Class of 2018 - SF/PF Darius Bazley (OH) | Page 48 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SF/PF Darius Bazley (OH)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Darius Bazley vs Emmitt Williams! Top 20 Recruits Go Head To Head In Vegas!
Darius Bazley vs Emmitt Williams! Top 20 Recruits Go Head To Head In Vegas!
Wow, I think I have seen most of those highlights of Bazley before, but when you see them in context with another top big man, it just shows how versatile he is. I really like Emmitt Williams. He can rebound, block shots and score at the rim. But DB can rebound and then bring the ball up court, take the three, or break his man down. He can pass and block shots. It would be easier to make a list of the things he can't do.

I was surprised watching that clip how fast he is and he never looks out of control. Very very excited about him and this '18 class in general. Carey, Baz and Buddy are going to light some cats up. Especially being surrounded by some of the good players on this years team. Gonna be fun to watch. I hope the ball is in bazley's hands a lot - I'm sure it will be.

I was told by a first-person source that he's 6'9" with a 6'11" wingspan. 6'6"? :rolling:
Yeah, I was surprised. But that's apparently what he was measured at this weekend, so...I don't know!

Wow, I think I have seen most of those highlights of Bazley before, but when you see them in context with another top big man, it just shows how versatile he is. I really like Emmitt Williams. He can rebound, block shots and score at the rim. But DB can rebound and then bring the ball up court, take the three, or break his man down. He can pass and block shots. It would be easier to make a list of the things he can't do.

He finished at least 3 times with his right and had at least 2 blocks. The man is a beast, and he is correct that no one is going to be able to guard him.

I was told by a first-person source that he's 6'9" with a 6'11" wingspan. 6'6"? :rolling:
judging from the clips i've seen, if he's 6-9, then his wingspan is over 7 feet. and i know its not smart to judge physical size from youtube clips.

I'm a huge Emmitt Williams fan too, he started he career at my former high school's rival so I've been watching him for years. He's just as good of a person as he is ball player too. He would look great in Orange running with Baz and Carey, alas that is but a pipedream.

judging from the clips i've seen, if he's 6-9, then his wingspan is over 7 feet. and i know its not smart to judge physical size from youtube clips.
He told me 6'9" with 6'11" wingspan. Maybe he's 6'8" with 6'10" wingspan but he's looks much taller than 6'6". And I know he's not playing barefoot but come on.

He has a rocket strapped to his back. Might as well rank him top 5 in the class now. It's amazing how quickly he's getting better and everyone is noticing it. It's hard not to.

Looking at his pics, his legs have gotten stronger. He just needs to add some upper body muscle and it'll be beyond frightening. Ohio State has to be devasted. Now let's please get pen to ink in November.

For sure. He's looking so good right now. That is my only concern right now, albeit very minor. Getting that upper body strong enough. He's no doubt skilled big time but still not Kevin Durant enough to be able to operate on the perimeter exclusively. A real elite and explosive traditional PF like Emmitt Williams is gave him some problems in the paint. But Bazely and Williams are going to school most people, regardless.

Last edited:

Wow, so I guess he's quite a bit shorter than he says is and is listed. Now I guess the 6'6" without shoes must not be a typo. I have to think we are thinking of him as a 3 with that height. That kind of changes my perspective a little. He really looks 6'9", especially when he's standing next to other bigs or playingagainsg them.

I wouldn't be worried about height. He may still be growing and we have other guys who can play the 4.

Yeah but my point is if he's not 6'9" it does change my perspective. Guys 6'9" who can handle it are much more of impressive than 6'6" guys. I might be making too much of it and like you said, maybe he will grow a little too.

He told me 6'9" with 6'11" wingspan. Maybe he's 6'8" with 6'10" wingspan but he's looks much taller than 6'6". And I know he's not playing barefoot but come on.
my point is that 6-9 with a 6-11 wingspan is not impressive; that's an average wingspan for that height. and that is average for everyone; an nba player's wingspan is typically 4 or 5 inches longer than his height. and bazley's wingspan seems to me to be quite a bit more than average (again with the proviso that judging from clips is problematic).
Yeah but my point is if he's not 6'9" it does change my perspective. Guys 6'9" who can handle it are much more of impressive than 6'6" guys. I might be making too much of it and like you said, maybe he will grow a little too.
not me: 6-6 with a 6-11 wingspan is outstanding, especially for a kid with his skillset; that kind of length on the wing is awesome.

Agree. He seems like he is 6'9, which I know sounds weird. He presents in video as long and lanky. Slight for sure, which I give him the benefit of the doubt for, because I thought he was near 7'. He is long and his handle is super impressive for a big. It's the rarity of a KD vs any SG in the NBA. A guy who can outsize bigs, but has guard skills. That said, kid is obviously still a great player. Just might not be as sure of a thing to make the league one and done, as we thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom