2019 Fall Ball ... | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

2019 Fall Ball ...

Thanks Xtreme! I know it’s hard to tell, but did any defensemen stand out to you (other than Mellen)? Seems like those two spots on close will be the biggest source of competition.

Thanks Xtreme! I know it’s hard to tell, but did any defensemen stand out to you (other than Mellen)? Seems like those two spots on close will be the biggest source of competition.

Murphy looked good. Today was more of an "offensive" exhibition.

Interesting to see Barlow listed at LSM. He's in sweats anyway now so I wonder how things could change come Spring.

Interesting to see Barlow listed at LSM. He's in sweats anyway now so I wonder how things could change come Spring.

He played lsm in high school almost exclusively thr last few years after playing attack initially. It's his natural position so to speak

So, i never played the game, and really only began following it a year ago when my boys started playing. In other words, my knowledge of the sport is fairly superficial. Having said that, I was a recruited D-1 athlete in another sport, so i can generally evaluate "talent." I've only been one other D-1 lacrosse game (Hartford at UAlbany) and the only other college game i've seen parts of was Mary Washington at York College (an RIT-type D3 program). This gives you some insight into my frame of reference. Obviously i dont know x's and o's, and i couldnt tell you about the defense.

Here are my basic observations:
  • Desko is definitely a CEO-type, at least he was today. But he was very watchful, and when he made a point, he had the player(s) undivided attention. More Boeheim than Babers;
  • Donahue was there and seemed to be mostly focused on face offs;
  • The coaches, even March, seem to have that dickish, sardonic style. Very even keeled. I'm fine with that, and the players seem to be as well;
  • Djordevic and Curry are the team's superior athletes, at least in terms of pure explosiveness;
  • Rehfuss, Scanlan, Trimboli, Berkman, and Seebold are all very smooth;
  • Cook was feisty - played well;
  • The SSDMs all look the part;
    • Really, the team is littered with big athletic looking mids;
  • We were about three rows up behind the Orange team. Seemed like a good group of kids. Were appropriately supportive of one another, and heard nary a curse word;
    • They really delighted in the play with Rosa on Dieball;
  • Didnt really notice a Tewaarton-type player (in the vein of a Powell, Fields, Thompson, or Spencer), but what appears to be the first attack unit and first mid unit consist of all very good players who should mesh well together; and
  • I think when you only play three timed periods, you should just refer to it as "thirds,' since "quarters" is not applicable. ;)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom