2020 Breakout Candidates | Syracusefan.com

2020 Breakout Candidates

Trueblue25

Cali Award Magistrate; 2023 Cali Award Rushing Yds
Yes this offseason’s already getting to me.

Pick three for offense, three for defense.

O
1. Jarveon Howard
2. Hackett
3. C. Jackson

Cam Jordan’s interesting. He’s a carbon copy of Custis imo, though a bit shorter I believe. Clearly a big impact on special teams, I think he continues to earn additional PT and impresses. I didn’t list him because I see Taj taking a big step forward, and Courtney taking the slot.

Defense:
1. Melifonwu
2. Linton
3. Juan Wallace

Have heard great things from numerous people about Linton and Tuazama.

Good thread, True.

My thoughts on offense
1. Jawhar Jordan
2. Luke Benson
3. Taj Harris

Defense
1. I completely agree with you about Tuazama. He's my first pick
2. I'll go with Coley to replace Evan Foster
3. Mikel Jones

really would be nice to see a breakout guy on D in the front 7. and the same on the oline. some oline dude that just dominates so we had somewhere to run in 3rd and short.

Jawhar Jordan needs to be force-fed next year.

Really excited about some of the younger DL.

I do think next year's OL will be immensely improved leading to a nice rebound in offensive efficiency.

Another player to watch is Mital. Could be a doozy.

I do think next year's OL will be immensely improved leading to a nice rebound in offensive efficiency.

Have u heard anything on him this yeat

Interesting you mentioned Mital. I thought he was supposed to play this year? Don’t believe he dressed (in pads) more than once. Which would tell me he wasn’t close.

O
1. Tommy (we are doomed if he’s not in the top 2)
2. Dakota Davis (Duke pancakes a sign to come?)
3. Jordan (WR)

D
1. Richards (right???)
2. Iffy (will be best lockdown corner here in well over a decade)
3. Kingsley (love his energy...not sure if he can play 60 snaps a game.)

Offense
Howard: showed strength and speed. Better than year 1. Already workout warrior. If he can secure the rock he should be starting next year.
Bergeron: I said in pre season watch out for this young man. Did not disappoint. He will be a an anchor at tackle the next three years.
T Jackson: Absolutely no one had him having the kind of year he had. Big season. Have to thing a stronger line and a second receiver stepping up not named Harris will give him opportunity for better numbers next year.

Defense:
Jones: Had some growing pains but will be another anchor at lb for next three years. Smooth and goes to the ball.
Mel: covers like a glove. Flashes quick break on the ball. Needs to get stronger but 6’3 and fast and covers. A big glass of yes please.
Elmore: DT snaps. Not going to lie. Love him on the line. Big and fast and agile for his size. Give him offseason to focus there and I think he becomes a tough guy to defend when Williams is eating two blockers.

Abdul Adams will be a stud next year.
Agreed. If we can get him past the LOS before he gets hit or has to make a move, I think he may be the most dynamic guy we've had since Delone Carter.

This year I saw so many RB's for other teams benefit from getting to the second level before having to make someone miss, I felt bad for our guys.

Please get Jordan working in the slot this off season. He needs to be in on 75% of snaps.

Offense:
TD
Jordan
Benson

No clue on defense right now. Would like to think we have more talent in the DB than what our production showed. So I’ll say the defensive backfield as a unit will be much better.

I agree Adams has allot of talent, is better catching the rock and he is that “quick twitch” guy but here is the thing, he has only one nice run I can remember this season. Howard has a number of runs I remember and I am pretty sure he was second behind Moe in longest runs from scrimmage. I don’t think this needs to be an either/or discussion but I can say I see Howard getting plenty of touches next year and I would be fine with that.

I think 2020 breakout starts and ends with Jordan. He's got the gear that we don't regularly see here. I bet Dino's happiest that he could both get the Wake win and preserve that redshirt.

On defense, who knows, I guess I'll go with Coley at SS. But hopefully the younger LBs breakout as well. They're going to have a tall task, with what will probably be an overmatched DL.

O:
Jordan
Jackson
Adams

D:
Wallace
Kpogba
Harper
Nunn
Cole

Certainly agree Jordan has another gear we have not seen in a while here. I think you need a creative OC to find ways to get him the rock because when you look at him, at 5’9” 167 pounds that is not an every down back build. Run him on sweeps, reverses, screens and maybe counters and he can get you some chunk gains and tds.