2019 Face Off Yearbook: Top Midfield Units | Syracusefan.com

2019 Face Off Yearbook: Top Midfield Units

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt

4. Syracuse
  • Jamie Trimboli
  • Tucker Dordevic
  • Brendan Curry
Syracuse’s midfield is young, but brimming with talent. Junior Jamie Trimboli (23G, 10A) is the veteran, a capable shooter from range. Sophomore Tucker Dordevic (19G, 5A) introduced the lacrosse world to his lethal rollback last year, a move that set up a game-winning score against rival Virginia. The Oregon native could be primed for a big year offensively. Sophomore Brendan Curry (10G, 7A) rounds out the bunch, a playmaker noted for his exceptional speed who also showed flashes of brilliance during his freshman season.

LOL I was literally just going to post this. 4th seems reasonable as I wouldn't put SU ahead of either Yale or UVA. I think three would make more sense but UNC definitely has a talented 1st line as well. I think SU likely has the most depth in Div 1 when you look over the potential to run 3+ lines. Just sick depth.

Need a healthy 1st line for the team to make a deep run. If Dordevic isn't fully healthy or doesn't return from his fall injury, then the first line takes a big hit.

I heard rumblings over winter break that they might have Solomon come out of the box and have Cook on the field.

An interesting couple of weeks ahead

Need a healthy 1st line for the team to make a deep run. If Dordevic isn't fully healthy or doesn't return from his fall injury, then the first line takes a big hit.

I heard rumblings over winter break that they might have Solomon come out of the box and have Cook on the field.

An interesting couple of weeks ahead

Is the Solomon angle if Dordevic is missing sometime and they want to mix things up a bit? I could totally see that as a change of pace thing but it might be difficult to do assuming the starting midfield is there. Cook this past year came out of the box oat JD to influence matchups as he was getting doubled a lot. Will be interest to read/see about the 1st scrimmage to see who is where and what Dordevics status is. I am on record that I feel Cook is to good to sit so I think he may force Desko's hand to start at attack despite what I think might be the preference to roll with Voigt at least initially.

Also curious to see what the second mid line looks like. Can any of the Frosh push for PT, is Magnan in the mix? Does Quinn breakthrough this year, does Buttermore take that next step after some impressive garbage time outings, is there a dark horse candidate like Lauder or Nelson who can push for time? Definitely a couple of interesting weeks ahead.

Lipka anyone? May be lead mid on second line but he's first line on most teams. Affords time for Dordevic to get fully healthy. Expecting Quinn to show the goods this year.

Fourth is fair. Dordevic’s injury and his recovery from it is a huge question mark. If this were a ranking of top 6 or top 9 mids, then Cuse would be no lower than second. Agree that Lipka would be first line on a lot of teams. He looked more than comfortable on the first line at the Binghamton scrimmages.

I like idea of running Solomon out of the box. Worked pretty well with Mariano. Potentially puts a short stick on him and let’s him use his athleticism to create from up top. Also keeps the second line intact, and it makes room for Seebold/Cook to get meaningful minutes.

Solomon fan but do not understand the thought of shifting him. He's first and foremost an attackman operating close to cage. Seenbold be better attacking from up top. As far as Lipka, he may have the most varied arsenal of any mid, he's aggressive and get into gaps. A move to first line would be seamless without dropoff but he'd be missed anchoring second line. Our four musketeers , Trim, Curry, Lip and Dord ,are interchangeable and the beauty of that foursome is that any one of them has the ability to star in any game.

Excited about the midfield, including the second line - what strikes me is, besides Carlin/McKinney, the three guys pushing for the most time are only sophomores. That is great, but puts a lot of pressure on the freshmen, and the coaches to get everyone playing time/touches. Hypothetically, NO spots on either top two midfields open up next year.

I was a big fan of Quinn coming out of high school and think he has a tremendous shot. Would like to see either he or Lipka (or both?) on man up this year. Looked a little out of his depth last year and didn't make the most of extended playing time against Rutgers.

Saw limited time of Buttermore but he looked great against Colgate. Only one game but he certainly raised eyebrows. Was it just a flash in the pan?

Lipka looked like an upperclassman last year. Would like for him to work on passing but showed to be a good shooter and decent dodger.

Carlin is a strong dodger, though I wish he would look for teammates more. Has a knack for putting his head down and going straight towards goal.

Freshmen (as well as McKinney) could rotate in as a third line, but again that takes playing time away from first two lines. Curious to see if coaches think Magnan is ready for real playing time. Others strike me as being a year away.

Lastly, Dordevic only had 15 goals last year, not 19.

Fourth is fair. Dordevic’s injury and his recovery from it is a huge question mark. If this were a ranking of top 6 or top 9 mids, then Cuse would be no lower than second. Agree that Lipka would be first line on a lot of teams. He looked more than comfortable on the first line at the Binghamton scrimmages.

I like idea of running Solomon out of the box. Worked pretty well with Mariano. Potentially puts a short stick on him and let’s him use his athleticism to create from up top. Also keeps the second line intact, and it makes room for Seebold/Cook to get meaningful minutes.
amen

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom