2020-2021 SU basketball roster. Make your predictions | Syracusefan.com

2020-2021 SU basketball roster. Make your predictions

Alsacs

Living Legend
We have to lose at 1 player from this year's roster. So give your prediction for what the roster will be.
It's not fairly obvious what the roster will be that is for sure.
Here is mine.

Seniors
1. Marek Dolezaj F/C
2. Bourama Sidibe C

Juniors
3. Buddy Boeheim SG
4. Howard Washington(redshirt Junior) PG

Sophomores
5. Joe Girard CG
6. Quincy Guerrier F/C
7. Jesse Edwards C
8. Brycen Goodine CG
9. Robert Braswell (redshirt Sophomore) F

Freshman
10. Jon Bol Ajak(redshirt Freshman) C
11. Kadary Richmond CG
12. Woody Newton PF

Grad transfer
13. Seth Towns F

I see Elijah Hughes and Jalen Carey leaving after the season and bringing in Towns to replace Hughes.

We have to lose at 1 player from this year's roster. So give your prediction for what the roster will be.
Here is mine.

Seniors
1. Marek Dolezaj F/C
2. Bourama Sidibe C

Juniors
3. Buddy Boeheim SG

Sophomores
5. Joe Girard CG
6. Quincy Guerrier F/C
7. Jesse Edwards C
8. Brycen Goodine CG

Freshman
11. Kadary Richmond CG
12. Woody Newton PF

Grad transfer
13. Seth Towns F

I see Elijah Hughes and Jalen Carey leaving after the season and bringing in Towns to replace Hughes.
Was it painful when you felt inclined to put /C next to Guerrier?

I expect Hughes to declare for the draft, and Carey to transfer at the end of the season.

I also think we'll see another departure -- most likely Washington heading off in search of more abundant PT, or Braswell. I'd be surprised if at least one of these players doesn't get "the talk" at the end of the season.

I also expect the coaching staff to line up one, and possibly two grad transfers. Towns if he wants to come here, and Tape if they can leverage the existing relationship to steer him to the hill.

The roster will look a LOT different next season.

with accepting Hughes likely gone, I think that's about as good as it can get.
Would the board trade Carey for Washington? I feel Carey has more potential and a higher ceiling, unfortunately he has a lower floor when he tries to do too much
Jim will have all scholarship recruited players, he really should play more than 7 guys. If they cant play by sophomore or JR year, why did you even give a scholarship?

PG Girard
SG Buddy
F Quincy
F Marek
C Sidibe

Bench used very very sparingly as usual. Basically this year minus Hughes.

Here is mine.

Seniors
1. Marek Dolezaj F/C
2. Bourama Sidibe C

Juniors
3. Buddy Boeheim SG

Sophomores
5. Joe Girard CG
6. Quincy Guerrier F/C
7. Jesse Edwards C
8. Brycen Goodine CG

Freshman
11. Kadary Richmond CG
12. Woody Newton PF

Grad transfer
13. Seth Towns F

Without Hughes that is a roster that is really lacking in athleticism. We have to hope Richmond can be a real contributor, and that Towns, if healthy, can shoot the 3 against ACC players close to the numbers he put against the Ivy League.

Otherwise, this team is going to have a very tough time next year.

Here is mine.

Seniors
1. Marek Dolezaj F/C
2. Bourama Sidibe C

Juniors
3. Buddy Boeheim SG

Sophomores
5. Joe Girard CG
6. Quincy Guerrier F/C
7. Jesse Edwards C
8. Brycen Goodine CG

Freshman
11. Kadary Richmond CG
12. Woody Newton PF

Grad transfer
13. Seth Towns F

Newton is a SF.

Remember How Good OSU was at the beginning of the year."All returning players.."Use this years Oklahoma State as a measuring rod...I remember a statement Boeheim made a while back. In a nutshell: "Same players same results" Unless the 3 Centers upgrade their game well...

A) Towns missing two full years makes him a big question mark. B) If he's healthy, he will be hotly recruited.

And SU isn't the only ACC (let alone other P5) team losing a first team All-ACC 3 wing scorer after this season.

Hughes, Carey, Washington, and Sidibe leave.

Towns and Tape sign.

Pretty sure Washington can graduate and be a grad transfer...
He is going to graduate in 3 years? If he does that then I would say he would go elsewhere and have 2 more years there.

I don't want Washington to leave as I like him as a backup PG. He just doesn't get enough minutes and can't stay healthy.

Hughes stays and we pick up a grad transfer and are what Baylor is this year.

JB has to have one more great team. Bunch of the kids get redshirted so the next coach gets an experienced team with eligibility.

If Hughes, Carey and any of Howard/Bourama/Bobby Braswell leave we’re not winning 15 games and I won’t even pretend otherwise.

I think we get Towns. Sell him on the Eli role - green light and surrounded by shooters.

I think Q is Dion. Only gets 20mpg or so but declares (not a lotto pick).

Eli, Jalen and Bras leave. HoWash 50/50.

Team looks similar to this year. Q gets minutes off the bench. JBA/Edwards both play behind Sid so we won’t see Marek at the 5 anymore. Woody doesn’t

Goodine gets more minutes than this year but not much. Kadary barely plays.

Joe, Buddy still get 35+ mpg. Marek plays as much as possible until he gets into foul trouble. Sidibe plays until foul trouble or he gets yelled at. Towns might not play 40, but he’ll be close.

I hope it doesn’t work out this way but I bet it will. by mid season many will be wondering if our back ups (Goodine, Kadary, Newton, Q, Edwards) could beat our starting 5 (they can)

1. JG3
2. Jackson
3. Towns
4. Marek
5. Tape

6. Quincy
7. Carey
8. Goodine
9. Braswell
10. Newton
11. JBA
12. Edwards (redshirts)
13. Your guess is as good as mine

1. JG3
2. Jackson
3. Towns
4. Marek
5. Tape

6. Quincy
7. Carey
8. Goodine
9. Braswell
10. Newton
11. JBA
12. Edwards (redshirts)
13. Your guess is as good as mine

Hughes is obviously leaving and this lineup would be the IDEAL situation. But I would be shocked if this is what we ended up with.

Hughes is obviously leaving and this lineup would be the IDEAL situation. But I would be shocked if this is what we ended up with.
Boeheim's and Wildhack's recent comments along with the 2022 recruiting have me more optimistic than I have any business being. Towns injury history makes me nervous but if the space on the roster opens up, and I'm sure it will, there's basically no risk in taking him if he wants to come here

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom