2018 Pro Football Hall of Fame | Syracusefan.com

2018 Pro Football Hall of Fame

KaiserUEO

2022 and 2x ESPN Tourney Challenge Winner
  • Tony Boselli, Tackle – 1995-2001 Jacksonville Jaguars
  • Isaac Bruce, Wide Receiver – 1994-2007 Los Angeles/St. Louis Rams, 2008-09 San Francisco 49ers
  • Brian Dawkins, Safety – 1996-2008 Philadelphia Eagles, 2009-2011 Denver Broncos
  • Alan Faneca, Guard – 1998-2007 Pittsburgh Steelers, 2008-09 New York Jets, 2010 Arizona Cardinals
  • Steve Hutchinson, Guard – 2001-05 Seattle Seahawks, 2006-2011 Minnesota Vikings, 2012 Tennessee Titans
  • Joe Jacoby, Tackle – 1981-1993 Washington Redskins
  • Edgerrin James, Running Back – 1999-2005 Indianapolis Colts, 2006-08 Arizona Cardinals, 2009 Seattle Seahawks
  • Ty Law, Cornerback – 1995-2004 New England Patriots, 2005, 2008 New York Jets, 2006-07 Kansas City Chiefs, 2009 Denver Broncos
  • Ray Lewis, Linebacker – 1996-2012 Baltimore Ravens
  • John Lynch, Free Safety – 1993-2003 Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 2004-07 Denver Broncos
  • Kevin Mawae, Center – 1994-97 Seattle Seahawks, 1998-2005 New York Jets, 2006-09 Tennessee Titans
  • Randy Moss, Wide Receiver – 1998-2004, 2010 Minnesota Vikings, 2005-06 Oakland Raiders, 2007-2010 New England Patriots, 2010 Tennessee Titans, 2012 San Francisco 49ers
  • Terrell Owens, Wide Receiver – 1996-2003 San Francisco 49ers, 2004-05 Philadelphia Eagles, 2006-08 Dallas Cowboys, 2009 Buffalo Bills, 2010 Cincinnati Bengals
  • Brian Urlacher, Linebacker – 2000-2012 Chicago Bears
  • Everson Walls, Cornerback – 1981-89 Dallas Cowboys, 1990-92 New York Giants, 1992-93 Cleveland Browns
The 15 Modern-Era Finalists join three other finalists to comprise 18 finalists under consideration for the Pro Football Hall of Fame’s Class of 2018.

Two Senior Finalists were announced in August 2017 by the Seniors Committee that reviews the qualifications of those players whose careers ended more than 25 years ago.

• Robert Brazile, Linebacker – 1975-1984 Houston Oilers
  • Jerry Kramer, Guard – 1958-1968 Green Bay Packers
One Contributor Finalist, also announced in August, was selected by the Hall of Fame’s Contributor Committee that considers persons, other than players and coaches, who made outstanding contributions to professional football.

• Bobby Beathard, General Manager/Personnel Administrator – 1966-67 Kansas City Chiefs, 1968-1971 Atlanta Falcons, 1972-77 Miami Dolphins, 1978-1988 Washington Redskins, 1990-99 San Diego Chargers
To be elected, a finalist must receive a minimum positive vote of 80%.

All right kids...who ya got??

A class of 4-8 MUST be inducted and no more than 5 Modern Era players.

I’ll start by saying Brazile, Kramer and Beathard are locks.

Hell, I thought Kramer and Beathard were already in.

RayRay, that murderer, goes in.

So does Randy.

I think they clean up then WR pool with TO, unless they make him wait 1 more year.

This is where it gets tricky.

To me, the only other guys with a shot this year are Dawkins, Urlacher, Boselli and Jacoby.

I’d like to thInk Jacoby goes in on his last year.

Just not sure I see it.

I’ll go with Dawkins.

So:

Ray
Randy
TO
Dawkins
Brazile
Kramer
Beathard

Not as easy as years past...

I’ll start by saying Brazile, Kramer and Beathard are locks.

Hell, I thought Kramer and Beathard were already in.

RayRay, that murderer, goes in.

So does Randy.

I think they clean up then WR pool with TO, unless they make him wait 1 more year.

This is where it gets tricky.

To me, the only other guys with a shot this year are Dawkins, Urlacher, Boselli and Jacoby.

I’d like to thInk Jacoby goes in on his last year.

Just not sure I see it.

I’ll go with Dawkins.

So:

Ray
Randy
TO
Dawkins
Brazile
Kramer
Beathard

Not as easy as years past...

I can go with that list. Might also add John Lynch.

Was listening to the radio yesterday and a story was recounted about Bart Starr. Starr was asked if anybody from his squad has been overlooked by the HoF. He said one guy - Bob Skoronski (LT). Asked if anybody else was left out he said "nope". Will be interesting.

I can go with that list. Might also add John Lynch.

Was listening to the radio yesterday and a story was recounted about Bart Starr. Starr was asked if anybody from his squad has been overlooked by the HoF. He said one guy - Bob Skoronski (LT). Asked if anybody else was left out he said "nope". Will be interesting.
Starr probably thought Kramer was in too.

Or was counting this year as a slam dunk.

Starr probably thought Kramer was in too.

Or was counting this year as a slam dunk.

Nah Starr is well aware that Kramer is not in the HoF and for some reason hasn't been supportive. Not really sure why.

Nah Starr is well aware that Kramer is not in the HoF and for some reason hasn't been supportive. Not really sure why.
Interesting.

Got a guess at the Hall??

Interesting.

Got a guess at the Hall??

These are who I would elect - as opposed to a prediction of which guys get in - Lewis, Moss, Owens, Dawkins and Lynch. The first three guys have some obvious aspects to their candidacy that some could find troubling but purely on football they deserve to get in. Safeties are always overlooked but Dawkins is one of the best defensive players I've seen in the last 30 years. Could do everything. Lynch also very good just a little less so imo.

Boselli was HoF caliber but just didn't play long enough. Isaac Bruce was underrated and deserves consideration. Several great players on that list but not sure they are HoF material.

These are who I would elect - as opposed to a prediction of which guys get in - Lewis, Moss, Owens, Dawkins and Lynch. The first three guys have some obvious aspects to their candidacy that some could find troubling but purely on football they deserve to get in. Safeties are always overlooked but Dawkins is one of the best defensive players I've seen in the last 30 years. Could do everything. Lynch also very good just a little less so imo.

Boselli was HoF caliber but just didn't play long enough. Isaac Bruce was underrated and deserves consideration. Several great players on that list but not sure they are HoF material.
Boselli is a HOF to me.

But hes certainly an interesting case.

If Terrell Davis is in, so will he.

I just saw TO at radio row.
He said he isn’t getting in.
DU5JFqIVQAAoQWv

BTW whoever lives in Minnesota willingly should get a tax write off.
This place is beyond cold.

Moss and Lewis are the only locks.

I just saw TO at radio row.
He said he isn’t getting in.
DU5JFqIVQAAoQWv

BTW whoever lives in Minnesota willingly should get a tax write off.
This place is beyond cold.

Moss and Lewis are the only locks.
I was in Minneapolis a couple weeks ago on business. The day I left it was -11 at 8AM. It's perfectly balmy there this weekend. :)

The five chosen were Lewis, Moss, Owens, Dawkins and Urlacher.

As an obnoxious public personality who played for the 49ers, Eagles, and Cowboys, I obviously never rooted for Owens. But he should’ve already been in, so it’s well deserved.

Good class.

Next year Tomy Gonzalez, Champ Bailey and Ed Reed for sure.

Heard a rumor that George Young was finally going to get his due as well.

Ty Law should be in. They had to change illegal contact rules because of him just so Peyton Manning could make the Super Bowl.

Ty Law should be in. They had to change illegal contact rules because of him just so Peyton Manning could make the Super Bowl.
Him and Bailey were the best corners from that Era.
Thus I don’t think Bailey is a lock.
The all-2000 team corners were Charles Woodson, Ty Law, Champ Bailey, Ronde Barber.
They have made Law wait 2 years.
Law was first team all-pro 2 times and second team all-pro 3 times.

He will get in.

Gonzalez and Reed are the only locks.

Him and Bailey were the best corners from that Era.
Thus I don’t think Bailey is a lock.
The all-2000 team corners were Charles Woodson, Ty Law, Champ Bailey, Ronde Barber.
They have made Law wait 2 years.
Law was first team all-pro 2 times and second team all-pro 3 times.

He will get in.

Gonzalez and Reed are the only locks.
Law is getting in.

But Bailey blows him out of the water.

They can cast his bust today.

Only player in NFL history to have > 25 picks, > 25 forced fumbles and > 25 sacks.

That’s impressive. Dawkins is the only Eagle (outside of McNabb for obvious reasons) I liked.

His ability to play at a high level for as long as he did (staying healthy despite his penchant to make devastating hits) is remarkable.

He and Moss are only the true HoFers in that modern list.

Urlacher, meh (IMO too injured for his era & position).
T.O. Locker room cancer who I thought should’ve been made to wait it out a few more years.
Slayin Ray Lewis was always 50/50 for me (and not because he killed someone).

Ray Lewis. Lol. Pro Football HOF should be ashamed.