2013 Rankings | Syracusefan.com

2013 Rankings

Francis03

All American
Same as the other thread. We'll keep everything updated in here.

Final Rankings

ESPN Top 100
20)Ennis
31)Roberson
82)BJ

Rivalshoops Top 150
22.Ennis
39.Roberson
136.BJ

Scouthoops Top 100
22)Ennis
55)Roberson
89)BJ

247 Top 247
37)Ennis
39)Roberson
166)Patterson
178)Chino
183)BJ

ESPN
27.The Beast
38.Ennis
Smh at no BJ in the top 100View attachment 2271 Telep and his Wu-Tang deep collection of scouts aren't doing their job right.

Definitely agree!!! That kind of stuff just turns up the fire to keep us motivated to play our best. I know something that they don't know and this is that the CUSE is getting one hell of a player for
bj vs spfld 2013.jpg
years to come. Tell them to put that in there computer ratings.;)
Alright, Alright, Alright. You gonna learn today!!!!SUball

Definitely agree!!! That kind of stuff just turns up the fire to keep us motivated to play our best. I know something that they don't know and this is that the CUSE is getting one hell of a player for View attachment 2279 years to come. Tell them to put that in there computer ratings.;)
dad, I think we are getting a terrific talent. I just hope that if he doesn't get major minutes next year, you guys are patient. Frosh ususally don't play a lot here.

dad, I think we are getting a terrific talent. I just hope that if he doesn't get major minutes next year, you guys are patient. Frosh ususally don't play a lot here.
BJ is in it for the long hull. If he continues to play and improve as he has, playing time will be earned from his performance. He'll be ready for the challenges ahead of him.

Rankings mean nothing. They throw crap at a wall and hope it sticks.

It's nice to see your name in lights and in due time he will have his time. However, we are preparing for the District I Championship and State Chip. Both of whom will lost to a Chester Team last year by 6pts and a blowout. Some unfinished business to handle. Gonna be exciting.

Rankings mean nothing. They throw crap at a wall and hope it sticks.

So our class may not be that good?

Sent using my Commodore 64 on Tapatalk 5.3

It's nice to see your name in lights and in due time he will have his time. However, we are preparing for the District I Championship and State Chip. Both of whom will lost to a Chester Team last year by 6pts and a blowout. Some unfinished business to handle. Gonna be exciting.
Can't help myself...

ESPN
27.The Beast
38.Ennis
Smh at no BJ in the top 100View attachment 2271 Telep and his Wu-Tang deep collection of scouts aren't doing their job right.
Telep's a Tucky Homer. Uber Biased.
They (espn) are vested. That's not hate. It's just so obvious.
And when Cuse starts rolling, they join in like no one noticed.

I love this class! But as far as individual rankings go they dropped the ball.

So rankings only mean something when our guys are rated high?

Rankings mean nothing. An example, I was big on Jermaine Lawrence until he left Cardozo and things got weird he wasn't even ranked at the time. He transferred and has proven less than he did before he went into the top 50. I was also a big Jordan fan I don't even know where he is ranked. Class needs are the most important in my book.

Some of the players ranked by are experts have been watching most of these players on a national level AAU for years and they go with the names that they are familiar with because most likely they have not seen a player play personally. In terms of BJ not being rated in the top 100 in the ESPN poll, they definitely missed the boat. However, he was not even in the top 150 in rivals and scouthoops in the begining of the year or last summer and he was being heavily recruited by the CUSE and other major schools once they saw him as a unknown 3star player this summer. Now he is a 4star player in ratings and rankings, go figure. So the important thing here is that the SU staff knew what they doiing in recruiting BJ and others in this class. They have been doing it for years and have been succussful as I know that the history of SU has been that they have won year in and year out with players that have not been rated high or all americans for the most part. It is always fun to ride the hype but it comes down to being able to produce at a high level when earning your chance to play and sustaining that level and so on. Sometimes it better to have people eat crow. Some guys are rated at different levels which makes this class a great class. The coaches have done there homework on this class and they are going to be great. The bottom line is that when their number is called that they be ready to produce. #'s and rating never won anything without being able to put the ball in the basket on offense and stop somebody on defense. GREAT CLASS couchburn

Some of the players ranked by are experts have been watching most of these players on a national level AAU for years and they go with the names that they are familiar with because most likely they have not seen a player play personally. In terms of BJ not being rated in the top 100 in the ESPN poll, they definitely missed the boat. However, he was not even in the top 150 in and scouthoops in the begining of the year or last summer and he was being heavily recruited by the CUSE and other major schools once they saw him as a unknown 3star player this summer. Now he is a 4star player in ratings and rankings, go figure. So the important thing here is that the SU staff knew what they doiing in recruiting BJ and others in this class. They have been doing it for years and have been succussful as I know that the history of SU has been that they have won year in and year out with players that have not been rated high or all americans for the most part. It is always fun to ride the hype but it comes down to being able to produce at a high level when earning your chance to play and sustaining that level and so on. Sometimes it better to have people eat crow. Some guys are rated at different levels which makes this class a great class. The coaches have done there homework on this class and they are going to be great. The bottom line is that when their number is called that they be ready to produce. #'s and rating never won anything without being able to put the ball in the basket on offense and stop somebody on defense. GREAT CLASS couchburn

And BJ will learn that it is even more satisfying, when they don't rate you as highly as you know you deserve to be, and with your actions, you get to prove to them (shove it in their faces!) how wrong they were!

humble pie...

And BJ will learn that it is even more satisfying, when they don't rate you as highly as you know you deserve to be, and with your actions, you get to prove to them (shove it in their faces!) how wrong they were!

humble pie...

Listen for one thing BJ has always been taught to expect nothing to be given to him and to go out and earn it. From a livelyhood/basketball standpoint. Remember, you are talking to a guy who's College coach said that I won't play for him the following year. He held true to his word and I held true to mine" That he is going to miss me when I'm gone because he is never going to have another player like me ever again." And to this day, he never has! So the chip has been planted with positive accomplishing attitude in BJ. For conversation, it's interesting and fun to discuss as this road is traveled.

Rivalshoops final top 150
22.Ennis
39.Roberson
136.BJ

Thoughts???

Rivalshoops final top 150
22.Ennis
39.Roberson
136.BJ

Thoughts???
It would be easy to say that BJ is ranked far too low. But something tells me that he and Bobby will use this as motivation. I have little doubt BJ will be a major contributor to the orange over his career here. Ennis and Roberson will also be major contributors for SU heading into the ACC. This class will provide such a strong foundation for deep tournament runs over the next several years. Every peice of the puzzle fits so well.

Don't really understand how Lawrence can miss almost the entire season, meanwhile Roberson puts up big numbers and wins games but Lawrence is 13 spots ahead. Hving said that i think late 30's is where Grant was and if late 30's for Roberson means were getting another grant i have no problem with that at all.

The class is loaded at the top so Ennis at 22 sounds about right. Most years he'd be a lock for around 15 give or take I think but with all the reclassification and such it pushed him back. I'm pretty sure during the Jordan game Biancardi said he thought Ennis was the third best pg in the class and this has him as fourth behind Black Jesus. It's funny because last year the best pg was Paige from UNC and Ennis would abuse him if they went head to head as seniors in high school. If Ennis was in last years class he's probably even higher than 15.

I have a tough time believing there are 135 players in the country better than BJ. Not sure why he's that low. Maybe they look at numbers to have a big part in dictating rankings once it gets past a certain point and as the OG has said rarely would BJ play heavy minutes because they'd always run teams out of the gym. It's too bad BJ didn't get the recognition rankings wise that he deserved but it sounds like he and his dad feed off that and it will just give more fuel to the fire this off season. Whatever tho looks like BJ will probably join the long list of guys coming to campus without a lofty ranking that prove to be steals and great contributors to the program.

this is a strong class. For instance #94 Josh Hart leads his one man team with 24.5 and 10. Determining these rankings are tough. BJ will be player, whether it's this year or the next few. To me, he seems to be growing into his body, and is not done. I know I've appeared to be critical of him in past posts, but i'm a realist. It can't hurt to have someone who can hit his free throws at such a high clip, and definitely contribute on defense with his length at the very least.

Personally following the mantra of this post season being the revenge tour for our boys - why not let next season follow that - revenge against the fat bald men... to pay homage to Knight. Let the world understand just how good our ridiculously underrated recruiting class is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom