2019-20 Preview From JB | Syracusefan.com

2019-20 Preview From JB

Very interesting that Oshea is mentioned throughout the article in context of next year’s team, although not directly quoted by JB.

Perhaps that’s intentional to remind him that it will be his team and he’ll be the leader of the offense if he returns?

these articles are a waste - what did last year's say?
i sympathize with your sentiment. but i do recall JB was pretty tepid on OB during the summer. essentially said "i haven't seen him and don't know how he's progressing."

Last edited:
i sympathize with your sentiment. but i do recall JB was pretty tepid on OB at this time last year and during the summer. essentially said "i haven't seen him and don't know how he's progressing."

Hope the team stays together most of this upcoming summer. Last year with Oshae and Tyus heading across the country for individual workouts and Marek heading back overseas, coupled with Frank’s early injury , there couldn’t have been much team building heading into the season. This year hoping the Italian trip will pay off working on team goals and roles, not just individual ones.

It's going to be a young, inexperienced team. I don't know what to expect next season, but if they get three seasons of working together, Buddy's senior year could be a stunner.

Carey worked hard and never hung his head. Coach is going to give him every opportunity and I hope he also teaches him how to improve his ball handling and to see the open guy.

So glad about “The Italian Job!”
Hope the team stays together most of this upcoming summer. Last year with Oshae and Tyus heading across the country for individual workouts and Marek heading back overseas, coupled with Frank’s early injury , there couldn’t have been much team building heading into the season. This year hoping the Italian trip will pay off working on team goals not just individual ones.
This is key—having the team stay together most of the summer and building chemistry together and learning to play like a TEAM. Hopefully Marek will only go home for a few weeks for a family visit. And everyone else stays on campus for one or both summer sessions.

The Italy trip is huge for a young team. To have the experience of playing in games with each other prior to camp is a massive benefit.

Nice strategic move by JB to schedule it this offseason.

I’m hopeful for some solid results next year - Sidibe’s tendinitis is one thing that keeps me from being bullish. The first 10 games of his career I felt like we had a damn good player who would just get better and better. He was a demon on the offensive glass - he had some impressive low post moves. But, of course, we can’t have nice things.

The Italy trip is huge for a young team. To have the experience of playing in games with each other prior to camp is a massive benefit.

Nice strategic move by JB to schedule it this offseason.

I’m hopeful for some solid results next year - Sidibe’s tendinitis is one thing that keeps me from being bullish. The first 10 games of his career I felt like we had a damn good player who would just get better and better. He was a demon on the offensive glass - he had some impressive low post moves. But, of course, we can’t have nice things.
Man he looked light years ahead of chukwu at first. I feel for sid badly.

The whole season is predicated upon whether we have a pg that can run the offense or not. I'm really skeptical Carey is up to the task from a shooting, ball handling, and passing perspective.

He's a very good ball handler (most of the issues were being young and playing against college level defenders for the 1st time) and was the best passer on last years team outside of Marek. He needs to work on his shot and needs to learn how to lead. Plus, coach said in the article that he's at his best when they run and last years team couldn't play that way effectively.

FWIW, we are an 11 seed in the play-in game vs. Georgetown in ESPN's way too early bracketology. I am assuming that includes SYR with OB. They'll come out with another one in the fall after all the offseason player movement. I was pleasantly surprised to at least see us in this. They are predicting another bubble year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom