2014 Schedule Starting to Trickle in... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

2014 Schedule Starting to Trickle in...

Curious to see how many games make TV.

Hopefully a decent amount, either ESPN or ACC regional network, even CBS college network. Love college lacrosse but had enough of ESPN and their love affair with the Blue Jays. Want to watch any and all televised lax but refuse to give them ratings and justify their contract with JHU. Rather boycott than tune in. Go Orange, and hope to see a lot of them on television down here in the southeast.

From Face Off Yearbook

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 108
Schedule I have says SU v St Johns at Kennesaw St, 4pm. As a fan, I am happy with getting Albany, ND, Maryland and UNC in the dome. Each of those teams could be in the final four this year. Pretty good balance of home and away in my mind. I find it strange that they couldn't get a game on Saturday April 5th. Weird time of the year to have a bye week. Would rather have a game here vs February 10.

Schedule I have says SU v St Johns at Kennesaw St, 4pm. As a fan, I am happy with getting Albany, ND, Maryland and UNC in the dome. Each of those teams could be in the final four this year. Pretty good balance of home and away in my mind. I find it strange that they couldn't get a game on Saturday April 5th. Weird time of the year to have a bye week. Would rather have a game here vs February 10.

The balance might be good but Syracuse goes more then a month between home games in March, that is totally unacceptable. The schedule itself is extremely difficult to begin with, playing no home games for a month isnt exactly a recipe for sucess. As UVA showed last year, when you play in the gauntlet that is the ACC it doesnt take much for things to snowball and before you know it your in deep sh$t in regards to the tourney.

OrangeXtreme said:
St Johns confirmed. Sat March 8 at 1 PM in Atlanta. http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/stjo/sports/m-lacros/auto_pdf/2013-14/schedule/schedule.pdf Might this be held at Kennesaw State University, like the MLL Championship? http://www.insidelacrosse.com/news/2013/12/09/atlanta-host-2014-mll-championship-game

Lacrosse is getting too big for its britches. What kind of crowd do they expect in Atlanta for SU and St. John's? Another game we don't get to see. Oh wait, they're trying to grow the sport.

Cuseguy, I know you would rather SU to go back to 1994's schedule, but the game is growing whether we like it or not. One of the factors in growth is better athletes in warm weather locales. The top teams are scheduling games and camps in these areas to maximize exposure. As for the attendance, I would guess double what it would draw at St Johns and close to what it would draw in the dome.

outoftownie said:
Cuseguy, I know you would rather SU to go back to 1994's schedule, but the game is growing whether we like it or not. One of the factors in growth is better athletes in warm weather locales. The top teams are scheduling games and camps in these areas to maximize exposure. As for the attendance, I would guess double what it would draw at St Johns and close to what it would draw in the dome.

You're right, I don't like it. But I'm glad I had a nice 20-year run where I could actually see a number of games in person. I'll still follow the team but not with as much passion or enjoyment.

Lacrosse is getting too big for its britches. What kind of crowd do they expect in Atlanta for SU and St. John's? Another game we don't get to see. Oh wait, they're trying to grow the sport.
I'll be there. That's at least 1.

I haven't seen a Syracuse game in person since the 1990 final... you know, the game with the "missing" trophy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom