Peter Garno, Haverford (Pa.), Virginia
Patrick Hackler, Skaneateles (N.Y.), Yale

Defense
Ed Arnold, Manhasset (N.Y.), Penn
BJ Burlace, St. Mary’s (Md.), Yale
Colin Hart, Garden City (N.Y.), Brown
Max Schalit, Ponte Vedra (Fla.), Notre Dame
Ryan Schriber, Wilton (Conn.), Michigan

Probably not what Desko needed right now with all thats going on, zero UA's for the first time since what 2014? Hackler as UA as well to really twist the knife. Brutal.

Probably not what Desko needed right now with all thats going on, zero UA's for the first time since what 2014? Hackler as UA as well to really twist the knife. Brutal.

Voigt was 2014

Going all the way back to 2006, this is the 1st time we've swung and missed.

Technically, Zawada made the 2019 team. :oops::rolleyes:

Voigt was 2014

Going all the way back to 2006, this is the 1st time we've swung and missed.

Technically, Zawada made the 2019 team. :oops::rolleyes:

That Zawada decommit seems like its going to age as well as Wisnauskas's transfer did. He had a chance to play from day 1, again freeking brutal. Hopefully 2020 goes a lot better then 2007 did, the year after we got shut out.

Lots of signs. Syracuse lacrosse can't be ranked higher than 9 or 10 in overall program strength. And fading fast.

That Zawada decommit seems like its going to age as well as Wisnauskas's transfer did. He had a chance to play from day 1, again freeking brutal. Hopefully 2020 goes a lot better then 2007 did, the year after we got shut out.

Lots can change but there is a good chance Syracuse won't place any players on the 2020 rosters either. Hay is probably most likely but he is a four star recruit, so, no sure thing. Erlbeck, Drago and Witherspoon are also four stars. The IL lists are obviously not the end all be all but it's still a bit concerning.

Lots can change but there is a good chance Syracuse won't place any players on the 2020 rosters either. Hay is probably most likely but he is a four star recruit, so, no sure thing. Erlbeck, Drago and Witherspoon are also four stars. The IL lists are obviously not the end all be all but it's still a bit concerning.

Theres also a good chance at least three of those decommits will end up on the UA team next year a as multiple guys are in the top 30 and 50. Been a real rough stretch recruiting wise although the staff did bounce back in getting Erlbeck Drago and a few others after the dust settled. I like the kid from Oregon as well Mcguire.

8 kids from Long Island.

Only 1 kid from Upstate.
Previously mentioned that issue , local talent pool no longer advantages, opposite may be true compared to some other hotbeds. Look ar roster shows recruits beyond but reach into the rich LI pool should be enhanced.. Other ACC teams scour and compete for LI ,NJ , Conn. , understand their advantages with preps but seeing player like OKeefe starring for PSU agitates.

UA AA selection and potential to excel are correlated so shut out disappoints . Quinn, Seebold, Cook, Magnan were all recent participants so hopefully best ahead. That said , there are many good players ,some are gems with high upside who simply are not on circuit or underexposed for various reasons.

Present talent is good enough to reach FF over the next few years. Harder to project beyond

Previously mentioned that issue , local talent pool no longer advantages, opposite may be true compared to some other hotbeds. Look ar roster shows recruits beyond but reach into the rich LI pool should be enhanced.. Other ACC teams scour and compete for LI ,NJ , Conn. , understand their advantages with preps but seeing player like OKeefe starring for PSU agitates.

UA AA selection and potential to excel are correlated so shut out disappoints . Quinn, Seebold, Cook, Magnan were all recent participants so hopefully best ahead. That said , there are many good players ,some are gems with high upside who simply are not on circuit or underexposed for various reasons.

Present talent is good enough to reach FF over the next few years. Harder to project beyond

Syracuse has historically shied away from getting into death battles for kids of the Island. We certainly still recruit down there and have gotten our fair share of guys over the years but we have never been a team that recruited the Island aggressively like some other schools have. Why that is I don't know for sure but I think Desko and the staff preferred to be selective down there and do more recruiting upstate and beyond then get into a death match with UNC, Duke, Maryland PSU etc.

UMd has a incoming freshman, Jack Brennan, from Irondequoit, who did make the U-19 tryout list:

Maryland has long had a pipeline of top players from Rochester (Whipple, Walters, Catalino, etc). I always wondered what the connection was and have been impressed that it has continued over different UMD coaching staffs.

Brennan is a great player. I believe he's one of the last of the "middle school kids committing" era.

Maryland has long had a pipeline of top players from Rochester (Whipple, Walters, Catalino, etc). I always wondered what the connection was and have been impressed that it has continued over different UMD coaching staffs.

Brennan is a great player. I believe he's one of the last of the "middle school kids committing" era.
I wonder if Whipple was the first, or one of the first. His dad coaches or coached in the Rochester area too, so as players come through there they know the connection probably. Plus Andrew Whipple has coached there for a long time now.

I wonder if Whipple was the first, or one of the first. His dad coaches or coached in the Rochester area too, so as players come through there they know the connection probably. Plus Andrew Whipple has coached there for a long time now.

His Dad I believe is Rory Whipple who coached Hartwick for years and now leads D2 Tampa.

I believe Whipple's dad was the long time Irondequoit coach and his brother did a stint as the varsity coach that ended a few years back.

Andy Whipple was the first big player out of Roch to start that Maryland pipeline. He coaches Pittsford now so I was just curious how he kept the Irondequoit to Maryland pipeline going (Whipple, Walters, Brennan all went to IHS).

I believe Whipple's dad was the long time Irondequoit coach and his brother did a stint as the varsity coach that ended a few years back.

Andy Whipple was the first big player out of Roch to start that Maryland pipeline. He coaches Pittsford now so I was just curious how he kept the Irondequoit to Maryland pipeline going (Whipple, Walters, Brennan all went to IHS).
Maybe through a club program.

Definitely disappointing re: lack of UAAA players, but as we all know, those badges do not necessarily guarantee greatness. Wisnauskas - yes, Magnan = maybe...Quinn and Seebold - if they collectively have 10 points or less before they leave the program, I would not be shocked (really hope i'm wrong on that). For all of Desko's disappointments of late, he does a great job of identifying some diamonds and polishing them. e.g Rice, Donoghue - very good players who became world class...Yes, it's not a good trend,,, but all is not lost. A good piece of Penn State's high octane offense is contributed to by relative unknowns and they are dominating.

Last edited:
The Terps also had Dan Groot from Canandaigua ten or so years back.
Tillman hasn't really been that successful. He had Brendan Saylor from Fairport, and then Sam Byassee from Victor. Of course, he did have Adam DiMillo from out near Buffalo.

With Jack Sawyer developing into a top attackman this Spring, the Terps do have an excess of attackmen in this coming fall's class: Sawyer, Brennan, Maltz, Siracusa, N.DeMaio, and Pallonetti. The last 2 were added in December.

Definitely disappointing re: lack of UAAA players, but as we all know, those badges do not necessarily guarantee greatness. Wisnauskas - yes, Magnan = maybe...Quinn and Seebold - if they collectively have 10 points or less before they leave the program, I would not be shocked (really hope i'm wrong on that). For all of Desko's disappointments of late, he does a great job of identifying some diamonds and polishing them. e.g Rice, Donoghue - very good players who became world class...Yes, it's not a good trend,,, but all is not lost. A good piece of Penn State's high octane offense is contributed to by relative unknowns and they are dominating.
Somehow forgot to include redshirt Fiorini being a recent UA AA selection , my opinion is he and the unheralded Kims are advancing nicely and will be good. Looking forward to watching those three.

Somehow forgot to include redshirt Fiorini being a recent UA AA selection , my opinion is he and the unheralded Kims are advancing nicely and will be good. Looking forward to watching those three.
I’ve seen a few mentions on the board about the Kims progressing. Did you hear something or is it just the fact that they weren’t redshirted ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom