Class of 2018 - SF/PF Darius Bazley (OH) | Page 44 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SF/PF Darius Bazley (OH)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off the dribble to Nova's Jason Fraser, if memory serves. My jaw dropped.

Ha, i liked Jason Fraser(and most of the Nova recruits back then) quite a bit too. Wanted him in Orange. Good memory.

I remember people on the boards(Mason, I think) talking about him a lot even before he committed and well before he blew up. The McDonalds game was my first time watching him. I was beyond impressed the entire game, but that bounce pass was the play that made me think he was just playing on another level from everyone else out there.

It's not even fair to talk about Carmelo with new recruits, but...

I was excited about Donte Greene but I saw him play at Manley Field House and score like 5 points and do little else. Was fired up for Harris but we knew he was a little short for his game and not much of a shooter. I have no real reservations about Bazley right now. He's a little skinny maybe, if I had to nitpick something? I love what I've seen.

Awesome list overall, though...Matt Moyer hasn't even played yet, lol.

Agree on Bazley, I honestly haven't been as excited about an SU recruit since seeing Carmelo throw that court length one handed bounce pass in the McDonalds All American game.
I am hoping for Matt Moyer because he seems to love Syracuse as much as I do.

I am hoping for Matt Moyer because he seems to love Syracuse as much as I do.

I love his attitude, based on my impression of it. Sounds like a nice recruit. Excited to watch him play and develop.

Kueth Duany, Scoop Jardine...different game and position but that's the type of career I'm envisioning of him, and I'd be quite happy with that.

Awesome list overall, though...Matt Moyer hasn't even played yet, lol.

Agree on Bazley, I honestly haven't been as excited about an SU recruit since seeing Carmelo throw that court length one handed bounce pass in the McDonalds All American game.
Crazy but, Matt Moyer is one of my favorites already too!

LOL, that was a good one. Van Horn was an awesome college player who used to dunk on people all the time at that level, and a pretty good pro.

I like Marek quite a bit from the clips I've seen. A more athletic Keith Van Horn would basically be a top 3 Orangeman of all time though.
coincidentally, there is a kid on the slovenian A team who is tearing up eurobasket right now. luka doncic, 18 years old, certain lottery pick whenever he decides to come over. he's the guy everyone imagines dolezaj to be.

LOL, that was a good one. Van Horn was an awesome college player who used to dunk on people all the time at that level, and a pretty good pro.

I like Marek quite a bit from the clips I've seen. A more athletic Keith Van Horn would basically be a top 3 Orangeman of all time though.
Nah, Van Horn is the Bazley comp.

Off the dribble to Nova's Jason Fraser, if memory serves. My jaw dropped.

Ha, i liked Jason Fraser(and most of the Nova recruits back then) quite a bit too. Wanted him in Orange. Good memory.

I remember people on the boards(Mason, I think) talking about him a lot even before he committed and well before he blew up. The McDonalds game was my first time watching him. I was beyond impressed the entire game, but that bounce pass was the play that made me think he was just playing on another level from everyone else out there.

It's not even fair to talk about Carmelo with new recruits, but...

I was excited about Donte Greene but I saw him play at Manley Field House and score like 5 points and do little else. Was fired up for Harris but we knew he was a little short for his game and not much of a shooter. I have no real reservations about Bazley right now. He's a little skinny maybe, if I had to nitpick something? I love what I've seen.

I remember Fraser and those Nova recruits. Hard to believe that one service had him #1 overall and all of them had him Top 5. This is the guy who dunked on the wrong basket. From like Amityville I think as was AJ Price.

Last edited:
I remember Frasier and those Nova recruits. Hard to believe that one service had him #1 overall and all of them had him Top 5. This is the guy who dunked on the wrong basket. From like Amityville I think as was AJ Price.
And when I hear Amityville, I think Shelton Jones.

Last edited:
I remember Frasier and those Nova recruits. Hard to believe that one service had him #1 overall and all of them had him Top 5. This is the guy who dunked on the wrong basket. From like Amityville I think as was AJ Price.

I remember Jason as a kid - man child at the playground playing against much older guys. You just knew he was going to be special. The injuries were tough to watch. AJ basically lived around the corner from him in East Massapequa and both went to Amityville High School. Shelton Jones (SJU) and Rob Carpenter on the football side also went there.

Last edited:
There might be s mileage thing to be a commuter. Maybe more than 30 miles or so? I know a couple kids from Liverpool that have lived at home since day 1.
we were only 3 miles. Maybe we should have pushed more who knows

Just a hypothetical...

Anyone have any concerns that Bazely could change his mind if Carey doesn't commit to Syracuse?

Just a hypothetical...

Anyone have any concerns that Bazely could change his mind if Carey doesn't commit to Syracuse?
tenor.gif

It's a concern that's not that far off base. I'm sure a top 15 recruit wants to play with an elite PG. He decommited from Ohio St once. His stock continues to rise. He has not signed a NLOI (too early) Lots of teams tamper with recruiting. I think landing Carey is pivotal. I think in the end we get both, but to act like it's a done deal is premature... premature anything isn't good. ;)

Last edited:
He's a more athletic Keith Van Horn.

He doesn't have Van Horn's shooting ability yet. People tend to forget that Van Horn was a hell of a player on a team that played back-to-back NBA Finals, IIRC.

It's a concern that's not that far off base. I'm sure a top 15 recruit wants to play with an elite PG. He decommited from Ohio St once. His stock continues to rise. He has not signed a NLOI (too early) Lots of teams tamper with recruiting. I think landing Carey is pivotal. I think in the end we get both, but to act like it's a done deal is premature... premature anything isn't good. ;)
We haven't had an elite PG in years, yet he committed.

Good god this isn't football. The fact that he DE committed once already probably means it's highly unlikely it will happen again. When's the last time we even had that happen with a basketball recruit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom