2019 High School Lacrosse | Syracusefan.com

2019 High School Lacrosse

PhatOrange

Living Legend
So the post-Messere era kicked off last night. West Genesee beat Saratoga Springs 7-4. Not sure if the Genny O is rolling out young kids or not but I would have expected a wider margin. Noted Staudt had 12 saves.

So the post-Messere era kicked off last night. West Genesee beat Saratoga Springs 7-4. Not sure if the Genny O is rolling out young kids or not but I would have expected a wider margin. Noted Staudt had 12 saves.

Spoke to someone who knows the local HS scene very well. Said its going to be a very tough year for WG. Just don't have the offensive skill players and their FOGO is not good. He expected Rosa to have to take some draws at some point. Thought the offense would eventually open up toward the end of the year but thought they were at least a year or two away as they lost a ton to to graduation.

Spoke to someone who knows the local HS scene very well. Said its going to be a very tough year for WG. Just don't have the offensive skill players and their FOGO is not good. He expected Rosa to have to take some draws at some point. Thought the offense would eventually open up toward the end of the year but thought they were at least a year or two away as they lost a ton to to graduation.

Makes sense. I watched Saratoga scrimmage 12 days ago and I thought they were awful. I expected this score to be blowout. I don't know if Toga is just that much better than I thought or if Genny is that much worse than one would expect.

Makes sense. I watched Saratoga scrimmage 12 days ago and I thought they were awful. I expected this score to be blowout. I don't know if Toga is just that much better than I thought or if Genny is that much worse than one would expect.

Genny is that much worse

Looks like JD is gonna be carried by two of the legacies, keib and murad. Will be an interesting year for them. JeremyCuse you hear anything about the outlook on JDs year?

Was a little surprised not to see Rosa in the box score, though I assume we see a brother in there.

Homer still has one of the Yacovvne kids, I know he committed somewhere just can’t remember.

Another Eccles kid at Syracuse had a big opening game with 5 n 6, assuming he’s Alabany bound.

A team to keep an eye on for sure is ESM this year they have a ton of talent and I expect them to win the league or runner up.

Looks like JD is gonna be carried by two of the legacies, keib and murad. Will be an interesting year for them. JeremyCuse you hear anything about the outlook on JDs year?

Was a little surprised not to see Rosa in the box score, though I assume we see a brother in there.

Homer still has one of the Yacovvne kids, I know he committed somewhere just can’t remember.

Another Eccles kid at Syracuse had a big opening game with 5 n 6, assuming he’s Alabany bound.

A team to keep an eye on for sure is ESM this year they have a ton of talent and I expect them to win the league or runner up.

JD will still be an offensive threat, lots of good young players in that Soph-Jr class. There big issue will be Defense.

Correct on the Eccles brother, he is the last one and is headed to Albany.

Yacovyne is Sacred Heart or St. Joes or something like that, will try and double check.

Another team to keep an eye on may be general brown. I know they’ve been putting out some good teams for the last few years only to get bounced by a better team can’t rmember what team that is, though I have no clue if any of there players are committed to anywhere.

I don’t think anyone can forget Bville either-I believe they return more than half of their starting lineup along w a bright young staff. Liverpool could also be a team to keep an eye out for as they bring back quite a bit

Caves is very very good and someone to keep an eye on at Pool. Only a junior and has been on varsity since a freshman. Great athlete who plays basketball too.

Just looked at his stats. Caves had 19 & 20 as a frosh and 27 & 25 as a soph. Had 4 & 4 vs Vestal in their first game.

I
Just looked at his stats. Caves had 19 & 20 as a frosh and 27 & 25 as a soph. Had 4 & 4 vs Vestal in their first game.
I was wondering if Vestal was any good this year? I was quite surprised Pool whipped them like they did. Section 4 lacrosse is usually brutal but i thought Vestal was one of the stronger programs from Bingo area.

I

I was wondering if Vestal was any good this year? I was quite surprised Pool whipped them like they did. Section 4 lacrosse is usually brutal but i thought Vestal was one of the stronger programs from Bingo area.
I don't know this year. Elmira and Horseheads are decent. Corning lost its first game to Geneva.

Have to admit I was surprised by that score as well. Cream of the Sect 2 Class A crop is probably Nisky and Bethlehem this year.

I got a report that Nisky and JD tied in a scrimmage last weekend.

I’m not really quite sure what to think about west genny. I have heard from a couple different sources that they struggled tremendously in a scrimmage vs Westhill, and obviously they sounded unimpressive against Saratoga (offensively at least). But, I also heard on their annual trip to New Jersey that they essentially dominated Manasquan, which is a top 6 or 7 team in the state of NJ. The starters were also up 4-5 goals or so against Private power Don Bosco before they were pulled. On paper they definitely seem quite top heavy w 3 guys being on a completely different level, but I’ll be interested to see how they do Saturday against an always tough Penfield program.

Down in Section 1, the local newspaper lists SU commit Joey Carino among the second ten in terms of the best players in the area, and among the top 5 or so among underclassmen. The guy who Desko needs to really get after is soph long pole Keith Boyer (I think the younger brother of ND LSM Jose Boyer) from Yorktown who the Journal News described as "the most disruptive player in Section 1 with the kind of athleticism, skills and IQ that make him a priority for a long list of major college programs."

I’m not really quite sure what to think about west genny. I have heard from a couple different sources that they struggled tremendously in a scrimmage vs Westhill, and obviously they sounded unimpressive against Saratoga (offensively at least). But, I also heard on their annual trip to New Jersey that they essentially dominated Manasquan, which is a top 6 or 7 team in the state of NJ. The starters were also up 4-5 goals or so against Private power Don Bosco before they were pulled. On paper they definitely seem quite top heavy w 3 guys being on a completely different level, but I’ll be interested to see how they do Saturday against an always tough Penfield program.

Wouldn't use those scrimmages as a gauge as neither Manasquan or Don Bosco are NJ powers Manasquan is a paper tiger with a fancy 18' record in weak shore conference but got smoked when it faced another region in state playoffs. Bosco has been weakened by graduation and injuries to a few of their better players. Competitive team in a stronger north jersey conference in north jersey but lno power and likely an also ran this year

Wouldn't use those scrimmages as a gauge as neither Manasquan or Don Bosco are NJ powers Manasquan is a paper tiger with a fancy 18' record in weak shore conference but got smoked when it faced another region in state playoffs. Bosco has been weakened by graduation and injuries to a few of their better players. Competitive team in a stronger north jersey conference in north jersey but lno power and likely an also ran this year
Good to know-I also had heard that they were competitive w mountains lake or some school along those lines. Don’t know if they are any better than those other 2, and I’m not too sure of the score when genny went down there except that the starters were quite competitive but as guys came out the goal differential increased. Wouldn’t be surprised if depth is a major issue for the cats going forward.

Mountain Lakes is a very good NJ lax squad so that would be encouraging . ML Goalie Thompson be here next year

Have to admit I was surprised by that score as well. Cream of the Sect 2 Class A crop is probably Nisky and Bethlehem this year.

I got a report that Nisky and JD tied in a scrimmage last weekend.
I think your greater point stands, but isn’t Nisky a “b” school for lax?

anyone got anything on will Delano at west hill? A 2021 had 47 and 15 last year is off to a 12 n 4 so far this year in two games.

Also keeping an eye on Skaneateles, and Hackler, also the brunelles, if they are who I think they are they might be two to keep eyes on.