2018 Roster Limit | Syracusefan.com

2018 Roster Limit

Consigliere

Co 2020 Cali Award Winner, Record Thru 5 Games
I see the totals in the "Fishes and Loaves" thread and realize things are always fluid but I'm struggling to reconcile the number of open slots for the 2018 class. I count 81 current scholarship players including the incoming class and only 11 seniors. That would limit us to 15 slots right now, not the 18 that are commonly discussed. I believe former walkons Mahoney, Foster and Keller are now on scholarship, right? I know there will be current RS Jrs. who will not return but at least for now I count them as eligible for 2018.

I won't list my full 81 but by position with seniors in () I count:

QB 4 (1)
RB 5 (0)
OL 14 (1)
TE 2 (0)
WR 12 (3)
DL 14 (0) - still counting Nelson
LB 11 (3)
DB 16 (2)
ST 3 (1)

Total 81 (11)

What am I missing?

Maybe all the numbers won't be updated until SU releases it's official roster in September?

I have a life, you know.

LOL. I'm sure I have something wrong. The 17 or 18 number is listed in a number of recruiting analyses but looking at the projected roster by position I just can't reconcile.

LOL. I'm sure I have something wrong. The 17 or 18 number is listed in a number of recruiting analyses but looking at the projected roster by position I just can't reconcile.

We have 81 current players, and 11 departing Seniors / Grad students.

I usually wait until everyone returns in August to update the counts and list all the players. Just in case there are any unexpected departures or arrivals between now and then.

So, the 70 returnees / 15 recruits is correct (for now).

However, Dino can take as many recruits as he wants. ;)

I've been assuming that a redshirt junior or two will take their degree after the season.

We have 81 current players, and 11 departing Seniors / Grad students.

I usually wait until everyone returns in August to update the counts and list all the players. Just in case there are any unexpected departures or arrivals between now and then.

So, the 70 returnees / 15 recruits is correct (for now).

However, Dino can take as many recruits as he wants. ;)
Yes it's all in how you count the fishes.

You have a life? ;)

latest

You have a life? ;)

Considering it took all of 23 minutes from my OP to do a complete roster analysis, examine totals and provide the numbers I think we all know where that life is!

In a related question, how are we filling out the rest of our class?

I think my somewhat realistic dream class is:
1) Edward Hendrix
2) Antuwan Johnson
3) Nate Thompson
4) Chance Amie
5) Qadir White
6) a DT of somekind
7) a DE of somekind

1) Edward Hendrix
2) Antuwan Johnson
3) Nate Thompson
4) Chance Amie
5) Qadir White
6) a DT of somekind
7) a DE of somekind

Thinking 1 QB, 1 OL, 1-2WR, 1 DL, 1 LB, 1-2 DB and may be a TE.
Amie or Levis
White
Hendrix / Harrell
Culpepper / Gissinger
A Johnson
Hall / Another DB?
TE?

1) Edward Hendrix
2) Antuwan Johnson
3) Nate Thompson
4) Chance Amie
5) Qadir White
6) a DT of somekind
7) a DE of somekind

6 or 7) Judge Culpepper?

Edit: sorry, finished reading and saw Consigliere mentioned him. Also saw the nod to Parks as well. I'd forgotten about him. Would love to have both those guys. Seems like it might solve both 6 and 7.

If, and that's the operative term here, we get all listed above, keep what we have as verbals, and add Jo-El Scott, we just may have a top 25 class.

If, and that's the operative term here, we get all listed above, keep what we have as verbals, and add Jo-El Scott, we just may have a top 25 class.
I think I would agree, but that's also a small class to be top 25. I could see it being too 50 though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom