2018 Lineup | Syracusefan.com

2018 Lineup

ohmilax34

Scout Team
I'll start with man up, because I noticed from Woody's posts of the roster that there are only 3 left handed players who I think are in the running for playing time and SU likes having 3 righties and 3 lefties on their man up.

Righties
Solomon
Trimboli
Bomberry

Lefties
Rehfuss
Voigt
Forkin

I think Buttermore is a lefty, but I don't think he's gonna get looked at for man up this season. I'm leaving out Lane, because he is inefficient.

I'll start with man up, because I noticed from Woody's posts of the roster that there are only 3 left handed players who I think are in the running for playing time and SU likes having 3 righties and 3 lefties on their man up.

Righties
Solomon
Trimboli
Bomberry

Lefties
Rehfuss
Voigt
Forkin

I think Buttermore is a lefty, but I don't think he's gonna get looked at for man up this season. I'm leaving out Lane, because he is inefficient.
I think they go 4 & 2

Solomon
Trimboli
Bomberry
Lane

Rehfuss
Voight.

I don't think Forkin sees the field this year and its amazing that so many ppl put stock in him coming back and producing. He's lower on the depth chart than some Frosh. He left Cuse due to poor academic standings and then suffered a knee injury last year. He's got a lot of ppl to jump before he sees the field.

My thing with Forkin was that I'll believe he's on the team when I see him on the roster. I don't know if Woody posted the OFFICIAL roster or not, but he was on it, and that showed me something. But he has to show the coaches something too. I figured I was one of the more skeptical people regarding Forkin, so I understand your viewpoint.

Are any of the righties so ambidextrous that they can play on the lefty side and run the rotations like they normally do?

I like CreaseRat's proposal. I would like to see and maybe expect to see one of the younger players get time on the man-up unit. It seems like a good way for a freshmen to get his feet wet. I was pulling for Quinn to maybe see time as he looks to be the best pure shooter in the class.

Forkin is a mystery but there always seems to be some surprise player each year that no one expects to make an impact. I feel bad, three years ago I thought for sure he would have made an impact - since then it's been bad breaks. Have to put some stock in the fact that he worked hard to get back to SU, and also stay even though he got hurt. Also wonder about Spencer Small, who saw time before leaving and then coming back again.

I like CreaseRat's proposal. I would like to see and maybe expect to see one of the younger players get time on the man-up unit. It seems like a good way for a freshmen to get his feet wet. I was pulling for Quinn to maybe see time as he looks to be the best pure shooter in the class.

Forkin is a mystery but there always seems to be some surprise player each year that no one expects to make an impact. I feel bad, three years ago I thought for sure he would have made an impact - since then it's been bad breaks. Have to put some stock in the fact that he worked hard to get back to SU, and also stay even though he got hurt. Also wonder about Spencer Small, who saw time before leaving and then coming back again.
Small nitpick, but I don't think Small was ever on the SU roster until this fall. He wasn't ultra-productive for a his (very good) High School team. He was productive his freshman year at an MCLA school. He always looked like a good athlete.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom