2020/21 Olympics: Tokyo | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2020/21 Olympics: Tokyo

Really wonder why they pull the plug so early with so much up in the air by then..

when they delayed it, they should have delayed it until 2022. It was quite predictable early on that 2021 would be tight for a large global event.

1611329081143.png

Are they really still calling it “2020”? I get that’s how they branded it but it’s like having the Australian Open in Spain and still calling it the Australian Open. Seems silly they won’t change the year but maybe that’s just me.

Are they really still calling it “2020”? I get that’s how they branded it but it’s like having the Australian Open in Spain and still calling it the Australian Open. Seems silly they won’t change the year but maybe that’s just me.

Already made the t-shirts and hats.

I realize it can't be avoided because you need to have different cities host in different areas, but I like it so much better when we can watch events live in prime time.

I realize it can't be avoided because you need to have different cities host in different areas, but I like it so much better when we can watch events live in prime time.

Depends.

Do you like your Olympics "spoiled" or "unspoiled".

This is the second of three Olympics in a row in Asia. I think a lot of cities economically don’t want to deal with the financial burden that comes with it. Beijing was basically handed the 2022 Winter Olympics because no one else wanted it. So getting to your point - we would normally have chances for prime time viewing but the Olympics aren’t viewed the same by cities as they were 20-30 years ago, hence the geographic disparity.

This is the second of three Olympics in a row in Asia. I think a lot of cities economically don’t want to deal with the financial burden that comes with it. Beijing was basically handed the 2022 Winter Olympics because no one else wanted it. So getting to your point - we would normally have chances for prime time viewing but the Olympics aren’t viewed the same by cities as they were 20-30 years ago, hence the geographic disparity.

That's a very good point. Personally I like the idea of rotating it among 3 or 4 cities around the world who already have the facilities and infrastructure and would just need to do some periodic upgrades.

Last edited:
I still don't think its happening this year.

Already made the t-shirts and hats.
Yup, the t-shirt and hat industry basically runs Japan. Once that stuff was made, this was a done deal.

I have watched a ton of gymnastics meets and about 100x more practices. All I can say is, Simone Biles is ridiculous. Best ever. Argument for best athlete ever, in my opinion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom