2019 Thanksgiving tourney guesses? | Syracusefan.com

2019 Thanksgiving tourney guesses?

CuseTroop

Vegas Mole Person
Atlantis feels like a decade ago. We have to be due for something next year, right?

Maui would be top of my list.

Atlantis was cool the atmosphere was insane, but the $24 vodka redbulls about killed me.

What else are there? Orlando? Don’t Puerto Rico and Cancun have something?

I just want to be warm

Atlantis feels like a decade ago. We have to be due for something next year, right?

Atlantis was cool the atmosphere was insane, but the $24 vodka redbulls about killed me.

I just want to be warm
Re: Maui

Like all these tournaments, they take only one team from each conference. There are 14 other ACC teams in line.

[And, the head coach is not a big fan of jumping 5 time zones.]

Gosh, you guys owe me big time. Here's this year's list compiled from the master ACC schedule:

Bahamas – Virginia
Maui – Duke
Cayman Islands – Clemson
Las Vegas – UNC
AdvoCare (Orlando) – FSU
NIT Tipoff – Louisville
Wooden Legacy (Fullerton) – Miami
Myrtle Beach – Wake
Charleston – VPI
Barclays Center – Pitt
Deep South Showcase – Ga Tech
2K Classic – Syracuse
Ft. Meyers – BC
Gotham Classic – ND
NC State may be the “out” team this year. They’re playing a bunch of schools in their arena in Raleigh as the “Wolfpack Classic”.

Gosh, you guys owe me big time. Here's this year's list compiled from the master ACC schedule:

Bahamas – Virginia
Maui – Duke
Cayman Islands – Clemson
Las Vegas – UNC
AdvoCare (Orlando) – FSU
NIT Tipoff – Louisville
Wooden Legacy (Fullerton) – Miami
Myrtle Beach – Wake
Charleston – VPI
Barclays Center – Pitt
Deep South Showcase – Ga Tech
2K Classic – Syracuse
Ft. Meyers – BC
Gotham Classic – ND
NC State may be the “out” team this year. They’re playing a bunch of schools in their arena in Raleigh as the “Wolfpack Classic”.

Ya know Hoos that at first I was confused why you posted on a Cuse board so much but I’ve grown to respect and enjoy you posts. Your alright in my book.

Well that officially sounds like the most depressing tourney in the history of college basketball.

Mutual interest in a return to Atlantis. Thought there was a good chance for 2019 but looks like UNC is locked in. I would expect us to go again in 2020.

Mutual interest in a return to Atlantis. Thought there was a good chance for 2019 but looks like UNC is locked in. I would expect us to go again in 2020.
I wouldn't count on that. Way too soon. Vegas? Cayman Islands? They're a lot more likely than the Bahamas again.

I wouldn't count on that. Way too soon. Vegas? Cayman Islands? They're a lot more likely than the Bahamas again.

Understand your point but:

1. The tournament allows teams to compete once every four years.

2. Syracuse travelled EXTREMELY well the last time we were there.

3. Tournament officials committed to bring Syracuse back as soon as an opportunity arises.

4. High ranking members of the Syracuse Athletics administration have indicated that a return visit will be sooner rather than later.

I'm counting on it in the next two or three years.

I believe both Michigan and Gonzaga are returning to the Battle for Atlantis in 2019. Both teams played in 2015 when we last played in the tournament. I would be shocked if we were not invited back in 2020.

I just want to be warm

If your dumb butt had come up to my room when I told you and Vince to, you could have drank to your heart's content.

Adam, my friend, I am sorry if my teasing comment about your lovely girlfriend went too far. After all, you are lovely yourself and she is lucky to have you!

lol no worries Peggy. I'm amazed everyday that she sticks around haha

I believe both Michigan and Gonzaga are returning to the Battle for Atlantis in 2019. Both teams played in 2015 when we last played in the tournament. I would be shocked if we were not invited back in 2020.
They're in different conferences. They follow a different set of rules. It's really not as much a question of whether the Bahamas wants you back as much as it is a question of whether Greensboro will allow you to go. They believe in "spreading the wealth" as equally as is possible, otherwise dook would always go to Maui and UNC would always go to {fill in name of place where UNC would like to go here}. All I'm saying is, don't get your hopes up. There's supposed to be a rotation and Greensboro does everything they can to send everyone to the preferable places. (At least that's what we'd like to think after going to Niceville, FL.) Add to that, from what I saw on NC State's schedule, there could be a year when you don't get to go anywhere. Apparently, there are 14 tournament slots for 15 ACC teams.

They're in different conferences. They follow a different set of rules. It's really not as much a question of whether the Bahamas wants you back as much as it is a question of whether Greensboro will allow you to go. They believe in "spreading the wealth" as equally as is possible, otherwise dook would always go to Maui and UNC would always go to {fill in name of place where UNC would like to go here}. All I'm saying is, don't get your hopes up. There's supposed to be a rotation and Greensboro does everything they can to send everyone to the preferable places. (At least that's what we'd like to think after going to Niceville, FL.) Add to that, from what I saw on NC State's schedule, there could be a year when you don't get to go anywhere. Apparently, there are 14 tournament slots for 15 ACC teams.

Hasn't that been every year since we were in Atlantis?

ACC Representation at Atlantis:

2014 - UNC
2015 - Syracuse
2016 - Louisville
2017 - N.C. State
2018 - UVa
2019 - UNC

So Greensboro only wants one school to breech the "spread the wealth" rule?

Understand your point but:

1. The tournament allows teams to compete once every four years.

2. Syracuse travelled EXTREMELY well the last time we were there.

3. Tournament officials committed to bring Syracuse back as soon as an opportunity arises.

4. High ranking members of the Syracuse Athletics administration have indicated that a return visit will be sooner rather than later.

I'm counting on it in the next two or three years.

Have it from a good source that we are headed back to Atlantis in 2021

Also, per the same source, team is going to Italy next summer (2019)

ACC Representation at Atlantis:

2014 - UNC
2015 - Syracuse
2016 - Louisville
2017 - N.C. State
2018 - UVa
2019 - UNC

So Greensboro only wants one school to breech the "spread the wealth" rule?
This actually surprises me.

I am guessing the ACC asks each school which venues they have interest in, puts them in queues for those venues and schedules accordingly. For instance, here is the list Hoo's That provided:

Bahama
Maui
Cayman Islands
Las Vegas
AdvoCare (Orlando)
NIT Tipoff
Wooden Legacy (Fullerton)
Myrtle Beach
Charleston
Barclays Center
Deep South Showcase
2K Classic
Ft. Meyers
Gotham Classic

Syracuse wants to play in tournaments in the NYC area and maybe Maui and the Bahamas. Vegas, Orlando, Myrtle Beach, Charleston, Deep South Showcase and Ft Myers are probably not of interest. BC and Pitt also surely want to play in NYC regularly as well. Georgia Tech, Duke and UNC too. Maybe a couple more.

The schools in the Carolinas are probably really interested in Myrtle Beach, Charleston, maybe the Deep South and the Florida venues. The Cayman Islands is probably really easy to get to from Atlanta and Miami. Not so easy from Syracuse.

I hope this is how it works anyway...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom