2019 Onondaga Community College Thread... | Syracusefan.com

2019 Onondaga Community College Thread...

Any potential future Orange players suiting up for OCC this fall? I am not familiar with their roster this year.

Not sure if they've updated their record book lately, but check out this two year stat line for Randy Staats who is listed as the Career Points leader:

2012-2013: 130 goals 165 assists 295 points

Any potential future Orange players suiting up for OCC this fall? I am not familiar with their roster this year.

Of the guys who were freshman last year (excluding Jerry Staats), the two players who I thought were most impressive were Travis Longboat (midfield) and Skkylar Thomas (attack). Both are nice players, but my feeling is that Longboat has the more upside and should land at a decent DI team (don't see Syracuse offering him) while Thomas may be a better fit at a high level DII school. They are not returning a lot of starters so it will be interesting to see who stands out. Weather permitting they have some good scrimmages scheduled for early February (2/6 Geneseo and 2/16 Oswego).

Still waiting to see if Oakes pops up on somebody's roster in the Spring...

Anyone they hired it would of been Impossible to keep up with that they were doing. I was told only had 3 or 4 applicants. Who would want to follow as a coach of all that success especially as a part time gig. Wilbur stepped down and took the Administrative position due to all the work it is to run a junior college program and try to move kids on to 4 year schools for part time money.

Anyone they hired it would of been Impossible to keep up with that they were doing. I was told only had 3 or 4 applicants. Who would want to follow as a coach of all that success especially as a part time gig. Wilbur stepped down and took the Administrative position due to all the work it is to run a junior college program and try to move kids on to 4 year schools for part time money.

Wonder what the job pays. Anyone know, is it public? If you're making more as an assistant at a 4 year school then that's a tough job to get any real good established candidates. Even HS coaches are making more because they're teachers.

You'd really have to hit on an up and coming kid, but it's early here and Miccio has a good background. West Genny state Champ, 2 time OCC Champ and team captain under Wilbur. But then again, look at what happened to Herkimer when Paul Wehrum left.

I think it was 8-10k annually.

That's about what I thought. Wasn't sure if OCC might be shelling out bigger bucks. You're talking side job for someone with a 'real job' so the pool of candidates is certainly slim.

Makes sense why Wilbur took the administrative job then. That lacrosse program has done a lot for that college , I would of tried to keep Wilbur and staff by paying more than high school money.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom