Class of 2018 - SG/SF Buddy Boeheim SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SG/SF Buddy Boeheim SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Buddy is better than his older brother. His shot is smooth, his footwork and release are boyhD1 level. His shooting and passing are his best attributes. Nothing he does on the court is going to wow you athletically. He is a good(not great) ball handler that knows how to use angles and you can tell he really knows the game. SAS picked him up full court and sent two guys at him. A couple times he drained jumpers over multiple defenders. Other times he found other guys for open 3's and layups. He reminds me of Andy Rautins at the same age except Buddy is much stronger with the ball. I am going to assume he's a two at the next level. He also spent most of the day guarding Torrance. I thought he did a solid job on him. A couple of plays he took off(understandable when you have the ball every possession). I wonder how much his lack of athletic ability will hold him back. No doubt he can be a D1 shot maker, but it'll be interesting to see how he does in AAU this summer. He's not as good as Kevin Huerter who I saw live a bunch as well.

So this is interesting. I didn't realize he was this good of a player. Jimmy got a D1 scholarship at Cornell, if Buddy is better, it puts him at least on the cusp of Syracuse material. I'm now starting to wonder about these rumors of JB wanting to coach longer. Could he envision coaching his son at Syracuse?

So this is interesting. I didn't realize he was this good of a player. Jimmy got a D1 scholarship at Cornell, if Buddy is better, it puts him at least on the cusp of Syracuse material. I'm now starting to wonder about these rumors of JB wanting to coach longer. Could he envision coaching his son at Syracuse?
I think he might retire so he doesn't have to coach Buddy at SU, or so Buddy doesn't feel he must go to SU.
If JB feels forced out, can probably eliminate Buddy altogether.

I think he might retire so he doesn't have to coach Buddy at SU, or so Buddy doesn't feel he must go to SU.
If JB feels forced out, can probably eliminate Buddy altogether.
I don't think we will feel the same way if we are snubbed by buddy the way we were by Green.

I totally agreed with everything other then this statement. Don't sell Mika short. His work ethic and intelligence are outstanding. Buddy is much bigger and stronger than I thought he would be.

Agreed on Mika...so smooth offensively. Needs to get stronger to play D. Torrance is very talented. Those two....Buddy, Charles Pride, and Zachery probably 5 of the best in section. Have not seen Bertram......

I don't think we will feel the same way if we are snubbed by buddy the way we were by Green.
Not sure where I compared the two. I will need to double check.

Buddy is better than his older brother. His shot is smooth, his footwork and release are boyhD1 level. His shooting and passing are his best attributes. Nothing he does on the court is going to wow you athletically. He is a good(not great) ball handler that knows how to use angles and you can tell he really knows the game. SAS picked him up full court and sent two guys at him. A couple times he drained jumpers over multiple defenders. Other times he found other guys for open 3's and layups. He reminds me of Andy Rautins at the same age except Buddy is much stronger with the ball. I am going to assume he's a two at the next level. He also spent most of the day guarding Torrance. I thought he did a solid job on him. A couple of plays he took off(understandable when you have the ball every possession). I wonder how much his lack of athletic ability will hold him back. No doubt he can be a D1 shot maker, but it'll be interesting to see how he does in AAU this summer. He's not as good as Kevin Huerter who I saw live a bunch as well.

Torrance is a player to watch going forward. He went over 1000 points in this game and has deep range. Hes good at going to the basket too, but he likes shooting 3's. I think Torrance has the ability to play good defense, but Buddy abused him a lot in this game. So did a few other JD players. I think Torrance has higher upside than Zachery or Woods. He's much better as a scorer than both. I really didn't like SAS game plan in this game. They basically dared the other guys to beat them outside of Boeheim and it was to easy for JD. A couple of his teammates were left wide open at the three point line and they made 10 of them. SAS had some success applying pressure, but they waited too long to go to it. After seeing both teams play I would have pressed them earlier because outside of Boeheim, JD had nobody else who is strong with the ball.
Huerter is a pretty high bar to set for a kid. What will BB grow into is my question? Is he better than Rautins? Triche?

Huerter is a pretty high bar to set for a kid. What will BB grow into is my question? Is he better than Rautins? Triche?

Huerter is a high bar and Triche is not? Triche's numbers are comparable to Huerters his freshman year. He just wasn't ranked as high because he was hurt and didn't play much AAU. I think he's very comparable to Rautins. They have the same strengths and weaknesses at the same age. Buddy is definately stronger though.

Doubtful.

But that doesn't mean that he can't be a contributor and possibly even a starter.

Doubtful.

But that doesn't mean that he can't be a contributor and possibly even a starter.
If he isn't at least as good as Triche or Rautins, he better not start.

If he isn't at least as good as Triche or Rautins, he better not start.
Hope you never called on Joseph or Howard to start, using that measuring stick.

Doubtful.

I think Andy had underrated athleticism and agility; he moved well and covered ground quickly...does Buddy compare at all?

I think Andy had underrated athleticism and agility; he moved well and covered ground quickly...does Buddy compare at all?

Yes. The form on his jumper and his passing ability. Athleticism I am unsure about, but a lot of people said the same thing about Andy at a similar age.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom