Class of 2016 - 2016 Rankings | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 2016 Rankings

The ignominious rankings by Jerry. Surely nobody takes him seriously in his assessment of talent. The only value inherent in his rankings is comedic value. There are however, a few things that you can always assume with a relative high degree of certainty.

One is that any kid that commits to Syracuse can expect Jerry to implement his "Jerry's 44 constant" in which any Syracuse player can expect his ranking to drop between 4 to 44 spots in any consecutive ranking period.

The other is that any kid who's name is even casually associated with Kentucky, the color Blue, power blue, or a program that has any connection to blue... will see a meteoric rise in his ranking with little or no other factual basis other than that association.

What do you do with Rovels after dropping Washington to 3 stars?
They are just as dumb as Skout, so you can make them a tie which basically means they both suck.

The ignominious rankings by Jerry. Surely nobody takes him seriously in his assessment of talent. The only value inherent in his rankings is comedic value. There are however, a few things that you can always assume with a relative high degree of certainty.

One is that any kid that commits to Syracuse can expect Jerry to implement his "Jerry's 44 constant" in which any Syracuse player can expect his ranking to drop between 4 to 44 spots in any consecutive ranking period.

The other is that any kid who's name is even casually associated with Kentucky, the color Blue, power blue, or a program that has any connection to blue... will see a meteoric rise in his ranking with little or no other factual basis other than that association.

Cool, except Jerry works for 2. 47, and has been consistently higher on Moyer than anyone else.

Deano said:
They are just as dumb as Skout, so you can make them a tie which basically means they both suck.
I mean if I had a guy falling 24 spots or whatever that he'd be a guy that basically forgot how to play bball. Like just chucks it over the backboard and falls down. Or like Mackey Sasser or chuck knoblauch

Its funny how much less interest committed players receive. Its like once they verbal pretty early in the process these rating guys stop truly evaluating them and spend all of their time on the guys who aren't yet committed. I know its somewhat human nature and also has a lot to do with generating interest and there is simply going to be more interest when you aren't committed yet. Battle is an excellent talent and NBA prospect, sure I wish he had picked SU, but I have a hard time figuring out how Gilbert would be ranked ahead of him.

I mean if I had a guy falling 24 spots or whatever that he'd be a guy that basically forgot how to play bball. Like just chucks it over the backboard and falls down. Or like Mackey Sasser or chuck knoblauch
nah, it likely just means that this particular evaluator thinks that 24 kids advanced more rapidly while he held steady

Do we actually have a shot at Banks? I haven't really heard anything regarding his recruitment.

Do we actually have a shot at Banks? I haven't really heard anything regarding his recruitment.
He said we're on his list and he has interest. Most of these class of 2016's will take visits in September and October and then begin making decisions leading up to the mid November signing period.

It'll be tough to pull him out of the south.

Doesn't he play with either Simmons or Gilbert? I can't remember which, but if they're friends, a package deal would be pretty sweet (not to mention probably the only way we could land him).

He said we're on his list and he has interest. Most of these class of 2016's will take visits in September and October and then begin making decisions leading up to the mid November signing period.

Its pretty interesting because even though we struck out on Battle we have gotten into position with a bunch of other highly rated guys. And looking at that updated list from ESPN 17 of the top 20 are uncommitted and 37 of the top 50 are uncommitted. That is a lot of highly rated players and if most wait to decide until closer to that November period we may have gotten answers on our appeals and relief as far as ships go. Chukwu to me is the perfect answer at center for us. He played sparingly in the BE last season and would have a season to learn at SU before stepping into a big role in 2016/17 season. The issue is if picking him up and going to 11 players this year wastes the other 2 ships we didn't use. If we got relief from the appeals before that happened then sure we would be good, if not it could be a grey area.

It'll be tough to pull him out of the south.

I am glad that we are in play with a bunch of these guys down south. Being in the ACC we are going to have to show we can get some of these kids at some point since we are directly competing with schools in that area.

Its pretty interesting because even though we struck out on Battle we have gotten into position with a bunch of other highly rated guys. And looking at that updated list from ESPN 17 of the top 20 are uncommitted and 37 of the top 50 are uncommitted. That is a lot of highly rated players and if most wait to decide until closer to that November period we may have gotten answers on our appeals and relief as far as ships go. Chukwu to me is the perfect answer at center for us. He played sparingly in the BE last season and would have a season to learn at SU before stepping into a big role in 2016/17 season. The issue is if picking him up and going to 11 players this year wastes the other 2 ships we didn't use. If we got relief from the appeals before that happened then sure we would be good, if not it could be a grey area.

I am glad that we are in play with a bunch of these guys down south. Being in the ACC we are going to have to show we can get some of these kids at some point since we are directly competing with schools in that area.
OMG yes, Chukwu, baby. If Miami, Virginia, Florida State, etc.. can recruit 7 footers, so can we. I wanted this kid before he committed to PC. Great coup by Cooley. But now that he's a FA, we need him... as I've been posting (ad naseum).

Doesn't he play with either Simmons or Gilbert? I can't remember which, but if they're friends, a package deal would be pretty sweet (not to mention probably the only way we could land him).
He plays AAU with Simmons but I wouldn't expect any package deal with them. Banks visited Kentucky this past weekend and has close ties with several other SEC programs. If we can get him up on a visit then obviously there would be a chance here.

He plays AAU with Simmons but I wouldn't expect any package deal with them. Banks visited Kentucky this past weekend and has close ties with several other SEC programs. If we can get him up on a visit then obviously there would be a chance here.

This is actually my worry with most of the southern guys. Can we get them to come and visit SU. I think like you if we can then we can sell at least a percentage of them on coming north. Our facilities are great and the Dome was pretty awe inspiring to me when I was a teenager. I just can't see a kid from the Carolina's, Virginia or Georgia committing to SU without taking a visit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom