2019 Transfers | Syracusefan.com

2019 Transfers

I wonder if SU would have any interest in the LSM from Nova. They have a couple of impressive ones coming in the future years but Ubriaco would allow them to bump Kennedy down to close without issue.

This would be his second transfer so he would have to sit a year. I can' say I blame him but he's not going to have much time left wherever he ends up.

Wouldn't he be a grad transfer by now? He left HS in 2015.

Interesting thought about Ubriaco. He went to Boy's Latin in Maryland so no local connection. Kennedy had a lot more groundballs at 44, but they both had the same caused turnovers. 'Cuse also brings in Michael Page next year at LSM who has been getting a lot of press. Also curious whatever happened to Jacob Walthor? I thought he might have a chance to see the field but never made it to SU.

Not surprising. Like ivory said we have a few goalies.

We’re gonna lose a couple more players? Right?

Wonder what will become of Lucas Quinn ?- don't see him getting major minutes going forward. He comes back a Junior with Zero points up against a deep, top flight midfield unit. Possible that he could break through as a second line guy next year,,,Likely only 1 spot available if no one from current group moves to attack ...would be competing against Magnan, Fiorini, Kim's, other current and incoming for last second line spot...

Wonder what will become of Lucas Quinn ?- don't see him getting major minutes going forward. He comes back a Junior with Zero points up against a deep, top flight midfield unit. Possible that he could break through as a second line guy next year,,,Likely only 1 spot available if no one from current group moves to attack ...would be competing against Magnan, Fiorini, Kim's, other current and incoming for last second line spot...

Quinn is kind of a mystery to me - Desko was very high on him to start the year (he scored twice against Yale in the scrimmage), but he struggled in the Colgate game with some bad shooting and just never looked comfortable. Then he got hurt and that really took the wind out of his sails. He clearly has talent but seems to me he struggles in the framework of the offense. Magnan looked lost at times as well, but he was a freshmen. Very interesting to see who comes back and claims the midfield spots next year.

Maybe the light finally goes on or he finds a place in man up, he’s primarily an outside shooter I believe...but more than likely he’ll ride the pine or transfer. Hope nothing but he best for him. I was high on him but so was I on Romano...

Great comparison to Romano. Alley , roll back, pass. Wish him the best but don’t see it coming together

Quinn is kind of a mystery to me - Desko was very high on him to start the year (he scored twice against Yale in the scrimmage), but he struggled in the Colgate game with some bad shooting and just never looked comfortable. Then he got hurt and that really took the wind out of his sails. He clearly has talent but seems to me he struggles in the framework of the offense. Magnan looked lost at times as well, but he was a freshmen. Very interesting to see who comes back and claims the midfield spots next year.

Struggling in the framework of the offense is a very good description of what happened to Quinn this year. As you noted it seemed the injury really set him back and when he did make it back Desko/Donahue didn't seem clear what they wanted to do on the 2nd line as there was a constant rotation of about 5 guys with only Buttermore being a constant and later Cook despite his struggles. He seemed to dodge reasonably well the few times he initiated but as you noted didn't appear to be fully immersed in the O as say Buttermore. I think that can probably be traced back to his lack of PT and likely him wanting to show his worth to the coaching staff. I don't think him transferring would be any sort a huge shock especially if he's looking for a lot of PT which seems unlikely at SU even if he improves. Still there is going to be room on the 2nd mid line with Carlin gone and Cook moving to attack so I hope he stays and gives it a go. I am a bit higher on Magnan as I think he showed the skill that made him a top 10 recruit at one point. Like Cook though there was also periods where he looked lost out there and had some issues with turnovers and sloppy play. I think part of the issue was that these guys didn't get a lot of consistent run. Hard to make a statement or look good when your getting maybe 1 or 2 runs game every other game. I think the staff would have better served to get a second mid line or even 4 guys and run them consistently for a few games and see who rose to the top.

Will be very interesting to see how things shake out next year.

Injuries kept derailing Quinn this year, he has a skillset and hoping that coaches can carve out ways to best employ his talents within their schemes. Belichick's genius lies in doing so.

Regarding rising soph mids, sense familiarity of local media and fans with local kids afforded some first cracks. Cook's development should have been at attack. Magnan was not ready . All 18's have a year under their belt now, UA credentials, RR rankings and HS glory should be rather meaningless at this point , what you actually bring to field should dictate 20' opportunity. Maybe Buttermore wasn't ready last year, maybe the Kims weren't this year but based off the little seen in their respective frosh years, thought each deserved more looks . nm

James Avanzato, who was mentioned as being on the Transfer Portal, a few weeks back has also dropped from the Terps online roster. Avanzato tore his ACL as he scored his first collegiate goal as a freshman 2 years ago, and played sparingly on the 3rd midfield this Spring (with a large knee brace).

So that puts 2 former UA AA attackmen from LI for the Terps, who are now on the transfer portal:
George Wichelns and James Avanzato.

Huge news. This guy wasn't so scary on BU but on a team with lots of other pieces...somebody is getting a lot better next year. Three years ago we got Nick Mariano who was a similar best player on a team that didn't have a great shot at the tourney. Can Desko work the magic again? Anyone but Duke and UVA. Tired of those dang poachers.

Desko should spend all his energy on this. Would be a complete game changer.

We should be all over this. Someone forward this to the staff and no I'm not joking.

There is no clear indication of his intended destination. In a message to teammates obtained by IL, Gray told teammates that his choice was not based on lacrosse reasons, but motivated by his academic ambitions.

There is no clear indication of his intended destination. In a message to teammates obtained by IL, Gray told teammates that his choice was not based on lacrosse reasons, but motivated by his academic ambitions.
Hopefully, he wants to be a journalist or a public policy wonk.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom