2019 Transfers | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2019 Transfers

Hearing Duke or Cornell . Sadly ..

Hope there’s still a possibility ...but How can you compete with Duke or Cornell degree ?

There is no clear indication of his intended destination. In a message to teammates obtained by IL, Gray told teammates that his choice was not based on lacrosse reasons, but motivated by his academic ambitions.
"academic ambitions". Sounds like the Ivy league.

Hearing Duke or Cornell . Sadly ..

Hope there’s still a possibility ...but How can you compete with Duke or Cornell degree ?

Have to ask... How does one here things?

This would be a huge pick up for whoever gets him. 111 points in his sophomore year. Would’ve been the best player in the Patriot League if it weren’t for somebody named Spencer. Keeping my fingers crossed that he chooses the Orange.

THis is a must get player. The allure of the program just isn't what it once used to be. Maybe the staff is not presenting it in the best way?

Playing Devil's advocate: Why would Gray WANT to come here?

THis is a must get player. The allure of the program just isn't what it once used to be. Maybe the staff is not presenting it in the best way?

Primary attack role, #22?, missing piece for a very stacked team that significantly ups the odds of next natty, positions well for Tewarrton, contributes to return of greatest program in history ..etc...However - Cuse is not an upgrade from BU - in fact, it’s a step back on many academic measures ..and he mentioned academic ambitions

Last edited:
Through someone who’s connected to his former HS coach who indicated Duke or Cornell / leaning Duke ..but who knows for sure
Gotcha. Thanks! Don't worry I won't shoot the messenger.

Duke makes sense, they don't have an initiator from attack and have an open slot. They do however have a five-star recruit in Dyson Williams coming in from Hill Academy, though doubt that would stop Duke/Gray from making the move. Too bad. None of the chatter on the Fanlax site even mentions Syracuse as a possible option, which is kind of a denouncement of the program in and of itself.

Duke makes sense, they don't have an initiator from attack and have an open slot. They do however have a five-star recruit in Dyson Williams coming in from Hill Academy, though doubt that would stop Duke/Gray from making the move. Too bad. None of the chatter on the Fanlax site even mentions Syracuse as a possible option, which is kind of a denouncement of the program in and of itself.

Please Powell. Not you. Way too smart and insightful to fall into the negativity that pervades and alters common sense.

Its not a denouncement of program. It's simply logical that a bright student who is looking to improve on his academics is likely heading to one of the more prestigious academic schools.

If he lands at Rutgers, Maryland ,, Denver , PSU , Towson then that concern can be raised.

Not to mention he'd overlap Brennan O'Neill for a year as well.

Powell, Retention is a positive that no one talks about. There are some good core players on the Syracuse team that have very solid grades. They could put themselves into the transfer portal to upgrade to a more prestigious academic school. ACC rules restricts movement but many fine schools in other conferences would have interest given abilities and grades. Lax network wide but tight and discussions had. They stay at Cuse for these simple reasons, they like the school and classes, they like their teammates and they truly believe they are in the hunt.

Please Powell. Not you. Way too smart and insightful to fall into the negativity that pervades and alters common sense.

Its not a denouncement of program. It's simply logical that a bright student who is looking to improve on his academics is likely heading to one of the more prestigious academic schools.

If he lands at Rutgers, Maryland ,, Denver , PSU , Towson then that concern can be raised.

Well on the one hand our lack of a truly elite attack recruit, both in terms of recruiting ratings and actual performance, the last 2 years and (apparently) this upcoming year, is a legitimate cause for concern, and does indeed say something about the program.

On the other hand not getting mentioned in speculative fan lax chatter for Grey doesn't strike me as a huge deal. How many of those people actually have legitimate inside info? Certainly very few actually know his true motivations. I think at least from a perspective of what our teams strengths are and how much he could make an impact here, Grey should consider us. Unfortunately I feel the same way about Duke, and that in combination with CuseNHouse's info is not a good sign.

Sorry IT, a bit melodramatic on my part. I'm just growing increasingly frustrated with Syracuse seemingly being one or two players away for what seems like a decade. Just last year there was hope that SU would get two huge transfers in Irelan and Austin Staats, and of course neither happened. Next year's team looks very strong, many people ranking it preseason top 5, but unfortunately I think they would once again finish the season just outside the final four, again. Gray is exactly what this team is missing. What exacerbates things is the fact that recruiting (while certainly not an exact science) looks particularly down the next few years. This upcoming year feels really important in making a championship run and it is making me anxious.

Desko should see if he can scrape together a full scholarship offer.
Syracuse has a great lacrosse tradition.
The table is set fairly well to go along with Gray.

Sorry IT, a bit melodramatic on my part. I'm just growing increasingly frustrated with Syracuse seemingly being one or two players away for what seems like a decade. Just last year there was hope that SU would get two huge transfers in Irelan and Austin Staats, and of course neither happened. Next year's team looks very strong, many people ranking it preseason top 5, but unfortunately I think they would once again finish the season just outside the final four, again. Gray is exactly what this team is missing. What exacerbates things is the fact that recruiting (while certainly not an exact science) looks particularly down the next few years. This upcoming year feels really important in making a championship run and it is making me anxious.
Hear ya Powell. I share your viewpoint and frustration So close but so far . Gray is a the next great tease following Staats and Ierlan. Immediately make us top five rather than on outskirts of top ten. You, Jeremy and a few others are fav reads but I find myself playing devil's advocate to the point of being testy so probably best for me to take some time away lol. Desko is here next year per Wildwick so mute point . Rather be discussing who is going to fill openings cited by graduations. Hoping no preordains because some good candidates despite the obvious candidates .. Looking forward to fall ball and all the anticipation and optimism that it brings. Later

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom