2017-18 Fall Ball / Mumps Ball / Preseason Ball | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

2017-18 Fall Ball / Mumps Ball / Preseason Ball

When will they finally update the roster over at cuse.com? In a couple months?
If I recall they take a long time to update those.

Madonna was a Sr and wore #25 according to Cuse.com

Madonna has one more year, and the lead in the keeper race. Not sure how it will all shake out, but he was the first goalie when they stopped fall practice version 1.0.

Madonna has one more year, and the lead in the keeper race. Not sure how it will all shake out, but he was the first goalie when they stopped fall practice version 1.0.

Good for him, would be pretty surprised if he won the job in the spring though.

Asked to name a few freshman who have stood out in the brief evaluation window so far, Desko offered a non-inclusive list of defender Grant Murphy and midfielders Brendan Curry (whose father, Todd, was an All-American at SU), Tucker Dordevic and Dami Oladunmoye.

Syracuse will have a challenge replacing Ben Williams on faceoffs, and Desko also cited three newcomers there: freshmen Jakob Phaup and Nate Garlow (Marcellus) as well as Seth DeLisle (Fulton), a transfer from Nazareth. But Desko said the position is also in good hands with returner Danny Varello.

The Orange also has a vacancy in net with the departure of Evan Molloy. But Desko said returner Dom Madonna, from Liverpool, will enter spring practice as the leader for the starting job.

In another update, Desko said redshirt sophomore defender Nick Mellen, who missed all of last season with injuries, is practicing and should be OK to play this spring.

C70B23E3-4CB2-4214-BB8F-469340CDD4A8.png

Looks like Dilts, Flanagan and Burt are missing.
Good eye! I never got the sense that Burt was someone who would ever see the field for meaningful minutes. I think Dilts is an off-ball defender and I guess he got stuck behind Bomberry.

I always question the narratives of these preview pieces. For instance, it says that Helmer is a possible option at close defense. It's possible, but it would be something different than last season, and Helmer played some SSDM late in the year. Also, no mention of Drake Porter as being in the goalie competition. He played a little last year and looked good. I don't expect him to start, but I figured there was a better chance of him starting than McPeak. IL had some guys at SU fall practices so it's possible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom