans. After the game, they said watching me was so much fun. I can only imagine what I looked like. LOL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom