2007 Jordan Brand Classic | Syracusefan.com

2007 Jordan Brand Classic

Donte gets unfairly blasted by SU fans IMO. Andy blew out his knee in the summer and then Devo in the OOC schedule. Donte was the only shooter we had left and was told to shoot. He did and got crusified for it. Yes he could have had a better year but he still had a damn good freshman campaign.

That was the least experienced SU team I can remember since being a fan. During the BE schedule we played.

5 Freshman (Jonny, Donte, Rick, Scoop and alligator arms)
1 red shirted sophmore who played sparingly as a frosh (AO)
1 juco transfer (kOng)
1 Sophmore (Paul)

That team almost made the NCAA's but Paul and Donte barfed that late home game away to Pitt that we had won.

Donte gets unfairly blasted by SU fans IMO. Andy blew out his knee in the summer and then Devo in the OOC schedule. Donte was the only shooter we had left and was told to shoot. He did and got crusified for it. Yes he could have had a better year but he still had a damn good freshman campaign.

That was the least experienced SU team I can remember since being a fan. During the BE schedule we played.

5 Freshman (Jonny, Donte, Rick, Scoop and alligator arms)
1 red shirted sophmore who played sparingly as a frosh (AO)
1 juco transfer (kOng)
1 Sophmore (Paul)

That team almost made the NCAA's but Paul and Donte barfed that late home game away to Pitt that we had won.

Agreed. He was a decent rebounder and he posted up more towards the end of the season. He had a very good game @Cincy I saw live.

250px-DynastyCast-Season6-1985-1986.jpg

I was at that game because it was at MSG that year, in my opinion Donte was the best player in that game, he was matched up against Blake Griffin and clearly got the better of him. I don't hold it against him that he left after a year but I think he could have been a monster and a sure fire top ten pick if he stayed one more year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom