2020 Depth Chart | Syracusefan.com

2020 Depth Chart

Powellfan

Renowned lacrosse analyst
Game notes for Friday -

Probable depth chart sheds some light on what we will see tomorrow, though still a bit vague. Defense lists four players (Mellen, Kennedy, DiPietro and Murphy). LSM lists Fernandez first and Helmer second. Second midfield includes a five man rotation (Lipka, Buttermore, A. Kim, Quinn and Fiorini). SSDM lists a five man rotation (Dearth, Dami, Avilies, Barlow and Small). No real surprises that I can tell.

Dang. Wonder how Matt Mangan is feeling right about now. Went from being firmly on the second middie line to not making a list of 5 potential guys for it. Could this possibly be a redshirt situation?

One potentially big takeaway from the Game Notes is that Dami is listed as a R-Soph on both the depth chart & roster, though he’s listed as a Jr. on the “By Class” breakdown chart with Dordevic being the only R-Soph. So, 2-1 odds he redshirted last year, I guess.

Dang. Wonder how Matt Mangan is feeling right about now. Went from being firmly on the second middie line to not making a list of 5 potential guys for it. Could this possibly be a redshirt situation?

Agreed, I thought he’d be on the 2nd line or at least part of the rotation little worrisome he’s not.

I would think he’s a prime candidate for a RS.

I believe that because he played in the spring scrimmages a RS is no longer an option. Unfortunately I think its more likely he transfers which is a shame, I was very high on him. Just a total log jam at middie right now. He really should have RS last year if at all possible. I suspect we will see him get on the field tomorrow especially in the second half.

Game notes for Friday -

Probable depth chart sheds some light on what we will see tomorrow, though still a bit vague. Defense lists four players (Mellen, Kennedy, DiPietro and Murphy). LSM lists Fernandez first and Helmer second. Second midfield includes a five man rotation (Lipka, Buttermore, A. Kim, Quinn and Fiorini). SSDM lists a five man rotation (Dearth, Dami, Avilies, Barlow and Small). No real surprises that I can tell.

One interesting note that is both a huge positive for this year and next and a bit scary beyond is that there is only 1 Freshman listed on the entire depth chart and 4 true Sophmores. Everyone else is at least a R-Soph or better. 20 players are Seniors or Juniors

I believe that because he played in the spring scrimmages a RS is no longer an option. Unfortunately I think its more likely he transfers which is a shame, I was very high on him. Just a total log jam at middie right now. He really should have RS last year if at all possible. I suspect we will see him get on the field tomorrow especially in the second half.

I too am surprised Magnan was not listed in the depth chart - but it is still the first game of the year. A lot can change and if he produces in practice or makes a big impression in a blow-out, he could see his stock rise. I wouldn't give up hope. I guess it shows how deep the SU midfield is right now that he isn't listed.

I also wouldn't be too quick to say he'll transfer - Quinn has struggled his first two years but now he seems to have solidified a spot. Magnan is only a sophomore. He still has time.

Correct on non rs. Depth charts are ever changing. Those listed have raised games, rising tide should lift all boats. Magnan's talent is there.

2020LAXDepth.png

I too am surprised Magnan was not listed in the depth chart - but it is still the first game of the year. A lot can change and if he produces in practice or makes a big impression in a blow-out, he could see his stock rise. I wouldn't give up hope. I guess it shows how deep the SU midfield is right now that he isn't listed.

I also wouldn't be too quick to say he'll transfer - Quinn has struggled his first two years but now he seems to have solidified a spot. Magnan is only a sophomore. He still has time.

Yes it definitely is a little surprising, that said there is so much depth there right now its a fight to even get on the second line and forget the 1st you basically need to be an AA to play there right now. I certainly am not giving up on Magnan but in today's day and age with so many transfers its unfortunately something you have to consider. I like Magnan as a player a lot and in retrospect he really should have RS this year or last if both parties are up for it. I hope he stays the course as there is going to be PT available in the coming seasons.

I don't think Magnan can redshirt now unless he gets hurt. Once you play in the spring scrimmages you lose your redshirt.