2011 Vs. West Virginia | Syracusefan.com

2011 Vs. West Virginia

cuse309

Ace recruiting beat reporter
Just watched that game on youtube. This Louisville game kind of reminds me of that feeling I had before that game. Facing a very very good, but not elite ranked conference opponent on national television on Friday night. We are similar sized underdogs in this game.
After watching that game, I'm still sitting here scratching my head about just what the hell happened the rest of the season. That game put us at 5-2, and we finished the year 5-7. The way that team played that night, I thought we wouldn't lose again. That game featured a lot of NFL talent on both sides, and we absolutely dismantled them in every phase of the game.

Syracuse Players Drafted
Nassib
Shamarko Thomas
Chandler Jones
Jay Bromley
Justin Pugh
Marquis Spruill

Here's to hoping we can muster up some of the magic from that nightPopcorn and soda

Just watched that game on youtube. This Louisville game kind of reminds me of that feeling I had before that game. Facing a very very good, but not elite ranked conference opponent on national television on Friday night. We are similar sized underdogs in this game.
After watching that game, I'm still sitting here scratching my head about just what the hell happened the rest of the season. That game put us at 5-2, and we finished the year 5-7. The way that team played that night, I thought we wouldn't lose again. That game featured a lot of NFL talent on both sides, and we absolutely dismantled them in every phase of the game.

Syracuse Players Drafted
Nassib
Shamarko Thomas
Chandler Jones
Jay Bromley
Justin Pugh
Marquis Spruill

Here's to hoping we can muster up some of the magic from that nightPopcorn and soda

I feel very good also, I am usually not this optimistic, but since the game was scheduled, I just had a feeling that we pull it out.

9c2.gif

I remember that game well, actually. That was back when WVU was very much in our headlights. You guys absolutely dominated that ball game. But then, as I recall, you owned them a little back then - didn't you win with terrific defense in Morganhole the year before that?

When you all analyze that entire season, how do you explain why you were not a Top 10 team at the end of the year? Nassib was always a definitive pro-style QB and incredibly accurate. Your defense was totally gritty.

What happened to you?

If I remember correctly we got worn down. We had good talent on the first string but not much depth. I think we played some physical teams that just ran it straight at us, there was nothing we could do to stop it, and our offense wasn't good enough to make up for it.

If I remember correctly we got worn down. We had good talent on the first string but not much depth. I think we played some physical teams that just ran it straight at us, there was nothing we could do to stop it, and our offense wasn't good enough to make up for it.
Bunch of guys (especially on D) were hurt and tried to play through it. Not enough depth to fill in.

Bunch of guys (especially on D) were hurt and tried to play through it. Not enough depth to fill in.

Exactly. We are healthy going into this game -- but again this season, we rely on a handful of key players on both sides of the ball. In 2012, we were fortunate to keep our key players on the field, and finished strong. More of that, please.

I remember that game well, actually. That was back when WVU was very much in our headlights. You guys absolutely dominated that ball game. But then, as I recall, you owned them a little back then - didn't you win with terrific defense in Morganhole the year before that?

When you all analyze that entire season, how do you explain why you were not a Top 10 team at the end of the year? Nassib was always a definitive pro-style QB and incredibly accurate. Your defense was totally gritty.

What happened to you?
That would have been the first team to not make a bowl and finish in the top 10. The 2012 team destroyed WVU in the Pinstripe bowl and was playing as well as almost anyone at the end of the year.

Chip said:
I was so jacked that I also impregnated your

Ok, I'll stop.

Dog, you were going to say dog, weren't you?

That would have been the first team to not make a bowl and finish in the top 10. The 2012 team destroyed WVU in the Pinstripe bowl and was playing as well as almost anyone at the end of the year.
We were playing well but I think destroying WVU was more about match ups than it was about us being really good. We needed a last second TD to beat a 5-7 Missouri team and we had one win over a team that finished in the top 25. An argument can be made that we should've snuck in the top 25 at the end of the year.

The love of that 2012 team says more about how bad we've been for the last 10+ years than anything else.

sufandu said:
We were playing well but I think destroying WVU was more about match ups than it was about us being really good. We needed a last second TD to beat a 5-7 Missouri team and we had one win over a team that finished in the top 25. An argument can be made that we should've snuck in the top 25 at the end of the year. The love of that 2012 team says more about how bad we've been for the last 10+ years than anything else.

That we wasted that years offense and then lost Marrone just as progress was being made was a nice touch.

yeah, and beyond the WVU win, we looked like crap even getting to 5-2. USC smashed us, we choked away a 4th quarter lead against Rutgers, we needed a last second FG to beat an absolutely horrific Tulane team, we beat Toledo in OT after the missed call on the missed XP. We were getting smashed by Wake until their QB went out late in the 3rd quarter and we pulled it out. basically, the 2011 team sucked all year except for the WVU game

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom