2019 Rock & Roll HOF Nominees

moqui

hailing from parts unknown
i love john prine, but i struggle to find a rationale for putting him in the rock and roll hall of fame

donniesyracuse

All Conference
It’s absurd that Kraftwerk is not in. Pretty much every electronic artist cites them as an influence.

Kraftwerk is pretty much the only 'no-brainer' for me. Pretty sure that Radiohead gets in.

I love me some Todd and some Zombies, and I'd vote for them. And maybe Roxy Music.

But no Replacements? No Husker Du? Clearly quality is not the prime criteria for nomination.

orange79

Internet Sleuth
Staff member
Devo
LL Cool J
Rage Against the Machine
Roxy Music
Stevie Nicks
The Zombies

donniesyracuse

All Conference
Kraftwerk is pretty much the only 'no-brainer' for me. Pretty sure that Radiohead gets in.

I love me some Todd and some Zombies, and I'd vote for them. And maybe Roxy Music.

But no Replacements? No Husker Du? Clearly quality is not the prime criteria for nomination.
Post punk is really underrepresented in the Hall. The Cure are one of my favorites, but I think Roxy Music and Joy Division should go in first.

lummgr

All Conference
Nicks and Leppard. Leppard waaaaay overdue.
LL is as much a joke as Madonna was.

There should be some seniority in this subject. The fact that Madonna was in before Rush? Kiss?
How about Judas Priest, Iron Maiden?

lummgr

All Conference
Def Leppard have sold more than 100 million records worldwide,[8] and have two albums with RIAA diamond certification, Pyromania and Hysteria.[9] They are one of only five rock bands with two original studio albums selling over 10 million copies in the U.S.

Yeah, suck.

OrangeDW

Living Legend
Def Leppard have sold more than 100 million records worldwide,[8] and have two albums with RIAA diamond certification, Pyromania and Hysteria.[9] They are one of only five rock bands with two original studio albums selling over 10 million copies in the U.S.

Yeah, suck.

Last edited:

br801

Living Legend

It's criminal that the Replacements and Husker Du aren't already in. I don't think they've ever even been nominated. What a joke.

As for this year's nominees, I think it's time for The Zombies to finally get in. Lots of other worthy artists on that list as well.

Top Bottom