2020 All-ACC Team | Syracusefan.com

2020 All-ACC Team

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
Nykeim Johnson made 2nd team as a returner.

Taj Harris, Iffy Melifonwu, and Nolan Cooney made 3rd team.

Mikel Jones and Garrett Williams made Honorable Mention

Last edited:
1608647746743.png

1608647797918.png

1608647804410.png

1608647809276.png

Not unexpected
Frankly, not deserved either.

Mikel Jones got a few votes at LB and Garrett Williams was pretty close to making 3rd team at CB.

A little surprised Kingsley and Andre Smzyt didn't get a few votes. Maybe McKinley too.

It was a disaster of a year and this vote validates that. I bet we had fewer people with votes than anyone else in the conference and probably fewer players with votes that anyone in the last 10 years of conference play. Andre Cisco and Trill Williams were our best bets for first team and they barely played. Trill played on one leg in the games he did play.

What a shame.

Not sure who the two freshman were that beat out Williams for freshman of the year. Also I felt our defensive players should have been rated higher considering the amount of time they had to play each game compared to other teams players. Time will tell once some of them get to the nfl who are the better players.

Three thoughts:

1, weird seeing Notre Dame players on there. Also, they sucked up a bunch of spots.

2, we better have dudes all over the freshmen team.

3, Nykeim was 1 vote away from tying for 1st team.

Sean Tucker received 1 vote.

Garrett Williams received 6 votes.

Frankly, not deserved either.

Mikel Jones got a few votes at LB and Garrett Williams was pretty close to making 3rd team at CB.

A little surprised Kingsley and Andre Smzyt didn't get a few votes. Maybe McKinley too.

It was a disaster of a year and this vote validates that. I bet we had fewer people with votes than anyone else in the conference and probably fewer players with votes that anyone in the last 10 years of conference play. Andre Cisco and Trill Williams were our best bets for first team and they barely played. Trill played on one leg in the games he did play.

What a shame.

What kills me about 2020 is that roster-wise this was supposed to be our year.

We need a “Dislike” button. Or maybe a W T F button.

Last edited:
It will be semi-interesting to see how the All-ACC and ACC COY honors are handled in future ND press guides. It will also be amusing to see how quickly the two ACC logos are removed from their field.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom