2017 schedule set to be released tommorrow 1/24 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

2017 schedule set to be released tommorrow 1/24

Ya know, everybody pushes for a weak non-conf. slate. We pretty much get that less LSU this year.

I have a friend call me saying he may not buy season's bc of the weak home schedule. And then people state they won't travel for these games.

This is exactly why we scheduled larger schools and moved games to MetLife, because our fans want their cake and to eat it too.

I'm not coming to the Dome bc it's a crap game.

Wow, their playing school XYZ?! They'll never win, why would they schedule like that? I'm not going up there for that.

Ya know, everybody pushes for a weak non-conf. slate. We pretty much get that less LSU this year.

I have a friend call me saying he may not buy season's bc of the weak home schedule. And then people state they won't travel for these games.

This is exactly why we scheduled larger schools and moved games to MetLife, because our fans want their cake and to eat it too.

Wow, their playing school XYZ?! They'll never win, why would they schedule like that? I'm not going up there for that.

To be fair you get 7 home games (3 weaker opponents, 4 ACC games) and one of those 7 is the defending national champions. Only 6 or so teams will see them in their city other than Clemson themselves. Don't get me wrong - you're friend is not the only one with that mindset but that's the mindset of the 'on-the-fence' fan who knows we've been bad/mediocre since '01. Faith is hard to come by when you speak SU Football to the common fan - but we'll see

We don't play any ACC games against teams coming off a bye. That is good. A distinct advantage considering our fast-paced attack. Might lead to more cramps for opponents, if you know what I mean.

We don't play any ACC games against teams coming off a bye. That is good. A distinct advantage considering our fast-paced attack. Might lead to more cramps for opponents, if you know what I mean.
that's good.

2 weeks to prepare for Dino's offense is not what we need.

It is lose lose. Even if we had, say, Indiana or Vandy at home this year. You'd hear the same thing, weak opponent! Schedule a name, and they'll never win!

People can easily be selective about giving up season tickets because you can get a cheap ticket somewhere for any game you want. And the following year, you can just get season tickets if you want. It's a buyer's market in Syracuse these days.

Hopefully that all changes in the next 2-3 years.

cut bait

if only we were playing teams that went to bowl games in the dome next year instead of so many bad teams..

Therein lies the problem. Who gets credit for going to bowl games in today's environment.

Playing Mid Tenn State and CMU makes sense for us right now. But if you went to the streets of Syracuse, identified sports fans, and ask them if they knew those teams went to a bowl, 90% would say "what, the toilet bowl" and then laugh at themselves so loud that you'd want to throw yourself in front of a car to make it stop.

I think the die-hards, the people we have on this board, will go through thick and thin... Hell, we're still here right?

Honestly, the opponent doesn't mean nearly as much to me as when I was younger. I actually don't mind seeing schools like MTSU come to the dome because I've never seen them in person. But, I'm also a collector, so I think seeing the different helmets still matters to me.

My opinion on this schedule is that we couldn't ask for a better setup. The NC slate ramps up to the hardest competition. The bye week is at a really good time. Our toughest opponents are staggered. 7 home games. We finish the back end with reasonable opponents. We've got no opponents coming off a bye. Really, what else could we ask for?

Ya never know. CCST will be 7 pm, MTSU could be our call to put at a decent time if no tv involvement, clemson fri night and pitt and wake could catch a 330 slot if we both are above .500. Fingers crossed.

if ccsu stays on saturday id expect a 1 pm start if they move it to friday like they have for 2 or 3 years straight 7pm. middle tennessee or central michigan will probably make espnnews or u at noon with other on accn or rsn. the acc games besides clemson it is way to early to speculate. Clemson i'm expecting an 8pm start

Hmmm. I like to come up for an early season non conf game, but those are some meh matchups. I guess Middle Tennessee State looks like the one.
We'll probably make MTSU the board tailgate...

One thing to remember...Even if the first three home games are not with P5 teams...A win in September over anyone makes the drive back to NJ much more enjoyable

One thing to remember...Even if the first three home games are not with P5 teams...A win in September over anyone makes the drive back to NJ much more enjoyable

I am trying to make it up to Syracuse for the MTSU game.

Excellent. That should be a good game.