• Reminder: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

There’s a link in the top navigation bar for Amazon.com. Purchases made via this link help support Syracusefan.com.

2019 Depth Chart (updated to include current commits)

RF2044

Living Legend
I was thinking that or a position change...Ive seen all I want to see of him at WR
I'd caution that we've seen three years in a row where senior WRs have exploded in terms of their level of production. The most recent, Custis, was someone who hadn't produced much throughout his career and has had a big impact as a senior.

It isn't out of the question that Butler could be the next one to step up. I like the other talent we have at WR [N. Johnson, Harris, etc.] better, but I wouldn't be so quick to write him off.

OttoMets

Living Legend
I'd caution that we've seen three years in a row where senior WRs have exploded in terms of their level of production. The most recent, Custis, was someone who hadn't produced much throughout his career and has had a big impact as a senior.

It isn't out of the question that Butler could be the next one to step up. I like the other talent we have at WR [N. Johnson, Harris, etc.] better, but I wouldn't be so quick to write him off.
It isn't out of the question.

But Ishmael was always strong. No surprise that he had a great year. Etta-Tawo, I don't know; he had a poor reputation but we never saw him play. Custis, to the extent that he's had a strong senior year, never had a lot of negatives associated with him - he was just a non-entity.

Butler, on the other hand, drops the ball consistently. Can he get better? Sure. After three years of drops, do I expect it? No chance. Hope things turn around, though.

PAcuse

All Conference
I think people need to relise a few things about how Dino's rooster are going to shape up
You will see 16-18 WR so don't expected many/any to transfer or move positon (Butler yes I could see transfer) we need a ton of depth
TE in this offense is going to be more of a blocking/extra OL and not a Provo style of player so expect 3 at most with some walk-ons sprinkled in
I do think we need to work on the DL depth and we seem great at LB where it was a weakness just a few weeks ago

Overall, to me it seems like we see a solid increase at the skill positions on offense (WR,RB, QB (passing increase)). I hope our OL can be as solid as this years or a little better somehow! Man our offense is setting up to be explosive.

Looking at the roster, I think the biggest issues are defensive tackle and offensive tackle. If we have guys ready to step up at both spots, wonderful. Part of it may be about whether Collin Byrne can reverse his disappearing act from this year. If not, we need grad transfers ASAP.

Every other spot I think our 2019 depth is just fine. The defensive backfield is loaded, running back and receiver are loaded, we have tons of bodies at linebacker waiting to step up, and we have two great young QBs in the mix. This is the first offseason I anticipate having a great team returning.

I’d expect our dt depth to be attractive to a grad transfer somewhere.

Also we may have some in house candidates.

Elmore
Packard
Maybe tre Allison grows into a dt ala ruff

blizz

Alright. I just burned my couch. Now what?
Looking at the roster, I think the biggest issues are defensive tackle and offensive tackle. If we have guys ready to step up at both spots, wonderful. Part of it may be about whether Collin Byrne can reverse his disappearing act from this year. If not, we need grad transfers ASAP.

Every other spot I think our 2019 depth is just fine. The defensive backfield is loaded, running back and receiver are loaded, we have tons of bodies at linebacker waiting to step up, and we have two great young QBs in the mix. This is the first offseason I anticipate having a great team returning.
I'm much more confident in the developmental depth on the oline in general than nearly anywhere else. We've done a good job recruiting that unit and I think bringing in Mike Cavanaugh was a great hire. M Clark and the Davis twins look ready to step in now. White and Froumy are both excellent developmental stock but are probably a few years away from being ready. And then theres Vet who I think surprised everyone. Bergeron and Red both look like absolute maulers to me. I think we're set up nicely here.

Dline. Next year is going to be awesome on the field but I dont see any scenario, short of hitting on 2-3 JUCOs or 2019's who turn out to be superstars, where we dont take a step back in 2020.

Culpepper should be listed on the depth chart as QB as well as TE.

Dino said he is on depth chart for QB as well this week..

That said, we do need another QB above the last option.

Surprised Culpepper is the last option and primarily moved to TE... Perhaps I was expecting more based on his recruiting hype..

All Conference
I think we will see more transfers into the program this cycle. I am pretty sure they will be holding a few spots in this class, or "creating" the openings with current players moving along.

RF2044

Living Legend
Updated to include current commits.

Some notes:
-We are noticeably deep at WR and thin at the Safety position. Wouldn't be surprised to see a WR try out the Safety position.
-Would think we add 1 more QB in this class
-Some people I envision transferring: Devin Butler, Markenzy Pierre, Rex Culpepper (maybe for his 5th year)
-The 2018 Senior class was really special. I look at the 2019 Senior class and no names really pop out at me. 2018 seniors will be missed.

Quarterbacks:
QB: Tommy Devito, R-So

Running Backs:
RB: Abdul Adams, R-Jr
RB: Moe Neal, Sr

Wide Receiver (woah, we are deep here. Could see someone transferring and/or changing to DB).
WR: Triston Jackson, R-Jr.
WR: Taj Harris, So
WR: Ed Hendrix, R. Fr.
WR: Nykeim Johnson, Jr.
WR: Devin Butler, Sr.
WR: Sean Riley, Sr.
WR: Sharod Johnson, R - So.
WR: Cooper Lutz, R. Fr.
WR: Courtney Jackson, Fr.
WR: Kevin Johnson Jr., R-Fr.

Tight End:
TE: Aaron Hacket, Jr.
TE: Gabe Horan, R-Fr.
TE: Chris Elmore, Jr.
TE: Rex Culpepper, R-Sr.
TE: Jesse Connors, R-Jr.

Offensive Line:
Evan Adams, R-Sr.
Carlos Vettorello, So.
Colin Byrne, R- Sr.
Airon Servais, R-Jr
Patrick Davis, Jr.
Will Froumy, R-Fr.
Andrejas Duerig, R-Sr.
Sam Heckel, R-Jr.
Qadir White, R-Fr.
Dakota Davis, R-So.
Mike Clark, R-Jr.
Matthew Bergeron, Fr.
Anthony Red, Fr.

Defensive End:
Kendall Coleman, Sr.
Alton Robinson, Sr.
Ishmael Goulbourne, Fr.
Zach Morton, R. So.

DT:
Josh Black, R-Jr.
Caleb Okechukwu, R-Fr.
McKinley Williams, Sr.
Kenneth Ruff, Sr.

Linebackers:
ROLB: Andrew Armstrong, Sr.
MLB: Shy Cullen, R-Sr.
LOLB: Juan Wallace, So.

Nadarius Fagan, R-So.
Lee Kpogpa, Fr.
Tre Allison, R-Fr
Kadeem Trotter, R-So.
Tyrell Richards, R-So.
Lake Williams, Sr
Geoff Cantin, Fr.

CB:
Chris Frederick, R-Sr.
Scoop Bradshaw - Sr.
Trill Williams-So.
Iffy Melifonwu, R-So.
Duwayne Johnson - R-Sr.
Devon Clarke - R-Jr.
Carl Jones - Sr.
Allen Stritzinger, Jr.
Garret Williams, Fr.
Adrian Cole, Fr.

S:
Evan Foster, Sr.
Andre Cisco, So.
Cam Jonas - R-Fr.

K:
Andre Szymt, R-So.

P:
Sterling Hofrichter, R-Sr.
One other thing that stands out -- our LB corps will be bigger / deeper next year, even if none of the incoming frosh see the field.

That positional unit is trending in the right direction, from a talent / speed / athleticism / size standpoint.

Rocco

Living Legend
They definitely need another QB just have not been able to hit on any of their top guys. Will be interesting to see if they can pull a late flip like they did with Amie
In good shape with Devito & Amie, but definitely need a QB each of next 2 cycles. Hard to get guys committing knowing Devito and Amie will be hard to unseat.

Remember that once upon a time ruff was a linebacker and slayton was a DE. I’m ok w someone growing into a d tackle and just accumulating mass. Like Richards.

blizz

Alright. I just burned my couch. Now what?
I thought Clark and Stritzinger were both safeties. Is that not right?
Clark yes. Stritz plays the nickel/star and its kind of a toss up what you consider the position. I think of them more as corners, especially in a man-heavy scheme.

Very talented roster. Three weaknesses that I see: OL, DT and LB. Everything other position has pretty talented depth.

OL- I think we could be ok actually. I think Servais and Veterello will be solid tackles. Heckel will be a good center. Adams is ok. And Davis can be a mauler at guard. Won’t be as good as this year upfront but will be ok. Not a disaster.

DT - Numbers are ok. Quality is question. Bear has been ok. Ruff has been better than expected. Black is small but ok. If he puts on weighthq, could be more of a contributor. Who knows what anyone else has. I like Okenchukwus potential. Who knows what we have in Harper. Could use a run stuffer. I think we need a grad transfer to be an ACC title contender. We get run over.

LB- Some combination of Shy, Armstrong, Wallace, and Richards play. Maybe a few other guys step up. Again it’s a big weakness. Need young guys to grow up. Also grad transfer need.

baggerbob

All Conference
Very talented roster. Three weaknesses that I see: OL, DT and LB. Everything other position has pretty talented depth.

OL- I think we could be ok actually. I think Servais and Veterello will be solid tackles. Heckel will be a good center. Adams is ok. And Davis can be a mauler at guard. Won’t be as good as this year upfront but will be ok. Not a disaster.

DT - Numbers are ok. Quality is question. Bear has been ok. Ruff has been better than expected. Black is small but ok. If he puts on weighthq, could be more of a contributor. Who knows what anyone else has. I like Okenchukwus potential. Who knows what we have in Harper. Could use a run stuffer. I think we need a grad transfer to be an ACC title contender. We get run over.

LB- Some combination of Shy, Armstrong, Wallace, and Richards play. Maybe a few other guys step up. Again it’s a big weakness. Need young guys to grow up. Also grad transfer need.
Elmore will eventually be a DT, he has a mean streak.

4evaOrange

Anna Kendricks boyfriend.
What about q white at tackle?
Did he get redshirted to max his time here. Iirc he was a highly rated recruit.

Top Bottom