2019 Fall Ball ... | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

2019 Fall Ball ...

College Crosse released their preseason All American list and Syracuse is tied with Maryland for the most nominations with five -

1st Team - Chase Scanaln (listed as a midfielder)
Second Team - Nick Mellen, Drake Porter
Thrid Team - Brednan Curry, Peter Dearth

College Crosse released their preseason All American list and Syracuse is tied with Maryland for the most nominations with five -

1st Team - Chase Scanaln (listed as a midfielder)
Second Team - Nick Mellen, Drake Porter
Thrid Team - Brednan Curry, Peter Dearth

I love Scanlan's game and I think he will be a huge asset for us... but putting him over Costabile and Aitken is kinda ridiculous. The true 1st team all American that is on our team is Nick Mellen. And yes Kennedy probably deserves to be on there, but it is tough with only three spots for LSM. Trimboli also worthy of a spot. Glad to see some respect for Porter and Dearth who are indeed elite guys. Crazy how crowded the attack AAs are. There are about half a dozen guys who also deserve AA honors that are not on there (Kraus, Moore, Teat, Nichtern, Brandau, Carraway at GTown).

More worthy to dissect and debate selections at year end when subjectivity isn't so subjective but talent certainly runs deep and there will always be disagreements. No offense but Id personally take each of the second team attackman over Gray until he proves himself in ACC. No Moore? Cmon, Seriously ???? Attackman such as Lindley,Charmalides and others missing in addition to those mentioned in previous post.. Cuse well represented but some very good teams are not and Cuse dont need opponents to be riled. Duke is certainly not bereft of talent yet just one selection ? Montgomery is one of the toughest covers to prepared for and becomes a distributor yet he gets overlooked. Meanwhile mids Aiken and Constabile certainly have reason to take exception. Talent is more than just stats, gotta look at full context - overall abilities, teammates, system. Okeefe's laser and marksmanship would still beast with almost anyone.. Lindley was very productive with superman Spencer. Chase is great addition but doubt he'd be the mid being poled if he played that position here. Kennedy is elite lsm who brings the total package to field, takes a back seat to no one when you watch games where all participate. Cuse probably hit limit. Curry recognition warranted as he demands attention and influences defenses and passes of his breakdowns and slides. If he gets his shooting % up , he'll be a force.. Dearth impacts on both ends. Dont know much about Pugliese but Terfenko is certainly good .Could ramble on but this is preliminary and bigger pic is team success

Lacrosse Bucket lists Syracuse among five other teams that could challenger for a title. The others are PSU, UVA, Yale and Maryland. The analysis doesn't mention losing two starting defensemen, and Dearth is not a canidate for the second midfield, but nice to be included in this list.

2020 Roster Updated -

No Lars Swenson, but I think everyone else is accounted for (Wood, Levandowski and Ulmer gone, but we knew that).

Harrison Thompson takes Jack Wood's #1
Basil Aburn takes JJ Levandowski's #7

Not sure how the eligibility works, but Dordevic listed as a junior (should be rs-soph), Staats listed as Senior (should be rs-Junior) and Fernandez is listed as Junior (should be rs-soph). Maybe since it is injury related they are waiting to update? Fernandez is iffy but the other two definitely sat out a full season last year.

Lastly, each player profile has a link to that player's instagram and twitter account. I don't remember them ever doing something like that.

Last edited:
2020 Roster Updated -

No Lars Swenson, but I think everyone else is accounted for (Wood, Levandowski and Ulmer gone, but we knew that).

Not sure how the eligibility works, but Dordevic listed as a junior (should be rs-soph), Staats listed as Senior (should be rs-Junior) and Fernandez is listed as Junior (should be rs-soph). Maybe since it is injury related they are waiting to update? Fernandez is iffy but the other two definitely sat out a full season last year.

Lastly, each player profile has a link to that player's instagram and twitter account. I don't remember them ever doing something like that.

Dordevic almost definitely a mistake since they even refer to his 2019 year as a "redshirt season."

Staats same thing. Refer to 2019 as "redshirt season" so probably a mistake.

Fernandez has unfortunately been talked about from someone on here as not being able to redshirt for whatever reason. Major disappointment and I hope that gets appealed or resolved somehow (or is somehow fake news). After all it should be within the requirements for a red shirt season

No Lars Swensen... damn.

2020 Roster Updated -

A little surprised Swenson is gone, thought he could be a dark horse guy. We certainly have some attack guys coming in the next few classes but still a bit discouraging to see three offensive players (two attackmen) leave before the season starts. Dordevic is definitely a R-Soph and Staats absolutely red-shirted last year as well. Per another poster, Fernandez did not get a med RS which was disappointing to say the least.

I should have also pointed out that Dami is listed as a junior, so I guess he lost eligibility last year? Always confused about how it works with a suspension. I guess it depends on what you were suspended for (Tinney lost a year of eligibility). With injuries, players may have to apply for a fifth year when their eligibility is up, so maybe they won't be listed as a "redshirt", until they are in that actual fifth year.

Swenson leaves a hole since he is a lefty. I did not really ever consider him seeing the field for the Orange, but now the team only has Rhefuss and Seebold as lefty attackmen.

Unlikely but Swenson could possibly return. Staats should be rs jr. Believe Dami should be rs soph, Dordevic certainly is. McPeak should be listed as rs soph while Katchurian and JKennedy should be rs fresh
Roster changes be completed once pics taken.

Dordevic almost definitely a mistake since they even refer to his 2019 year as a "redshirt season."

Staats same thing. Refer to 2019 as "redshirt season" so probably a mistake.

Fernandez has unfortunately been talked about from someone on here as not being able to redshirt for whatever reason. Major disappointment and I hope that gets appealed or resolved somehow (or is somehow fake news). After all it should be within the requirements for a red shirt season

No Lars Swensen... damn.

I think SU is purposely just going with academic year as I feel like we had this discussion a few years ago. Kennedy's brother is another example, noted as a Sophmore but says right in his bio: Redshirt Year (2019): Missed the entire season due to injury.

Berkman is correctly listed as a rs frosh answering that open question . Roster size 55 vs 52 last year . Position assigned is fluid but note Scanlan listed as attackman, Aviles as midfielder, Helmer and Murphy as defense and Kennedy as lsm/defense.

Regarding Ulmer, Laxsummit indicated he had left when we found out about Levandowski, a month or so ago. See below.

Four now. Derby, Wood, Ulmer and now L

Actually four.

Derby, Wood, Ulmer and now Levandowski. First three would never have seen the field here so those departures inconsequential to future but the latter had talent and likely would have played some in 21' season before playing large role beyond.

A few other maybes

Perhaps some subtle poaching by other(s) by doings that are now somewhat acceptable.

Originally a OSU commit so maybe some fickleness that could lead to ra econsideration but in any event better to know now than later for all.

Joel White and John Galloway make College Crosse’s All Decade First Team - John Lade (2nd) and Brandon Mullins (3rd) also recognized.

Joel White and John Galloway make College Crosse’s All Decade First Team - John Lade (2nd) and Brandon Mullins (3rd) also recognized.

I never thought you'd see a list like this not have a single player on offense from Syracuse on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom