2018 PGA Championship | Syracusefan.com

2018 PGA Championship

I'd like to see Fowler break through

Your wish is coming through so far. Five under and leading. Of course the front page of espn just keeps updating Tiger woods Information. Im so sick of the coverage he gets while other, much better players are bringing it on the regular. Im SOOOOO sick of it.

Espn is basically "what did tiger do? " "what did lebron do" "NFL players kneeling"

repeat

I'd like to see Fowler break through

He seems to be the most gracious to others when they win. He has had so many close calls its only fair that he gets one.

I disliked him when he came on the tour 8 years ago (time flies), but I have plenty of respect for him now.

I've long seen Woodland as the next one to break out of the pack, much the same way Koepka did. Sure it's early, but I'm not surprised he's on the leaderboard.

Good grief, I just saw the size of the 16th green. Holy freaking cripes! It's bigger than my last school's parking lot.

I've long seen Woodland as the next one to break out of the pack, much the same way Koepka did. Sure it's early, but I'm not surprised he's on the leaderboard.

Gary Woodland was as good in 2011 as he is now. He has stagnated around the world #50 mark for 7 years.

He is not the next one by any means. He is a top level journeyman, but that is it. Doesn't mean he can't win this week, but this will not be his moment to break through into the golf elite for a sustained period.

I'm not a Tiger Woods guy, but his short iron swing is Beethoven's Sixth. <cow tips cap>.

Jordan Speith starting to become a little like Phil was in the past. Complaining about golf courses.

He is frustrated because the course is not hard enough. Maybe shoot more then a 71 in the first round then you can complain.

There is no website worse at promoting its sport than PGATOUR.com

- Hard to find TV Times. I was looking last night to see if they would start broadcasting earlier. Not easy to find TV times in the first place, and when I saw it said 11:00 today... which it still says now. Thankfully I ignored the fact that they said TV was at 11:00 today, and saw that it was already on

- Still claims as of now that play is suspended even with a big red banner. Furthermore, when there is a weather delay shows nothing as to whether it is a short delay, long delay, delayed for the full day.

Whomever is in charge of that site needs a good kick in the ass.

Time for a haircut Phil.

There is no website worse at promoting its sport than PGATOUR.com

- Hard to find TV Times. I was looking last night to see if they would start broadcasting earlier. Not easy to find TV times in the first place, and when I saw it said 11:00 today... which it still says now. Thankfully I ignored the fact that they said TV was at 11:00 today, and saw that it was already on

- Still claims as of now that play is suspended even with a big red banner. Furthermore, when there is a weather delay shows nothing as to whether it is a short delay, long delay, delayed for the full day.

Whomever is in charge of that site needs a good kick in the ass.

Perhaps if you were paying attention you'd have noticed they suspended play during the second round yesterday and had to complete it this morning. You know, necessitating an adjustment to the TV times that were posted before the suspension of play. But what do I know?
noidea.gif

Perhaps if you were paying attention you'd have noticed they suspended play during the second round yesterday and had to complete it this morning. You know, necessitating an adjustment to the TV times that were posted before the suspension of play. But what do I know? View attachment 136896

Why would I care what was said or shown on TV yesterday about today's times. I was using their website from work around 5:00 yesterdau trying to find info on how long the delay may be, and used it after I got home at 10:00 looking for information. My complaint is such information is either hard to find on their website, unavailable or wrong.

I posted at 8:11 EST this morning that the suspended banner was still up when golf was already started.

Last edited:
Despite being a bit of a birdie fest and easier, it hasn't caused any weaknesses in the leaderboard.

5 of the Top 10 are within 3 shots of the lead or leading
4 of the Top 10 are 4 shots or 5 shots behind.

So 9 of the top 10 in the world are in strong contention, and then of course there is Tiger Woods who is 3 shots out of the lead.

Koepka has been great in the clutch in majors, and sure he has the lead, but you would be crazy to take him at just +200 against this field of leaders is crazy,

Big time save for Tiger at 10.

To me the guy to watch is Koepka.
He is the only guy I think can get away from Tiger. If Tiger can shoot a 33 on the back nine here he could win.

CBS announcer gets the name wrong of the person who just got a hole in one. Good work.

Although, who knows maybe Mike Wallace is back from the dead and playing on the European tour.

Big time save for Tiger at 10.

To me the guy to watch is Koepka.
He is the only guy I think can get away from Tiger. If Tiger can shoot a 33 on the back nine here he could win.

Good call on Koepka ... he is opening a bit of a bulge... I am really surprised that nobody else has got into and also stayed in double digits given the strength of the followers.

1. Koepka -13

2. Scott -9
Woods -9... make it -8 (3 putt from 18 feet, I just assumed he would make birdie)

Adam Scott hasn't had a top 5 finish in any event since January 1, 2017, when he was ranked #7 in the world. Currently he is #76, so this week has really come out of nowhere.

About 10 minutes ago, with Koepha 5 ahead of Tiger, a key moment occured.

Koepka had a 12 footer for par.
Woods had an 18 footer for eagle.

It looked for sure that Tiger would gain one shot, decent shot of gaining 2 shots, real outside of 3 shots (eagle vs bogey). Instead Koepka saved par, and Tiger 3 putted.

Everybody has stalled at -8 except Koepka. Tiger is in a 6 way tie for second, but they are 5 behind Koepka.

This has been more of a classic Saturday 3rd round when Tiger was in his prime with BK playing the role of Tiger. Played a solid good golf round, while the rest just faltered.

Nice bounceback by Woodland to stay within a couple.

Surprised Koepka started leaking oil on that back 9 stretch yesterday but I think he'll go 2 or 3 under today and that will be enough that nobody catches him

There are fairly decent scores but really nothing great from the players coming on. Not sure if there is a 63 or 64 out there for the guys at -8.

Ben Kern has been pretty impressive. The only PGA club pro (of the 20 invited) that made the cut. Usually they sink to the bottom over the weekend, the odd time to make the cut.

Instead he shot a 67 yesterday, and is 1 under today. From just making the cut to moving up to 35th is quite the feat for a club pro. It seems like it could be one of the best showings in recent time for a club pro.

Live scores and odds. Take a way five hours from those tee times.
1534097335823.png

1534097284215.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom