2019 Fall Ball ... | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

2019 Fall Ball ...

Ted Hust has done a nice job building the Laxfactor brand .Content of vids and podcasts keeps expanding and his unfiltered delivery is refreshing. Similar to listening to a well informed fan at a bar.
His prediction of 10-2 may be a bit too optimistic given our schedule but agree with his overall assessment.

Happy Holidays to all.

9. Virginia 15 Syracuse 14
Some Cavalier players said after the NCAA championship game that this was the one that started it all. Mikey Herring scored the game-winner on a botched Syracuse defensive assignment, winning a game the Orange led by four goals with 10 minutes left. Comebacks like that would define Virginia’s championship run.

Fernandez has unfortunately been talked about from someone on here as not being able to redshirt for whatever reason. Major disappointment and I hope that gets appealed or resolved somehow (or is somehow fake news). After all it should be within the requirements for a red shirt season.
Per the NCAA, to qualify for a medical redshirt, a player must have competed in no more than 30% of the regular season or four games, whichever is greater.

In 2018, Fernandez played in 4/13 regular season games. That’s 30.77%.

Have heard that Ulmer and I believe Wood are now at D2 Tampa. I also heard that the decision to leave the program wasn't made voluntarily if you catch my drift.
Maybe the directory will update with these 2 and Lauder next week when students return.

Maybe the directory will update with these 2 and Lauder next week when students return.
Doubt it-- on social media it says that Ulmer is at Tampa and that Jack is in Florida so I believe what Jeremy said is what it is. Have to suspect that Swensen was the same situation although I dont think he is at any university or on another team right now. I also suspected Lauder wasn't on the team the other day when on media day I noticed the number change which I thought was a little weird.. dont think they would have Talago taking pics in Lauder's jersey if he was just going to come back and take it. Anyway, good luck to them!!

Doubt it-- on social media it says that Ulmer is at Tampa and that Jack is in Florida so I believe what Jeremy said is what it is. Have to suspect that Swensen was the same situation although I dont think he is at any university or on another team right now. I also suspected Lauder wasn't on the team the other day when on media day I noticed the number change which I thought was a little weird.. dont think they would have Talago taking pics in Lauder's jersey if he was just going to come back and take it. Anyway, good luck to them!!

I believe he meant that the student directory would be updated to show they are no longer enrolled in the university.

I believe he meant that the student directory would be updated to show they are no longer enrolled in the university.

Hey Jeremy...a few days ago i posted a question to you in a different sections regarding James Cathers never getting to campus. I know Desko did everything he could to get him but do you know the reason why he never made it? Any insights you can provide?

I was a huge fan of his and couldn't agree more that he would've been a star at Cuse.

Thanks

Oop-- ill show myself out now haha

200.gif

Hey Jeremy...a few days ago i posted a question to you in a different sections regarding James Cathers never getting to campus. I know Desko did everything he could to get him but do you know the reason why he never made it? Any insights you can provide?

I was a huge fan of his and couldn't agree more that he would've been a star at Cuse.

Thanks

Hey RH, yes were definitely in agreement on Cathers, what a wasted opportunity by him. From what I remember there was a huge effort to get him academically qualified by all parties and Desko moved heaven and earth to help him out. As far as I can recall he actually was eligible after spending a year at prep school after Corcoran but it was an uphill climb to keep him on track and he was slow to take advantage of all of the help. Then after finally getting eligible he essentially went MIA and no-showed SU when the school was anticipating him showing up. Desko and HS coach then were stuck trying to track him down. By the time he finally got everything together it was to late as Desko had had enough. I also heard this was the catalyst for SU backing off the Thompsons because of all of the effort Desko and the staff put into their brothers and the Cathers situation with only Jeremy ultimately making it here.

Hey RH, yes were definitely in agreement on Cathers, what a wasted opportunity by him. From what I remember there was a huge effort to get him academically qualified by all parties and Desko moved heaven and earth to help him out. As far as I can recall he actually was eligible after spending a year at prep school after Corcoran but it was an uphill climb to keep him on track and he was slow to take advantage of all of the help. Then after finally getting eligible he essentially went MIA and no-showed SU when the school was anticipating him showing up. Desko and HS coach then were stuck trying to track him down. By the time he finally got everything together it was to late as Desko had had enough. I also heard this was the catalyst for SU backing off the Thompsons because of all of the effort Desko and the staff put into their brothers and the Cathers situation with only Jeremy ultimately making it here.

thanks for that super helpful. He would've been a BEAST of a player for us man. I had read it was mostly academic and Desko and Co. bent over backwards to get him. Also heard, to your point, he was ready to come and then just no showed.

Dang what a waste of talent...hurts even more that we gave up on the Thompsons to focus on Cathers.

Thanks Jeremy!

yes, that's what i meant but i was wrong!. They're still in there.

I'm still confused as to how these guys just decided to drop down to D-2 after being on campus for a few months.

Any news on Levandowski? Is he going to sit out the year? Imagine preseason practice has started for everyone but the Ivys.

yes, that's what i meant but i was wrong!. They're still in there.

I'm still confused as to how these guys just decided to drop down to D-2 after being on campus for a few months.

SU is always extremely slow to try update this, never go by them. As for how they ended up at a D2 school after only a few months, that goes back to my prior post in that them leaving the program wasn't voluntary and they needed a place to go ASAP.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom