2016 Mets | Page 38 | Syracusefan.com

2016 Mets

That's great you can keep connected, but it's also a shame you can't catch the SNY broadcast. Ron and Keith are excellent and Gary doesnt screw it up.

If you have a smartphone, stream the game through the MLB.TV app and just listen to the audio through your car.

Anyone else frustrated by the Mets conservative approach? They have basically two above average position players at this point (yo and Cabrera)... they are praying that Walker rccovers and Conforto gets back and track. Other than that there are more question marks than answers. I haven't even mentioned that they have two reliable bull pen arms and one of them will be suspended to
start the year more likely than not. Yet all we here is that the Mets are done with free agency and don't want to do anything but sign a few relievers to one year contracts. Meanwhile the Nats and Cubs are beasts, the Dodgers seem
to have unlimited cash and the Giants and Cards are solid franchises looking to continuously get better. In the NL East the Marlins are already better 1 to 8 than the Mets other than Yo and are looking to add a teir 1 pitcher and closer.

Does Sandy not see all this? He seems content playing in the wild card game again next year. The Mets are going to waste both Yo and all the pitching talent because they refuse to spend to go for it.
Sandy is handcuffed by the Wilpons' finances. I was hoping for upgrades at C and 3B, but yesterday he let it be known that we'll be going with TDA & Wright on opening day.

Meanwhile, the Nats are looking to add either McCutcheon or Chris Sale, maybe both. Mets are falling farther and farther behind by standing still. Pitching will have to be not only healthy but exceptionally good to have a shot.

Sandy is handcuffed by the Wilpons' finances. I was hoping for upgrades at C and 3B, but yesterday he let it be known that we'll be going with TDA & Wright on opening day.

Meanwhile, the Nats are looking to add either McCutcheon or Chris Sale, maybe both. Mets are falling farther and farther behind by standing still. Pitching will have to be not only healthy but exceptionally good to have a shot.
At least the Red Sox took care of the potential Sale problem...

But agreed, we're going into another year of anytime the other team scores more than 3 runs we're probably going to lose. There just aren't enough proven bats on this team. I suspect if all of the big 4 come back healthy, Harvey is traded at the deadline.

I started following the Mets in 80's because of their broadcasters. I got four teams on cable back then: The Red Sox, the Yankees, the Mets and Braves. In Boston, Ned Martin and Bob Montgomery were a cure for insomnia. Phil Rizzuto was always talking about pizza places and barely payed attention to the game. The braves guys were like a booth full of Billy Fuccillos, (a ubiquitous and obnoxious local car salesman). But the Mets guys- Kiner, McCarver, Zabriskie and Helay were an easy listen. They explained the game so you could learn something and were good story tellers with a fine sense of humor. When the team got good, it wa sall the better but I preferred listening to those guys even when the team stunk.

These days I think the Mets are blessed with Cohen, Rose and Lewin, plus Keith and Ron doing color. They are a pleasure to listen to even when the game isn't pleasurable.

I started following the Mets in 80's because of their broadcasters. I got four teams on cable back then: The Red Sox, the Yankees, the Mets and Braves. In Boston, Ned Martin and Bob Montgomery were a cure for insomnia. Phil Rizzuto was always talking about pizza places and barely payed attention to the game. The braves guys were like a booth full of Billy Fuccillos, (a ubiquitous and obnoxious local car salesman). But the Mets guys- Kiner, McCarver, Zabriskie and Helay were an easy listen. They explained the game so you could learn something and were good story tellers with a fine sense of humor. When the team got good, it wa sall the better but I preferred listening to those guys even when the team stunk.

These days I think the Mets are blessed with Cohen, Rose and Lewin, plus Keith and Ron doing color. They are a pleasure to listen to even when the game isn't pleasurable.

I think the Mets have the best broadcast team in the business, and Howie and Josh are really good radio guys

Anyone else frustrated by the Mets conservative approach? They have basically two above average position players at this point (yo and Cabrera)... they are praying that Walker rccovers and Conforto gets back and track. Other than that there are more question marks than answers. I haven't even mentioned that they have two reliable bull pen arms and one of them will be suspended to
start the year more likely than not. Yet all we here is that the Mets are done with free agency and don't want to do anything but sign a few relievers to one year contracts. Meanwhile the Nats and Cubs are beasts, the Dodgers seem
to have unlimited cash and the Giants and Cards are solid franchises looking to continuously get better. In the NL East the Marlins are already better 1 to 8 than the Mets other than Yo and are looking to add a teir 1 pitcher and closer.

Does Sandy not see all this? He seems content playing in the wild card game again next year. The Mets are going to waste both Yo and all the pitching talent because they refuse to spend to go for it.

I don't think they have been conservative at all, its still early December, they already brought Walker and Cespedes back, I don't think Sandy is finished. We need an upgrade at catcher, and another bullpen arm or two.

Or the Nats are going to keep whiffing on guys.

Sandy has to say Wright is an option, I think there's a pretty decent chance he's played his last game, but they out him a lot of money.

If I'm looking at the roster, the real position I'm looking to upgrade is CF. I would take a run at Adam Eaton from the White Sox.

Sandy basically went on record today saying the Mets have to ditch payroll before adding to it. When will the Mets get new owners?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom