Class of 2018 - SG/SF Buddy Boeheim SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SG/SF Buddy Boeheim SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

He looks like someone whose talents would best be utilized playing for an ND or Michigan.

looks like a great high school player but in that video clearly plays way below the rim. Stands out big time. Doesn't look a Cuse prospect to me unless he's a lights out shooter.

Gotta remember Cooney played WELL above the rim and was a great shooter. Andy, even though he wasn't above the rim, didnt play well below the rim like Buddy seems to in this video. and you can recall that even with GMAC - hopkins mentioned the 1st time Boeheim saw him Gerry had a big 2 handed slam
Boeheim has always said there were 5 guys that got him excited as recruits...can you name them?

Boeheim has always said there were 5 guys that got him excited as recruits...can you name them?
My guess. Bouie (his first recruit), Pearl, Billy Owens, Melo, GMac.

Being able to 'recruit' helps. I think the private schools get to pretty much pick which class to play in, right?

No the other teams AD's vote.

The key to recruiting needs to change. Our first q should be whether a dude can play. Not does he have a certain physique.

hmmm...

pearl, bouie and wallace have to be on there. billy owens and DC the other 2? or Melo over DC? But i believe i remember JB saying it wasn't until Melo got to campus surprisingly 25-30 lbs heavier/stronger than anticipated that he got really excited.

That happens to successful private schools. Try being CBA playing AA football, with 450 kids in your HS playing in state playoffs vs. schools with 2,500+

I completely understand. I played at BL. While I admit private schools have a built-in advantage where kids can choose to transfer there, it also bothers me when BL gets accused to recruiting. I have no idea about CBA, but I know for a fact that isn't the case at BL.

Jamesville-DeWitt def. Christian Brothers Academy, 73-59 | box score

Buddy Boeheim nearly scored a triple-double with 25 points, 13 rebounds and seven assists as the Red Rams (14-3, 8-2) won the Freedom division contest. Ronald Lewis and Marcus Johnson also scored in double figures for J-D, who held a 40-23 lead at the half. Dan Damico led CBA (10-7, 7-3) with a 21 point effort.

Section III boys and girls basketball roundup for Saturday: J-D girls, boys sweep CBA
Pretty good day for the Boeheim family.

Any informed opinions on likelihood he gets an SU offer?

I've seen buddy play a number of times. He is a very good high school player. JD is not that strong overall and there is no comparison to the teams 10 years ago that were winning state titles. I personally don't think he has the athletic ability to play at high majors but I am rooting for the kid because I love his demeanor on the court...just always seems to be smiling and having fun with his teammates.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom