2016-17 Coaching Carousel | Syracusefan.com

2016-17 Coaching Carousel

Yeah I was surprised Purdue brought him back.Charlie Strong-Texas, Mark Stoops-Kentucky are probably the guys in most trouble right now in the P5.

Yeah I was surprised Purdue brought him back.Charlie Strong-Texas, Mark Stoops-Kentucky are probably the guys in most trouble right now in the P5.
Agreed, they wasted this year. It was inevitable. Sucks for Coach Lester.

Not surprised to see Purdue move. I watched their game vs Iowa before our game yesterday. They were missing probably their top 2 defensive players but it was pretty obvious they couldn't complete at a Big 10 level. Iowa just blasted them. Purdue scored a couple TDs against the 2nd string in the 4th quarter so it didn't look as bad, but it wasn't a competitive game.

If I was an AD and was looking at Les I straight up tell him if you are thinking about bringing Cam Cameron with you we don't want you.

Brian Kelly at ND, Gus Malzahn at Auburn, and Kliff Kingsbury at Texas Tech are three other of the bigger name guys at P5 (+ND) programs that could be axed this year (longtimefan already made note of Helton, who could also be on this list). None are locks to be fired, but none would surprise me if I woke up and saw it on ESPN.

Brian Kelly at ND, Gus Malzahn at Auburn, and Kliff Kingsbury at Texas Tech are three other of the bigger name guys at P5 (+ND) programs that could be axed this year (longtimefan already made note of Helton, who could also be on this list). None are locks to be fired, but none would surprise me if I woke up and saw it on ESPN.
Brian Kelly isn't going anywher. He has a ton of money left on his contract and they are still paying Weiss

Just saw that. So maybe Rich Rod should be on the list.
Rich has a 17 year old QB starting for AZ.
That said, their D just could not stop USC. (I was at the game).

Brian Kelly isn't going anywher. He has a ton of money left on his contract and they are still paying Weiss

true, and according to lunatic Lou Holtz on Sirius XM yesterday, Kelly will also be ok because "there haven't been any scandals with him as coach".. Except for a grad assistant dying in a crane accident in 70 mph winds, a girl committing suicide after being sexually assaulted by one of Kelly's players(and the school covering it up) and academic fraud cases against 4-5 players, Lou is dead on.

You can probably add Helfrich to the hot seat list, Oregon looks awful and Helfrich can't seem to bring in a good HS QB to play.

true, and according to lunatic Lou Holtz on Sirius XM yesterday, Kelly will also be ok because "there haven't been any scandals with him as coach".. Except for a grad assistant dying in a crane accident in 70 mph winds, a girl committing suicide after being s e xually assaulted by one of Kelly's players(and the school covering it up) and academic fraud cases against 4-5 players, Lou is dead on.

You can probably add Helfrich to the hot seat list, Oregon looks awful and Helfrich can't seem to bring in a good HS QB to play.
Well there hasn't been any decent highschool qbs in Oregon.:rolling:

true, and according to lunatic Lou Holtz on Sirius XM yesterday, Kelly will also be ok because "there haven't been any scandals with him as coach".. Except for a grad assistant dying in a crane accident in 70 mph winds, a girl committing suicide after being s e xually assaulted by one of Kelly's players(and the school covering it up) and academic fraud cases against 4-5 players, Lou is dead on.

Well there hasn't been any decent highschool qbs in Oregon.:rolling:
There are not many happy campers on the Orygun board. They have not been happy with their performance since Mariota left. Their losses (especially to Washington), their close win against us, and their dependence on transfer QBs since Kelly left (Mariota was recruited by Kelly) has made things even more not to their fans liking. To put how they feel about the Washington loss into perspective for you, imagine what this board would look like if you lost 70-21 to the folks in Storrs or New Brunswick. It is that bad.

You really think he stays on if say ND goose eggs the rest of the season?

I know it's a lot of money, but then again, ND has a lot of money.

I bet Shady gets a HC job this time around.
i hope it is in the acc. he is poor game day coach, he won't be able to hide behind a weak scheduel, like he did at ru.he is a control freak, and will micro manage

If Kelly is let go I wonder if Narduzzi would be a candidate.

I know I'll get roasted for saying this but I think Purdue should hire Greg Schiano. He's currently the DC at Ohio State. He worked a small miracle as HC at Rutgers. When you're Purdue, your goal is to simply be respectable. Given time Schiano would do that.

I know I'll get roasted for saying this but I think Purdue should hire Greg Schiano. He's currently the DC at Ohio State. He worked a small miracle as HC at Rutgers. When you're Purdue, your goal is to simply be respectable. Given time Schiano would do that.
I agree. He can at least teach them special teams and defense giving them a shot at respectability.

You really think he stays on if say ND goose eggs the rest of the season?

I know it's a lot of money, but then again, ND has a lot of money.
I'm not a nd fan but I really can't see them paying three head coaches at once. The NBC money only goes so far

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom