2019 Fall Camp: Practice Day #10, Tuesday 8/13/19 | Syracusefan.com

2019 Fall Camp: Practice Day #10, Tuesday 8/13/19

CuseLegacy

Tuesday, August 13, 2019
9:00am-11:55am Practice Day #10 First ten minutes of practice open to media
12:00pm Interviews: Coach Babers

Last edited:
Duerig out with an injury; with Heckel back @ C, seems like he is buried on the depth chart. Always thought he would be an ideal candidate to switch to DL. Good weight, not too tall, and has a mean streak... Is it that different a position to play DT rather than OT?

Duerig out with an injury; with Heckel back @ C, seems like he is buried on the depth chart. Always thought he would be an ideal candidate to switch to DL. Good weight, not too tall, and has a mean streak... Is it that different a position to play DT rather than OT?

I ALWAYS THOUGHT THIS. He should have been switched when he came in. Dude is one of the strongest kids on the team and is never going to get ANY meaningful snaps at OL. Why not switch him? I mean, now its a little late in the game, to revamp him but I mean, what would it hurt? Not gonna miss him on the OL.

I ALWAYS THOUGHT THIS. He should have been switched when he came in. Dude is one of the strongest kids on the team and is never going to get ANY meaningful snaps at OL. Why not switch him? I mean, now its a little late in the game, to revamp him but I mean, what would it hurt? Not gonna miss him on the OL.
It’s just funny to see everyone freak out about OL depth with injuries and then try and move everyone “buried” out to another position

Is Bailey right? Article says Adams working at L guard, but the video clip clearly shows Adams @ R guard, Alexander @ R tackle, Servais @ C, D. Davis @ L guard, and Vettorello @ L tackle working as 1st team. Is he plain mixed up???

It’s just funny to see everyone freak out about OL depth with injuries and then try and move everyone “buried” out to another position

I'm not freaked out about depth at OL and even if I was, I still wouldn't miss him at OL.

I think you should always assume that the staff has thought through and discussed how to best leverage any individual player's talent. It's an ongoing process. The fact that Duerig is still on OL speaks volumes.

I think you should always assume that the staff has thought through and discussed how to best leverage any individual player's talent. It's an ongoing process. The fact that Duerig is still on OL speaks volumes.
Yes true, but Bear is down, Black has never played a full season since he's been here; at this point, we may need just warm bodies with a pulse for DT...

Yes true, but Bear is down, Black has never played a full season since he's been here; at this point, we may need just warm bodies with a pulse for DT...

I hear you. I'm not saying it is or is not a good idea. My only point is that the staff talks internally about this kind of stuff all the time.

Is Bailey right? Article says Adams working at L guard, but the video clip clearly shows Adams @ R guard, Alexander @ R tackle, Servais @ C, D. Davis @ L guard, and Vettorello @ L tackle working as 1st team. Is he plain mixed up???
No. You're wrong. The drills are moving towards the media.

And they cross train. Most guards are tackles, and vice versa. Your C might be the G or T, left or right, etc... although, I agree it would be nice to have them line up where they were going to play, today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom