2019 Coaching Carousel | Syracusefan.com

2019 Coaching Carousel

1569790069186.png

I do feel bad for Ash. Good defensive coach that took probably the worst job to ever take as a first time head coach. I don't know what Rutgers expected.

I do feel bad for Ash. Good defensive coach that took probably the worst job to ever take as a first time head coach. I don't know what Rutgers expected.

Don't feel too bad, with his salary for 3.5 years and his buyout, he made about $12-15MM. He should be able to retire comfortably. He may even be able to get a position coach or DC job or a HC job at a DII or DIII school to supplement his retirement.

Don't feel too bad, with his salary for 3.5 years and his buyout, he made about $12-15MM. He should be able to retire comfortably. He may even be able to get a position coach or DC job or a HC job at a DII or DIII school to supplement his retirement.

Ash will be a volunteer defensive quality control assistant for Saban next year.

I don’t know I would a thought he was grobinsonslong-lost twin minus all the stupid speeches LOL. I know it’s Rutgers and they’re a joke, I hope they stay that way but they do have a lot of talent in New Jersey and that idiot just completely fouled it up and set them back years(YES!!!) which I’m Thrilled about. Go ahead Rutgers please hire another inept supposedly up-and-coming defensive/offensive coordinator because we all know that’s worked well for them in the past but they’re so damn cheap I mean I thought we were cheap LOL they take the cake by a mile.
And to think that it was even remotely in the news that Syracuse University was even considering hiring this guy!!! Lol I mean Could you imagine where we would be right now if that actually came true oh my goodness I don’t think we’d even have football here anymore but anyway Syracuse prosper! Rutgers lives comfortably in the basement of a place I can the big 10

Last edited:
it's one thing for Ash to lose to OSU/Michigan/PSU/MSU, but they have been getting destroyed, shut out, embarrassed. Being outscored 224-0 by those teams in his first year is truly one of the most pathetic displays I have ever seen. The guy is a complete doofus.. and I wish they gave him a lifetime contract

it's one thing for Ash to lose to OSU/Michigan/PSU/MSU, but they have been getting destroyed, shut out, embarrassed. Being outscored 224-0 by those teams in his first year is truly one of the most pathetic displays I have ever seen. The guy is a complete doofus.. and I wish they gave him a lifetime contract

That was sort of my point. If I were in his shoes and going for my first HC gig, I'm not going to the bottom feeder of the Big Ten and get throttled week in and week out and make a joke of of football team that much more laughable. I'd go the MAC or Sun Belt route and spend a few years there building my resume where there is at least some parity amongst the schools that would give me a chance to succeed. You don't go to a football hell like Rutgers for your first chance as a head coach and think "yep, I'm gonna be the second guy in decades to ever have a sniff of success here and I'll even do it on my first go around". So you are right, he is a doofus in that regard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom