2020 Football Attendance | Syracusefan.com

2020 Football Attendance

Moontan

2017 ESPN College Bowl Pick’em Winner
I thought it would be interesting to track 2020 football attendance policies around the country as well as see how many actually get to attend.

ACC
- BCU: TBD
- Clemson: TBD
- Duke: TBD
- FSU: 20-25%
- Georgia Tech: 20%, added alcohol sales
- Louisville: TBD
- Miami: TBD
- UNC: TBD
- NC State: TBD
- Pitt: TBD
- Syracuse: TBD
- Virginia: TBD
- VPI: TBD
- Wake Forest: TBD
- Notre Dame: TBD

SEC
Face coverings required when entering, leaving or moving around the stadium
- Alabama: approximately 20%
- Auburn: approximately 20%
- Arkansas: 21-23%
- Florida: TBD
- Georgia: 20-25%
- Kentucky: TBD
- LSU: TBD
- Mississippi: 20-25%
- MSU: TBD
- Missouri: 25%
- South Carolina: 24.6%
- Tennessee: 25%
- Texas A&M: 25%
- Vanderbilt: TBD

BigXII
- Baylor: TBD
- Iowa State: TBD
- Kansas: TBD
- Kansas State: TBD
- Oklahoma: 25%
- Oklahoma State: TBD
- TCU: TBD
- Texas: TBD
- Texas Tech: TBD
- WfVU: TBD

Last edited:
SEC is allowing each school individually to decide their own attendance policies

Temperature check upon entering, seat distancing except for fans that are in the same family/group. This should at least let schools break even...

FC Dallas in mls and several in USL soccer have allowed limited capacity. Of course we’re talking about much smaller venues then SEC stadiums. Will see if it actually happens.

Georgia Tech will do 20% and will add alcohol sales throughout the stadium for the first time.

There's probably a way you could (somewhat) safely do it at 10-20% capacity.

- Eliminate concession stands and only have walk-around vendors in the stadium
- Stagger entrance and departure times
- Assign entrance and departure gates
- Restrict movement throughout the stadium (except in cases of emergency)
- Enforce mask usage in halls and bathrooms
- Only sell tickets in groups of 4 to 8 to allow for maximum distance between fans

Granted, it'd take some stones for schools to enforce their biggest donors to wear masks and sit in the cheap seats (and they seem to suck at preparing for this pandemic) but it's feasible. I just don't trust them to put it in operation.

Talked about in another thread but a move to app-based ticketing and doing all in stadium purchases cashless through an app seems appropriate given the conditions and a much smaller audience to test it out.

Talked about in another thread but a move to app-based ticketing and doing all in stadium purchases cashless through an app seems appropriate given the conditions and a much smaller audience to test it out.
It seems with the rapid test technology they could do a lot of things that would make fan attendance much safer. They are just scratching the surface.

It seems with the rapid test technology they could do a lot of things that would make fan attendance much safer. They are just scratching the surface.

Invest in rapid result spit tests for sure.

The one thing I don't like about the Dome in comparison to everyone else is the narrowness of the corridors. But immediate test results would be great.

I've updated the original post with the latest info that I could find. I'll attempt to keep it updated as we move forward.

FC Dallas in mls and several in USL soccer have allowed limited capacity. Of course we’re talking about much smaller venues then SEC stadiums. Will see if it actually happens.

I think they had about 3K for Dallas. Max they’d allow is a little over 5K (25%).

The USL was just insane though. People were closely seated with no masks months ago. I’m certain those games facilitated transmission.

I thought it would be interesting to track 2020 football attendance policies around the country as well as see how many actually get to attend.

ACC
- BCU: TBD
- Clemson: TBD
- Duke: TBD
- FSU: 20-25%
- Georgia Tech: 20%, added alcohol sales
- Louisville: TBD
- Miami: TBD
- UNC: TBD
- NC State: TBD
- Pitt: TBD
- Syracuse: TBD
- Virginia: TBD
- VPI: TBD
- Wake Forest: TBD
- Notre Dame: TBD

SEC
Face coverings required when entering, leaving or moving around the stadium
- Alabama: approximately 20%
- Auburn: approximately 20%
- Arkansas: 21-23%
- Florida: TBD
- Georgia: 20-25%
- Kentucky: TBD
- LSU: TBD
- Mississippi: 20-25%
- MSU: TBD
- Missouri: 25%
- South Carolina: 24.6%
- Tennessee: 25%
- Texas A&M: 25%
- Vanderbilt: TBD

BigXII
- Baylor: TBD
- Iowa State: TBD
- Kansas: TBD
- Kansas State: TBD
- Oklahoma: 25%
- Oklahoma State: TBD
- TCU: TBD
- Texas: TBD
- Texas Tech: TBD
- WfVU: TBD
Who is WfVU?
The “U” letter is throwing me.

(I hate that I have to steal my own thunder more than I already have with the 2nd paragraph, but before anyone gives a serious answer, I’m taking a shot a Wild and Wonderful “academics.” At a minimum, the “U” should be in quotation marks.)

Why can’t people tailgate
They could if they stayed in a small group with masks. It’s justno5 going to happen in that environment. Almost all schools have banned tailgating if they have any fans.

This is the definition of laughable except its not funny
I think it’s doable. They are going to have 75% less tailgaters, which means, what 4x, more space?

For example, I went to a beach this summer (coincidentally in Florida) did a good job at social distancing, we we kept to our own party and/or chatted with another party from afar

granted, some people will ignore the rules, but it is what it is.

I think it’s doable. They are going to have 75% less tailgaters, which means, what 4x, more space?

For example, I went to a beach this summer (coincidentally in Florida) did a good job at social distancing, we we kept to our own party and/or chatted with another party from afar

Sounds like every suburban backyard.

Does it say there will be 75% less tailgaters?

I wouldn’t put it past them to invite non-ticket holders to tailgate and watch the games in the parking lot

Does it say there will be 75% less tailgaters?

I wouldn’t put it past them to invite non-ticket holders to tailgate and watch the games in the parking lot
No, but at the same, does it say there won’t be? If schools are limiting attendance to 25%, wouldnt they not limit tailgating and/or enforce social distancing (as shown post they were trying to do it). Also, to your point, their might be an increase in the ratio of non-ticketed to ticketed tailgaters, but i would imagine schools step in to to make sure it doesn’t get out of control.

A few sec schools have come out and said no tailgating. The ones who haven’t are saying if we can develop a plan to make it work, we will

also, I believe at least for UGA the donor levels who just made the cut list and thus can go to one game, that ticket effectively costs them $1k. Most likely not the “average fan” going to these games this year

edit: I went ahead and skimmed thru the FSU tailgate release and its seems like they will be hard to come by if you aren’t going to the game

Seminole Booster members who qualify for parking will receive their print-at-home passes via email the week of the season-opener against Georgia Tech. General admission (scramble) parking will be issued to all donors who qualify ($330 and above) to only the games for which they select tickets.

Parking (reserved and general admission) for Golden, Platinum and Legacy Chiefs will be issued for all home games."

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom