2013 recruiting | Syracusefan.com

2013 recruiting

CusefanATL

2018 Iggy Post Season Record NCAA Winner
are we the last major school to have 0 commitments?

No. I know that Wake and Indiana both are still at zero.

Of the Big 6 BCS conferences, SU remains on the short list of no recruits. We are joined by Oregon State, Iowa State, Temple and Wake Forest as the only schools without a recruit yet. I know it is still early, and rumor has it we don't have a huge amount of scholarships to fill this year, how many I am not sure, but regardless, would be nice to be off the snide and out of the bottom feeder list. So far, 412 recruits have committed to 84 schools, meaning there are 36 FBS prgrams left with a goose egg. Here's to the Cuse getting off that list with a recruit real soon!

Of the Big 6 BCS conferences, SU remains on the short list of no recruits. We are joined by Oregon State, Iowa State, Temple and Wake Forest as the only schools without a recruit yet. I know it is still early, and rumor has it we don't have a huge amount of scholarships to fill this year, how many I am not sure, but regardless, would be nice to be off the snide and out of the bottom feeder list. So far, 412 recruits have committed to 84 schools, meaning there are 36 FBS prgrams left with a goose egg. Here's to the Cuse getting off that list with a recruit real soon!
Indiana too!

And Syracuse not having a recruit by May 8 isn't that far off the norm. 0 - 3 is the norm. We've NEVER had more than 3 by this date any other year.

And Syracuse not having a recruit by May 8 isn't that far off the norm. 0 - 3 is the norm. We've NEVER had more than 3 by this date any other year.

Exactly. So it is the same old same old. Yet some people last year said we were done with that class very early so we could get a jump on this class. It appears those people were wrong since we are where we are. But we'll see.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Exactly. So it is the same old same old. Yet some people last year said we were done with that class very early so we could get a jump on this class. It appears those people were wrong since we are where we are. But we'll see.

Not necessarily. Just playing devil's advocate for a moment, "getting a jump" on this class could mean that we needed to get our foot in the door with some big fish, which might actually reduce the chance of getting an early commit. I'm not holding my breath this year, though. Unless we can sell the new facilities through some really awesome slide shows and such.

Not necessarily. Just playing devil's advocate for a moment, "getting a jump" on this class could mean that we needed to get our foot in the door with some big fish, which might actually reduce the chance of getting an early commit. I'm not holding my breath this year, though. Unless we can sell the new facilities through some really awesome slide shows and such.
I hear you on we have to upgrade, but kids that see a committment to do so in the next year or so will buy in. The question is do we have the recruiting strength to be taken seriously? I don't see the strength in our recruitor's that we need to take the next step. I like what is going on in GA, but NY is not looking good for us at this point, and our mainstay in FLA seems to be week this year in recruiting. Thing is, TW is doing well and establishing himself, what are we doing to protect these guys as well from being pecked by the big boys?

How are we on offers?

Do we have more or less offers out compared to this time last year?

How are we on offers?

Do we have more or less offers out compared to this time last year?
I believe it's less, but don't have the numbers to back that up.. That said, a much higher % of our offers are to 3-4*'s this year as opposed to 2-3*, so that's a plus...I hope!

I assume you are referring to me, because I am on record as saying that. You know I love you bees, but your post is plain silly. Getting a jump on 2013 refers to getting in homes, getting kids to commit to coming to camp, getting your thorough evals done, and getting your offers out early and accordingly. We have done that.

We are in there with some national leek recruits right now, and are poised to have one of the better classes in a long time. Kids that want to commit are being told to hang on right now, as we are waiting word from kids rated higher by the staff right now.

Also, who's to say we don't have recruits on board. If some people were to do some digging they'd find a handful of kids ready to pull the trigger. We would probably have 5 right now, and I have heard we may have one signed up already.

I guess Marrone was lying.

I believe it's less, but don't have the numbers to back that up.. That said, a much higher % of our offers are to 3-4*'s this year as opposed to 2-3*, so that's a plus...I hope!
It is looking pretty good for 3-4 of them, or so I have read, with a long shot 4 in kamara, but with the offers he is getting, not very likely. We appear to be heading for a 5-7 3 star and with a possible 4 star with the offers out there with maybe a total of 15 total recruits coming in, or so it appears. Where we might be picking up some guys under the radar is from JC, where DM has had some big pickups.

you know darn well that getting a jump on the 2013 class has/had nothing to do with getting more committments by May, and has everything to do with what CIL said.

I assume you are referring to me, because I am on record as saying that. You know I love you bees, but your post is plain silly. Getting a jump on 2013 refers to getting in homes, getting kids to commit to coming to camp, getting your thorough evals done, and getting your offers out early and accordingly. We have done that.

We are in there with some national leek recruits right now, and are poised to have one of the better classes in a long time. Kids that want to commit are being told to hang on right now, as we are waiting word from kids rated higher by the staff right now.

Also, who's to say we don't have recruits on board. If some people were to do some digging they'd find a handful of kids ready to pull the trigger. We would probably have 5 right now, and I have heard we may have one signed up already.

I agree with you 100%, but the proof will be in the pudding come signing day. As for now, it's hard to give the staff the benefit of the doubt. Here's hoping they can prove us doubters wrong.

I assume you are referring to me, because I am on record as saying that.

actually it wasn't. i either forgot you had said that or didn't see it.

Things will come along, its still early. Now if its september and we don't have any i'll get a little nervous.

you know darn well that getting a jump on the 2013 class has/had nothing to do with getting more committments by May, and has everything to do with what CIL said.

you would think if you are "in on kids much earlier" and recruiting them hard a year in advance like others, that it would translate into some earlier commitments by some players. that's not evident yet at all. so i maintain some people were blowing smoke last year with some of their claims.

you would think if you are "in on kids much earlier" and recruiting them hard a year in advance like others, that it would translate into some earlier commitments by some players. that's not evident yet at all. so i maintain some people were blowing smoke last year with some of their claims.

I think that is your opinion, i remember those posts and I never took them to be that we would get earlier commitments. I took them as we have made earlier contact and we are in better position to land some of those kids. I don't think any of the posts claimed to say we would ever have more commitments from better recruits earlier in the cycle. If we want early commitments i think we could offer a bunch of borderline D1 kids who would happily pledge to SU. But then we would all bitch about how we aren't landing the big fish and we are wasting scholarships.

I think that is your opinion, i remember those posts and I never took them to be that we would get earlier commitments. I took them as we have made earlier contact and we are in better position to land some of those kids. I don't think any of the posts claimed to say we would ever have more commitments from better recruits earlier in the cycle. If we want early commitments i think we could offer a bunch of borderline D1 kids who would happily pledge to SU. But then we would all bitch about how we aren't landing the big fish and we are wasting scholarships.

of course it is my opinion. that is why i said "you would think". if everything in the process is starting earlier, you would think earlier commitments would also happen, at least with some kids.

Why?
I would say if we were at the level we expect of this team, nothing at all to worry about, but we are not at this level. We also will have a huge class leaving this year, along with any potential early departurers, which then leads us into the ACC in 2013, which will happen. Not having a strong class in our first year will be tuff. We are projected to be the weakest team already in our ACC division by many analyst, so would be nice to have a strong class coming into the season if DM is going to live up to expectations, otherwise year 6 will be along quicker than he knows it, and I would be surprised if he still has the support he has now if they are not winning and recruiting well.

It would be Marrone who was blowing smoke then. He was the one who said it at the post-WVU luncheon.

It would be Marrone who was blowing smoke then. He was the one who said it at the post-WVU luncheon.
when you speak, people listen and hold you accountable. If he brings in Kamara, all is forgiven. If I remember, he was one of the guys that SU thought they could reel in. We were first by a long shot in offering to him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom