2019 NY Football Giants Season .. | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

2019 NY Football Giants Season ..

I was wrong.

Wentz might be worse than dak, which is nearly impossible.

That loss was tough to take, it was more on the coaches than the crappy play on the field.

Shurmer doesn’t ya e a good feel for the game, and when your QB also doesn’t, it’s tough to watch.

Starting to get down on Engram and wondering if he’s not just a better Travis Beckum.

Doesn’t block. Always hurt. Critical drops. A monster game here and there to get expectations up followed by an injury and then bad performances...wash, rinse, repeat.

I really feel like we’re another solid draft and some smart FA signings away from being a solid team next year.

very high on Jones. Slayton is looking like a player. Engram...I’m not way down on him like last week. Lots of potential there. Barkley is Barkley. Some good young defensive players...just too many holes on that side of the ball.

shepard’s situation is a bummer, but Tate might have enough juice left to give us a few solid seasons.

Giants traded a 3rd round pick this year and 5th round pick for Leonard Willians which can become a 4th round pick in 2021 if the Giants resign Leonard Williams.

This is the first ever trade between the Jets and Giants.

This trade makes no sense to me, on the giants side.
I mean they could let him walk next year and they likely get a 3rd or 4th compensatory pick but the Giants as buyers is kinda shocking.

:confused:
I mean they could let him walk next year and they likely get a 3rd or 4th compensatory pick but the Giants as buyers is kinda shocking.
In the wise words of the New York jets post Sanchez “we are entering a competitive rebuild”.

:confused:
In the wise words of the New York jets post Sanchez “we are entering a competitive rebuild”.
The Giants trade Solder and get that pick back then it makes some sense.
Williams for Solder would be a trade that makes sense.

The Giants trade Solder and get that pick back then it makes some sense.
Williams for Solder would be a trade that makes sense.
It may be the only time you’ve ever been righty on here ;),but u nailed Solder’s talent level.

Giants traded a 3rd round pick this year and 5th round pick for Leonard Willians which can become a 4th round pick in 2021 if the Giants resign Leonard Williams.

This is the first ever trade between the Jets and Giants.
Giants got fleeced Williams hasn't been near a qb in 2 years.

terrible trade. overpay for a disappointing player who could have been got on the cheap in the off season.

its not like the Giants have a hole that could theoretically be plugged by a high 3rd

Dallas and Philly wanted him. No soup for you!
Houston is why the Giants did the deal now.
Those picks are ones the Texans who traded their entire draft to go all in would have given up for a JJ Watt replacement.

This Williams move to the Giants is kinda like the Mets trading for Stroman.
Nobody understood the Mets buying and they got back in it.
I don’t expect the Giants to get into a crazy NFC wild card race but if the Giants beat Dallas next Monday the Eagles and Cowboys both play the Patriots.
The Giants could be saying what the hell make a run at the NFC East knowing it’s for next year.

Get him acclimated now and get a footprint towards resigning him?

moderate risk, high reward move, IMO.
Get acclimated to what? He has already lived in ny, its possible betcher gets fired and there is an entire new defense next year. Why give up anything and just sign him next year?

Get acclimated to what? He has already lived in ny, its possible betcher gets fired and there is an entire new defense next year. Why give up anything and just sign him next year?

The Giants team and defense

This gives the Giants exclusive negotiating rights with him until FA starts and gives them the chance to resign him beforehand.

The Giants team and defense

This gives the Giants exclusive negotiating rights with him until FA starts and gives them the chance to resign him beforehand.
You might have an entirely different defense next year. Most of these guys want to go through the fa process and if you do sign him you gave up a 3rd and 4th. There is a reason the jets have no interest in a guy who they used a top 5 pick on.

You might have an entirely different defense next year. Most of these guys want to go through the fa process and if you do sign him you gave up a 3rd and 4th. There is a reason the jets have no interest in a guy who they used a top 5 pick on.
The Giants will get a compensatory pick back if they don’t resign Williams.
The second pick they gave up was the overpay but it’s not that much. The Giants are getting a 3rd round compensatory pick for Landon Collins going to Washington.
So essentially they traded the Collins pick and 5th rounder for a talented kid or another 3rd pick a year later.

If the Giants were contenders it’s a great trade.