2013 Auburn football = 2013-14 Syracuse basketball | Syracusefan.com

2013 Auburn football = 2013-14 Syracuse basketball

Eric15

Living Legend
Teams that probably aren't quite as good as their record would indicate based on miraculous finishes, but excellent teams nonetheless. Now let's go play for a national title like Auburn did.

I'd prefer a comparison to the 2011 Auburn football team.

Teams that probably aren't quite as good as their record would indicate based on miraculous finishes, but excellent teams nonetheless. Now let's go play for a national title like Auburn did.
Lets just have a different outcome in the title game ;)

Reactions: cto
We seem to have borrowed Auburn' horse shoe and rammed it really, really deep up our ass.

Oops. I mean the year they won the NCAA championship, whatever year that was. You know what I mean.

I know - just teasing you.

98 Tennessee football

Tonight's dribble on the foot turnover, then yet another turnover, was the 1998 Tennessee - Arkansas game moment. Yeah, it would be cool to win, but here, you just win, it's too much for us to handle right now.

Tonight's dribble on the foot turnover, then yet another turnover, was the 1998 Tennessee - Arkansas game moment. Yeah, it would be cool to win, but here, you just win, it's too much for us to handle right now.

Has the hoops team had a 1998 Tennessee - Syracuse moment yet? I don't think the hoops team has benefited from a combination of crooked referees and p&^sy coaching decisions.

Has the hoops team had a 1998 Tennessee - Syracuse moment yet? I don't think the hoops team has benefited from a combination of crooked referees and p&^sy coaching decisions.

Ask the Duke fans.

Wait, don't. Because it will make your head explode.

Sounds like a pretty good comparison to me. Although the 2013 Auburn team may have been more "pure" lucky. That deflected pass in the end zone was pure luck.

SU's wins were based on the team reaching down and getting a fifth gear defensively and than offensively to come from behind and surge ahead. Although Ennis's 3 vs. Pitt could be considered "lucky" or maybe "improbable".

the deflected pass was basically a hail mary, ennis's shot wasnt a hail mary. he set his feet and squared up and got a decent look.

the deflected pass was basically a hail mary, ennis's shot wasnt a hail mary. he set his feet and squared up and got a decent look.

Yeah, yeah yeah.

One had a 15% probability and the other a 5% probability. Both in the same ballpark

Yeah, yeah yeah.

One had a 15% probability and the other a 5% probability. Both in the same ballpark

auburn was less than 5%. that wasnt your typical hail mary. not only did he have to catch the ball, it had to be deflected forward so he could run under it and score. 99 times out of 100 that play doesnt result in a td.

auburn was less than 5%. that wasnt your typical hail mary. not only did he have to catch the ball, it had to be deflected forward so he could run under it and score. 99 times out of 100 that play doesnt result in a td.

I'm reminded of the old story about the guy who asked the haughty woman if she would sleep with him for $1,000,000.

She said "Sure". And then he said "Well what about $20?'

What do you think I am?" she demanded.

He replied, "We have already established that. Now we are talking about price."

You are debating the relationship between two low probability events. They were both "low probability". We have already established that.

The Auburn comparison is a good one. You just wish it weren't.

I sometimes think this board is the refuge of White House spin doctors and defense lawyers.

I'm reminded of the old story about the guy who asked the haughty woman if she would sleep with him for $1,000,000.

She said "Sure". And then he said "Well what about $20?'

What do you think I am?" she demanded.

He replied, "We have already established that. Now we are talking about price."

You are debating the relationship between two low probability events. They were both "low probability". We have already established that.

The Auburn comparison is a good one. You just wish it weren't.

I sometimes think this board is the refuge of White House spin doctors and defense lawyers.
What you think here and in a few other current threads reminds me of a kid who used to show up all over town to play pickup ball. His BB IQ was that he was to take each and every shot.He would not rebound, play defense other than go for every steal and watch his man go by him then scream for help. He was not shy about telling every one how much he knew about BB and how they were screwing everything up.

Was that you?

After edit: Sorry - I know now it wasn't you after having to give you a like for one of your posts.

What you think here and in a few other current threads reminds me of a kid who used to show up all over town to play pickup ball. His BB IQ was that he was to take each and every shot.He would not rebound, play defense other than go for every steal and watch his man go by him then scream for help. He was not shy about telling every one how much he knew about BB and how they were screwing everything up.

Was that you?

After edit: Sorry - I know now it wasn't you after having to give you a like for one of your posts.

did that kid make incorrect predictions about conference realignment as well?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom