2017-18 Coaching Carousel | Syracusefan.com

2017-18 Coaching Carousel

I don’t know why anybody would want these jobs anymore. Money be dammed.. If I could do my exact same job for double the salary and a corvette for a company car, with the trade off being 25x the scrutiny and pressure, no thanks you could keep it. (Full well knowing I get 3 years to perform at an unrealistic expectation and then I’m back to maybe making less money than I originally was and maybe at a worse company). It’s turning into a joke.

if you bank the 10-15 million and only last 2-3 yrs you can live a pretty comfortable life and also get smaller gigs pretty easily. guys like Snyder at KSU and JB at SU have gone decades at smaller p5 schools and done pretty well with way less pressure. go for the blaze of glory or slow and steady burn, people have to decide.

and the current system shows you can get there without being a top school if you build it right and the new 8 model when it happens makes it even easier but may also trickle down the pressures to lower schools

Tennessee:
Following yesterday’s 29-26 loss at Kentucky, UT officials are “discussing Butch Jones’ immediate future as coach of the Vols on Sunday afternoon” reports Mike Griffith. Will update as more is clear…

I don’t know why anybody would want these jobs anymore. Money be dammed.. If I could do my exact same job for double the salary and a corvette for a company car, with the trade off being 25x the scrutiny and pressure, no thanks you could keep it. (Full well knowing I get 3 years to perform at an unrealistic expectation and then I’m back to maybe making less money than I originally was and maybe at a worse company). It’s turning into a joke.

The more I hear about the situation, the more I'm inclined to believe that McElwain screwed this up himself. This wasn't a result of wins and losses, but showing up the administration and possibly about lying regarding certain issues.

Not just that but the damage to your health (less sleep, tremendous increase in stress).
You're literally taking years off your life.
Stick with being a great offensive coordinator.

Well, when you lose to UMass, something has to be done.

CousCuse response in 3..2..1.. ;)
UMASS on a 2 game win streak. Too bad their new DC couldn't have speeded up the installation, they lost all the other games by 1 score. App State was a very good win for their program, now if they could upset Miss State next week they would really be making a move. Northeastern football is under going a Renaissance, much to the chagrin of Scooch.

Last edited:
if you bank the 10-15 million and only last 2-3 yrs you can live a pretty comfortable life and also get smaller gigs pretty easily. guys like Snyder at KSU and JB at SU have gone decades at smaller p5 schools and done pretty well with way less pressure. go for the blaze of glory or slow and steady burn, people have to decide.

and the current system shows you can get there without being a top school if you build it right and the new 8 model when it happens makes it even easier but may also trickle down the pressures to lower schools

I could live pretty comfortably on Dino’s or Matt Campbell’s salary to over the next 10 years and then retire with 25 million in the bank.

Coaching rumors: Texas A&M has interest in hiring FSU's Jimbo Fisher

All signs are pointing toward the end of the Kevin Sumlin era in College Station after six years in charge of the Texas A&M football program.

The big question is who will the Aggies go after to help turn them into SEC contenders. According to one writer, A&M might be going after a coach with a national championship under his belt.

Speaking on The Paul Finebaum Show, Houston Chronicle staff writer Brent Zwerneman said the people in charge at Texas A&M are interested in bringing in Florida State’s Jimbo Fisher.

It would seemingly be a home-run hire for the Aggies despite the down season the Seminoles are having under Fisher. As coach at Florida State since 2010, Fisher has run up a record of 81-22, three ACC titles, and the 2013 BCS National Championship.

Fisher has experience coaching in the SEC. From 1993-98, he served as quarterbacks coach at Auburn. He worked as offensive coordinator at LSU from 2000-06.

Coaching rumors: Texas A&M has interest in hiring FSU's Jimbo Fisher

All signs are pointing toward the end of the Kevin Sumlin era in College Station after six years in charge of the Texas A&M football program.

The big question is who will the Aggies go after to help turn them into SEC contenders. According to one writer, A&M might be going after a coach with a national championship under his belt.

Speaking on The Paul Finebaum Show, Houston Chronicle staff writer Brent Zwerneman said the people in charge at Texas A&M are interested in bringing in Florida State’s Jimbo Fisher.

It would seemingly be a home-run hire for the Aggies despite the down season the Seminoles are having under Fisher. As coach at Florida State since 2010, Fisher has run up a record of 81-22, three ACC titles, and the 2013 BCS National Championship.

Fisher has experience coaching in the SEC. From 1993-98, he served as quarterbacks coach at Auburn. He worked as offensive coordinator at LSU from 2000-06.

Why would Jimbo make this move?