2019 Rock & Roll HOF Nominees | Syracusefan.com

2019 Rock & Roll HOF Nominees

i love john prine, but i struggle to find a rationale for putting him in the rock and roll hall of fame

It’s absurd that Kraftwerk is not in. Pretty much every electronic artist cites them as an influence.

Kraftwerk is pretty much the only 'no-brainer' for me. Pretty sure that Radiohead gets in.

I love me some Todd and some Zombies, and I'd vote for them. And maybe Roxy Music.

But no Replacements? No Husker Du? Clearly quality is not the prime criteria for nomination.

Devo
LL Cool J
Rage Against the Machine
Roxy Music
Stevie Nicks
The Zombies

Kraftwerk is pretty much the only 'no-brainer' for me. Pretty sure that Radiohead gets in.

I love me some Todd and some Zombies, and I'd vote for them. And maybe Roxy Music.

But no Replacements? No Husker Du? Clearly quality is not the prime criteria for nomination.
Post punk is really underrepresented in the Hall. The Cure are one of my favorites, but I think Roxy Music and Joy Division should go in first.

Nicks and Leppard. Leppard waaaaay overdue.
LL is as much a joke as Madonna was.

There should be some seniority in this subject. The fact that Madonna was in before Rush? Kiss?
How about Judas Priest, Iron Maiden?

Def Leppard have sold more than 100 million records worldwide,[8] and have two albums with RIAA diamond certification, Pyromania and Hysteria.[9] They are one of only five rock bands with two original studio albums selling over 10 million copies in the U.S.

Yeah, suck.

Def Leppard have sold more than 100 million records worldwide,[8] and have two albums with RIAA diamond certification, Pyromania and Hysteria.[9] They are one of only five rock bands with two original studio albums selling over 10 million copies in the U.S.

Yeah, suck.

Last edited:

It's criminal that the Replacements and Husker Du aren't already in. I don't think they've ever even been nominated. What a joke.

As for this year's nominees, I think it's time for The Zombies to finally get in. Lots of other worthy artists on that list as well.

Nicks and Def Leppard are no-brainers. Their contributions are unparalleled

I am happy for The Cure and Roxy Music. They are among my all-time favorites.

The hall of fame is still a joke though. Kraftwerk should be in. The Zombies made one amazing album. I’m not sure that should be enough for induction. Def Leppard sold a ton of records, but Mutt Lange is responsible for their sound.

I don’t why I am wasting my time considering this. Bon Jovi’s induction last year ended any possibility for the hall gaining credibility.

The Cure To Enter Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame Alongside Roxy Music, Radiohead And More

I am happy for The Cure and Roxy Music. They are among my all-time favorites.

The hall of fame is still a joke though. Kraftwerk should be in. The Zombies made one amazing album. I’m not sure that should be enough for induction. Def Leppard sold a ton of records, but Mutt Lange is responsible for their sound.

I don’t why I am wasting my time considering this. Bon Jovi’s induction last year ended any possibility for the hall gaining credibility.

The Cure To Enter Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame Alongside Roxy Music, Radiohead And More
The Zombies belong, IMO, but the whole thing is really a bad joke when you look at some of the artists that are in there, and the many glaring ommissions. Where are people like Nick Lowe, Graham Parker, Dave Edmunds, Paul Westerberg, Bob Mould, Alex Chilton and their various bands, to name a few?

Bon Jovi’s induction last year ended any possibility for the hall gaining credibility.
But Madonna and LL Cool J didn’t? In the ROCK AND ROLL hof? That what blows my mind. Rush took forever. Kiss took forever. Like them or not they had huge success in ROCK. Priest? Maiden?

But Madonna and LL Cool J didn’t? In the ROCK AND ROLL hof? That what blows my mind. Rush took forever. Kiss took forever. Like them or not they had huge success in ROCK. Priest? Maiden?

It more or less became the “music hall of fame” awhile ago didn’t it?

It more or less became the “music hall of fame” awhile ago didn’t it?

Just googled it. Run DMC, Public Enemy, NWA, Beastie Boys, Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five, and 2Pac are all in. The gates opened up for rappers a decade ago. LL Cool J belongs just as much as any of those above.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom