2019 Depth Chart (updated to include current commits)

SmilinBob

Hall of Fame
Amazing how much youth we have.

I think you’ll see the 2020 class be composed of a lot of big fellas. You have to continually re-stock that pantry and Babers recruiting methods (position group #’s) and patterns are starting to develop.
Pantry, they're going to need a storage shed to feed all the guys coming in 2020.

Does anyone else think Trill Williams will make the move to Safety?

With his speed and size, he would be great deep help in the middle of the field.

And from what I recall this year he came up and played well against the run from the corner spot.

It's the spot on the filed where you need the best overall athlete on the field and I think he will be it for the next 2-3 years.

Finwad32

All American

With his speed and size, he would be great deep help in the middle of the field.

And from what I recall this year he came up and played well against the run from the corner spot.

It's the spot on the filed where you need the best overall athlete on the field and I think he will be it for the next 2-3 years.
I think he’s our best CB. But he could play almost anywhere on the field.

Sudano

2nd String

Who's telling Andre Cisco all ACC FS?

Sudano

2nd String
Would be shocked if Tyrell Richards isn’t a full time DE by spring.
Next year we have alot of depth at DE so we'll be fine. I envision T. Richards playing LB next yr at around 235 and playing minimal rush end like he did this year, then if we still need DE in 2020 then he adds 10 lbs and plays full time DE with the best of Kpogba, Jones, and Cantin playing significant roles at LB as RF.

Next year we have alot of depth at DE so we'll be fine. I envision T. Richards playing LB next yr at around 235 and playing minimal rush end like he did this year, then if we still need DE in 2020 then he adds 10 lbs and plays full time DE with the best of Kpogba, Jones, and Cantin playing significant roles at LB as RF.
Is that a guess or do u know something cause that would be awesome. Get the lb redshirting and learn everything and have shy richards Wallace and army kick in ars and takin names while coming downhill.

Sudano

2nd String
Is that a guess or do u know something cause that would be awesome. Get the lb redshirting and learn everything and have shy richards Wallace and army kick in ars and takin names while coming downhill.
I have a direct line to the coaching staff's future planning phone. Its really just deductive reasoning.

juse5

Bleeding Orange since '80
With the depth at WR and the fact Devin Butler is obviously in the dog house with the coaching staff I could see him transferring.
I see Butler staying at Syracuse and doing Track. His favorite sport.

juse5

Bleeding Orange since '80
He was playing Corner the last two games or at least in the BC game. Maybe he transitioned to D full-time.
Possibly, I just know track is his true passion so I wouldn't be surprised if he did that.

Sudano

2nd String
In the Tampa 2, you basically have two free safeties.
If we stick with that defense, I want the two biggest, fastest, strongest safeties we can get.
I don't know if you noticed but we didn't really play alot of traditional Tampa 2 defense this year.
With all the 3+ WR sets we'd play alot of nickel with 5 DBs 3 corners Cisco as a FS and have Foster at SS with 2 LB and have Foster often walk into the box to play the run or drop almost as a 3rd LB. Rarely did we play with a simple 2 deep zone and we don't need our best corner playing FS. We can have another top player play there. There is just no need to take Trill from a position he's great at and move him to another position. Sounds like busy work. We are developing some serious talented depth at DB recently.

SWC75

Bored Historian
I was thinking that or a position change...Ive seen all I want to see of him at WR
As i recall he was a HS quarterback. Could he be 4th string?

From the SU website: Syracuse University

"High School: Played quarterback and defensive back for head coach J.C. Pinkney … Rated three stars by ESPN, At their request, this network is being blocked from this site. and 247Sports.com … No. 61 athlete in the Class of 2016 according to ESPN, and rated the 64th-best athlete in the class by 247Sports.com … Fifth-best safety prospect in the state of Maryland, according to At their request, this network is being blocked from this site. … PrepStar All-Atlantic Region selection … Earned 2015 Washington Post All-Met honors at defensive back … Racked up 5,549 career yards of total offense (3,226 passing, 2,323 rushing) and accounted for 74 touchdowns … As a junior, threw for 884 yards with 14 touchdown passes, and rushed for 947 yards and nine scores, to lead the Eagles to their first Maryland 2A state title … Passed for 591 yards and seven touchdowns, and rushed for 702 yards and 16 TDs as a senior … Also a sprinter for the Douglass track team."

Crusty

Living Legend
Updated to include current commits.

Some notes:
-We are noticeably deep at WR and thin at the Safety position. Wouldn't be surprised to see a WR try out the Safety position.
-Would think we add 1 more QB in this class
-Some people I envision transferring: Devin Butler, Markenzy Pierre, Rex Culpepper (maybe for his 5th year)
-The 2018 Senior class was really special. I look at the 2019 Senior class and no names really pop out at me. 2018 seniors will be missed.

Quarterbacks:
QB: Tommy Devito, R-So

Running Backs:
RB: Abdul Adams, R-Jr
RB: Moe Neal, Sr

Wide Receiver (woah, we are deep here. Could see someone transferring and/or changing to DB).
WR: Triston Jackson, R-Jr.
WR: Taj Harris, So
WR: Ed Hendrix, R. Fr.
WR: Nykeim Johnson, Jr.
WR: Devin Butler, Sr.
WR: Sean Riley, Sr.
WR: Sharod Johnson, R - So.
WR: Cooper Lutz, R. Fr.
WR: Courtney Jackson, Fr.
WR: Kevin Johnson Jr., R-Fr.

Tight End:
TE: Aaron Hacket, Jr.
TE: Gabe Horan, R-Fr.
TE: Chris Elmore, Jr.
TE: Rex Culpepper, R-Sr.
TE: Jesse Connors, R-Jr.

Offensive Line:
Evan Adams, R-Sr.
Carlos Vettorello, So.
Colin Byrne, R- Sr.
Airon Servais, R-Jr
Patrick Davis, Jr.
Will Froumy, R-Fr.
Andrejas Duerig, R-Sr.
Sam Heckel, R-Jr.
Qadir White, R-Fr.
Dakota Davis, R-So.
Mike Clark, R-Jr.
Matthew Bergeron, Fr.
Anthony Red, Fr.

Defensive End:
Kendall Coleman, Sr.
Alton Robinson, Sr.
Ishmael Goulbourne, Fr.
Zach Morton, R. So.

DT:
Josh Black, R-Jr.
Caleb Okechukwu, R-Fr.
McKinley Williams, Sr.
Kenneth Ruff, Sr.

Linebackers:
ROLB: Andrew Armstrong, Sr.
MLB: Shy Cullen, R-Sr.
LOLB: Juan Wallace, So.

Nadarius Fagan, R-So.
Lee Kpogpa, Fr.
Tre Allison, R-Fr
Kadeem Trotter, R-So.
Tyrell Richards, R-So.
Lake Williams, Sr
Geoff Cantin, Fr.
Mikel Jones, Fr.

CB:
Chris Frederick, R-Sr.
Scoop Bradshaw - Sr.
Trill Williams-So.
Iffy Melifonwu, R-So.
Duwayne Johnson - R-Sr.
Devon Clarke - R-Jr.
Carl Jones - Sr.
Allen Stritzinger, Jr.
Garret Williams, Fr.
Adrian Cole, Fr.
Aman Greenwood, Fr.

S:
Evan Foster, Sr.
Andre Cisco, So.
Cam Jonas - R-Fr.
Cornelius Nunn, Fr,

K:
Andre Szymt, R-So.

P:
Sterling Hofrichter, R-Sr.
Dino typically carries a dozen or more receivers. Probably noboby is moving to safety or CB.

Crusty

Living Legend
I really believe Tommy Devito will make us forget about all SU quarterbacks except a very few.
He has a special arm and will be playing in the perfect offense for his skills and with the most talented lineup in years. Yup, position by position in depth, this team is going to be the most complete roster in ages.
Special teams and defense will give the offense real advantages.

I am going to enjoy 2019, but 2021 - as Keith Jackson would say, "whoa Nellie!"
Its good to be Orange!

RF2044

Living Legend
I really believe Tommy Devito will make us forget about all SU quarterbacks except a very few.
He has a special arm and will be playing in the perfect offense for his skills and with the most talented lineup in years. Yup, position by position in depth, this team is going to be the most complete roster in ages.
Special teams and defense will give the offense real advantages.

I am going to enjoy 2019, but 2021 - as Keith Jackson would say, "whoa Nellie!"
Its good to be Orange!
I hope so -- we need DeVito [or Amie] to continue the superlative QB play that Dungey has provided, and perhaps take things to the next level with an optimized passing game.

May the best player win -- doesn't matter to me which one seizes the role.

Really, this season worked out best case scenario for Devito. He wasn't thrown to the wolves too early like several past quarterbacks were. Kid got to redshirt, then saw spot duty this year -- and played quite a bit against elite caliber athletes from FSU and Notre Dame. Played in some pressure situations [FSU and UNC] and came through.

Success to build on heading into the offseason. And he'll come back a year bigger / stronger, with game experience under his belt, and with another year's worth of understanding the offseason. Couldn't have worked out better.

OttoinGrotto

Professor Irwin Corey
I hope so -- we need DeVito [or Amie] to continue the superlative QB play that Dungey has provided, and perhaps take things to the next level with an optimized passing game.

May the best player win -- doesn't matter to me which one seizes the role.

Really, this season worked out best case scenario for Devito. He wasn't thrown to the wolves too early like several past quarterbacks were. Kid got to redshirt, then saw spot duty this year -- and played quite a bit against elite caliber athletes from FSU and Notre Dame. Played in some pressure situations [FSU and UNC] and came through.

Success to build on heading into the offseason. And he'll come back a year bigger / stronger, with game experience under his belt, and with another year's worth of understanding the offseason. Couldn't have worked out better.
Yeah, DeVito's a pretty known quantity as a backup. To the point where I don't worry about QB next season at all.

SoBristol

All Conference
Yeah, DeVito's a pretty known quantity as aQB backup. To the point where I don't worry about QB next season at all.
True, he has had some success, in pressure situations. The worry is first that Dungey was our clear MVP, with leadership qualities and the ability to move the chains or get TDs with his feet. And second, QB isn't just any position -- it is the most important role on the team. Third -- we were blessed comparatively in 2018 (as in 2012) by having our starting QB finish the season (missing only the 2H against FSU and the game against ND). Lots of teams were not that fortunate, and we weren't in 4 of the past 5 seasons.
I don't worry about any of the other units, except replacing Guthrie at MLB, getting the 5 best OL in the right roles, and TE. Think QB (and QB depth) is the big issue.

Top Bottom