2020 Football Ticket Update | Syracusefan.com

2020 Football Ticket Update

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
In recent days, college football, and more specifically the outlook for the 2020 season, has been discussed at great length in the media. As a result, many of you have reached out to inquire about the status of your season tickets.

First of all, let me thank you for your continued support through your purchase of season tickets.

Due to the many unknowns and uncertainties created by the COVID-19 pandemic, all season tickets will be lifted from accounts effective immediately. All 2019 season ticket locations on accounts as of August 20th will be made available to fans to renew for the 2021 fall season at a later date.

If you have already paid for your 2020 season tickets – partially or in full – you will receive an e-mail this Friday, August 21st. That email will give you the opportunity to select one of the following options:

• Reinvest all or a portion of the paid funds for a 2020 season ticket purchase as a donation in the Together ‘Cuse campaign, which supports the commitment to fulfill the athletics department mission to provide vital services that our student-athletes need now more than ever, including academic services, student-athlete development, health & welfare programs, nutrition, strength & conditioning, sports medicine and diversity and inclusion initiatives.
  • Rollover your funds to the 2021 fall season, which will lock in the same price and seat location for next season.
  • Request a refund.

Learn more about these options by visiting our FAQ page.

Please know that we’d like nothing more than to welcome you – our loyal fans – to our campus this fall for football. Syracuse Athletics remains committed to doing everything we can to support and protect the health, safety and well-being of our student-athletes, our staff and the campus and Syracuse communities. Our decisions will continue to be science-based and informed by public health guidance provided by county, state and public health officials. If fans are permitted to attend games – in some capacity – Syracuse Athletics will make individual game tickets available via an online presale two weeks before each game. Details regarding the sale of individual game tickets will be announced soon.

If you have any additional questions, please call 1-888-DOME-TIX or contact your Account Representative

Thank you again for your continued commitment to our program. We wish you and all of Orange Nation good health.

Sincerely,

John Wildhack
Director of Athletics

Will there be fans in the Dome this year?
We’d like nothing more than to welcome you – our loyal fans – to our campus this fall for football. Syracuse Athletics remains committed to doing everything we can to support and protect the health, safety and well-being of our student-athletes, our staff and the campus and Syracuse communities. Our decisions will continue to be science-based and informed by public health guidance provided by county, state and public health officials. If fans are permitted to attend games – in some capacity – Syracuse Athletics will make individual game tickets available via an online presale two weeks before each game.

Are my 2020 Football season tickets still valid?
Due to the many unknowns and uncertainties created by the COVID-19 pandemic, all season tickets will be lifted from accounts effective immediately and reassigned to 2021 fall season. All season ticket locations on accounts as of August 20th, will be made available to fans to renew for the 2021 fall season at a later date. If fans are permitted to attend games – in some capacity – Syracuse Athletics will make individual game tickets available. Priority will be given to fans as outlined below under “How can I purchase individual game tickets if they become available?”

If I have already paid, what are my options?
You will receive an e-mail survey this Friday, August 21st that allows you to select one of the following options for any paid funds associated to the 2020 football season:
  • Reinvest some or all of your paid funds for your 2020 season tickets to a donation to the Together ‘Cuse campaign, which supports the commitment to fulfill the athletics department mission to provide vital services that our student-athletes need now more than ever, including academic services, student-athlete development, health & welfare programs, nutrition, strength & conditioning, sports medicine and diversity and inclusion initiatives.
  • Rollover your paid funds to the 2021 fall season to be applied to the same seat location.
  • A full refund of your paid funds to the original method of payment.
You will need to make your selection prior to September 4th, 2020.

What happens if I take no action?
If you take no action, any funds you have already paid toward the 2020 football season will automatically be rolled over to the 2021 football season.

What is the benefit of donating?
Your donation will benefit the Together ‘Cuse campaign, which supports the commitment to fulfill the athletics department mission to provide vital services that our student-athletes need now more than ever, including academic services, student-athlete development, health & welfare programs, nutrition, strength & conditioning, sports medicine and diversity and inclusion initiatives.

Your donation made prior to September 4th, 2020 will raise your Annual Giving Level and priority points for the 2020 season for selection of individual game tickets (see “How can I purchase individual game tickets?” below). In addition, any donation you make will also apply as a bonus to your 2021 Annual Giving Level for our donor rank processes. * Please consult your tax advisor regarding the potential deductibility of any donations.

What if I did not renew my season tickets?
If you did not renew your season tickets, Syracuse Athletics will rollover your exact seat location as of August 20th and offer it to you once again for the 2021 fall season.

How can I purchase individual game tickets if they become available?
All individual game ticket sales will be held in an online presale format with priority given to fans as follows:
Priority 1: Season ticket holders who renewed their 2020 season tickets prior to August 20th.
  • Season ticket holders who have already renewed their 2020 season tickets will be given first priority. Within this priority, the order of sales will be based on 2020 Annual Giving Level.
  • Every individual will retain their current Annual Giving Level regardless of the refund option they choose.
  • Individuals have the option to increase their Annual Giving Level and priority points by electing for the donation option prior to September 4th, 2020
Priority 2: 2019 football season ticket holders who did not renew, and 2020 Orange Club members
  • 2019 football season ticket holders who did not renew and 2020 Orange Club members will receive second priority. Within this priority the order of sales will be based on 2020 Annual Giving Level.
  • Individuals have the option to increase their Annual Giving Level and priority points by electing to make a donation prior to September 4th, 2020.
Priority 3: General public

Learn more about your Annual Giving Level here or reach out to a representative at (888) DOME-TIX.

How do I elect which option I would like?
You will receive an e-mail survey on Friday, August 21st to select which refund option is best for you. You can also reach out to your account representative or (888) DOME-TIX to make your selection.

Do I have to donate in order to get access to individual game tickets?
If they become available, no donation is required in order to purchase individual game tickets. However, tickets will likely be at a reduced capacity and may sell out to the priority groups. By making a donation you increase your chances of having individual game tickets to choose from.

When will individual game tickets go on sale?
If available, individual game presales will take place two weeks prior to kickoff.

How many tickets will be available?
The capacity of the Dome will be based on health and safety guidelines from state and county officials.

Will there be a limit to how many tickets I can purchase per game?
Each individual will be limited to eight (8) tickets per game.

Will I be able to purchase parking?
Parking will be available for purchase, if applicable, at the same time as individual game tickets as an add-on. Parking locations will vary based on capacity.

How much will tickets cost?
Ticket pricing is to be determined. Priority levels 1 and 2 will be locked in at a special presale price, while general public pricing will be dynamic and subject to change.

Will tickets be socially distanced?
Any individual game tickets can be purchased in a “pod” format of up to eight (8) contiguous seats which will be distanced from other “pods” in the Dome according to health and safety guidelines from state and county officials. Friends and family who purchase together can be seated in the same “pod”.

How will I receive my tickets?
All tickets will be accessible via the MyCuse Account as mobile ticketing only once a purchase is completed. Learn more about mobile ticketing.

Will fans have to wear face coverings in the Dome?
Syracuse Athletics will require all necessary medical protection and distancing as determined by our state and county authorities. This will be communicated in advance of the game.

Will fans be allowed to tailgate for the 2020 season?
Due to health and safety concerns, fans will be prohibited from tailgating in the 2020 season.

Will students get tickets this year?
Students will receive a separate communication outlining guidelines on seating this year.

Where will the tickets be located?
Individual game tickets will be located in “pods” throughout all levels of the Dome while supplies last.

Will the Orange Club Hospitality area be available?
Due to health and safety concerns, the Orange Club Hospitality area, Club 44 and ‘Cuse on the Quad will be discontinued for the 2020 season.

Will Club 44 passes be available?
Due to health and safety concerns, the Orange Club Hospitality area, Club 44 and ‘Cuse on the Quad will be discontinued for the 2020 season.

Will ‘Cuse on the Quad be open?

Will I have access to other Orange Club benefits?
Orange Club benefits will be adjusted with most benefits being administered in the spring of 2021.

How will this affect the men’s and women’s basketball seasons?
At this time no decision has been made on ticketing regarding the men’s or women’s basketball season. Electing to renew your season tickets for men’s and women’s basketball will increase your Annual Giving Level. Doing so prior to September 4th will improve your priority ranking for individual game tickets.

Will concessions be available?
Concessions will be open and available with extra safety standards in place.

They already cancelled everything including birthdays, now this, next they are going to cancel Christmas. Not that I didn't see it coming, but it still hurts.

Will there be fans in the Dome this year?
We’d like nothing more than to welcome you – our loyal fans – to our campus this fall for football. Syracuse Athletics remains committed to doing everything we can to support and protect the health, safety and well-being of our student-athletes, our staff and the campus and Syracuse communities. Our decisions will continue to be science-based and informed by public health guidance provided by county, state and public health officials. If fans are permitted to attend games – in some capacity – Syracuse Athletics will make individual game tickets available via an online presale two weeks before each game.

Are my 2020 Football season tickets still valid?
Due to the many unknowns and uncertainties created by the COVID-19 pandemic, all season tickets will be lifted from accounts effective immediately and reassigned to 2021 fall season. All season ticket locations on accounts as of August 20th, will be made available to fans to renew for the 2021 fall season at a later date. If fans are permitted to attend games – in some capacity – Syracuse Athletics will make individual game tickets available. Priority will be given to fans as outlined below under “How can I purchase individual game tickets if they become available?”

If I have already paid, what are my options?
You will receive an e-mail survey this Friday, August 21st that allows you to select one of the following options for any paid funds associated to the 2020 football season:
  • Reinvest some or all of your paid funds for your 2020 season tickets to a donation to the Together ‘Cuse campaign, which supports the commitment to fulfill the athletics department mission to provide vital services that our student-athletes need now more than ever, including academic services, student-athlete development, health & welfare programs, nutrition, strength & conditioning, sports medicine and diversity and inclusion initiatives.
  • Rollover your paid funds to the 2021 fall season to be applied to the same seat location.
  • A full refund of your paid funds to the original method of payment.
You will need to make your selection prior to September 4th, 2020.

What happens if I take no action?
If you take no action, any funds you have already paid toward the 2020 football season will automatically be rolled over to the 2021 football season.

What is the benefit of donating?
Your donation will benefit the Together ‘Cuse campaign, which supports the commitment to fulfill the athletics department mission to provide vital services that our student-athletes need now more than ever, including academic services, student-athlete development, health & welfare programs, nutrition, strength & conditioning, sports medicine and diversity and inclusion initiatives.

Your donation made prior to September 4th, 2020 will raise your Annual Giving Level and priority points for the 2020 season for selection of individual game tickets (see “How can I purchase individual game tickets?” below). In addition, any donation you make will also apply as a bonus to your 2021 Annual Giving Level for our donor rank processes. * Please consult your tax advisor regarding the potential deductibility of any donations.

What if I did not renew my season tickets?
If you did not renew your season tickets, Syracuse Athletics will rollover your exact seat location as of August 20th and offer it to you once again for the 2021 fall season.

How can I purchase individual game tickets if they become available?
All individual game ticket sales will be held in an online presale format with priority given to fans as follows:
Priority 1: Season ticket holders who renewed their 2020 season tickets prior to August 20th.
  • Season ticket holders who have already renewed their 2020 season tickets will be given first priority. Within this priority, the order of sales will be based on 2020 Annual Giving Level.
  • Every individual will retain their current Annual Giving Level regardless of the refund option they choose.
  • Individuals have the option to increase their Annual Giving Level and priority points by electing for the donation option prior to September 4th, 2020
Priority 2: 2019 football season ticket holders who did not renew, and 2020 Orange Club members
  • 2019 football season ticket holders who did not renew and 2020 Orange Club members will receive second priority. Within this priority the order of sales will be based on 2020 Annual Giving Level.
  • Individuals have the option to increase their Annual Giving Level and priority points by electing to make a donation prior to September 4th, 2020.
Priority 3: General public

Learn more about your Annual Giving Level here or reach out to a representative at (888) DOME-TIX.

How do I elect which option I would like?
You will receive an e-mail survey on Friday, August 21st to select which refund option is best for you. You can also reach out to your account representative or (888) DOME-TIX to make your selection.

Do I have to donate in order to get access to individual game tickets?
If they become available, no donation is required in order to purchase individual game tickets. However, tickets will likely be at a reduced capacity and may sell out to the priority groups. By making a donation you increase your chances of having individual game tickets to choose from.

When will individual game tickets go on sale?
If available, individual game presales will take place two weeks prior to kickoff.

How many tickets will be available?
The capacity of the Dome will be based on health and safety guidelines from state and county officials.

Will there be a limit to how many tickets I can purchase per game?
Each individual will be limited to eight (8) tickets per game.

Will I be able to purchase parking?
Parking will be available for purchase, if applicable, at the same time as individual game tickets as an add-on. Parking locations will vary based on capacity.

How much will tickets cost?
Ticket pricing is to be determined. Priority levels 1 and 2 will be locked in at a special presale price, while general public pricing will be dynamic and subject to change.

Will tickets be socially distanced?
Any individual game tickets can be purchased in a “pod” format of up to eight (8) contiguous seats which will be distanced from other “pods” in the Dome according to health and safety guidelines from state and county officials. Friends and family who purchase together can be seated in the same “pod”.

How will I receive my tickets?
All tickets will be accessible via the MyCuse Account as mobile ticketing only once a purchase is completed. Learn more about mobile ticketing.

Will fans have to wear face coverings in the Dome?
Syracuse Athletics will require all necessary medical protection and distancing as determined by our state and county authorities. This will be communicated in advance of the game.

Will fans be allowed to tailgate for the 2020 season?
Due to health and safety concerns, fans will be prohibited from tailgating in the 2020 season.

Will students get tickets this year?
Students will receive a separate communication outlining guidelines on seating this year.

Where will the tickets be located?
Individual game tickets will be located in “pods” throughout all levels of the Dome while supplies last.

Will the Orange Club Hospitality area be available?

Will Club 44 passes be available?

Will ‘Cuse on the Quad be open?

Will I have access to other Orange Club benefits?
Orange Club benefits will be adjusted with most benefits being administered in the spring of 2021.

How will this affect the men’s and women’s basketball seasons?
At this time no decision has been made on ticketing regarding the men’s or women’s basketball season. Electing to renew your season tickets for men’s and women’s basketball will increase your Annual Giving Level. Doing so prior to September 4th will improve your priority ranking for individual game tickets.

Will concessions be available?
Concessions will be open and available with extra safety standards in place.
This is the right response to a pandemic. Good job SUAD offices.

Saw that email in my inbox this morning. Glad to see that communication come out. Seems to me they offered the right options to keep their fanbase happy. Nice FAQs.
I didnt receive an email though I have expected the result.wonder how refunds will work especially if you do partial towards donation and want the rest returned to you

Last edited:
Here's the point I need an answer to: If I opt for the refund, do I keep my place in line (seats, points, etc.) when I re-up for 2021? As a point of reference, I also have Bills' season tickets. They gave out refunds and made it clear that you still would have the same seats and same standing for 2021. It seems the only fair thing to do.

Here's the point I need an answer to: If I opt for the refund, do I keep my place in line (seats, points, etc.) when I re-up for 2021? As a point of reference, I also have Bills' season tickets. They gave out refunds and made it clear that you still would have the same seats and same standing for 2021. It seems the only fair thing to do.

i believe you keep everything.

Wow, I thought I was the only nut with SU and Bills season tickets.

i believe you keep everything.

Yes and no.

You keep your same seats.

However, if you choose the refund or rollover options, and other people choose the donate option, it sounds like they might move up a few spots in Donor Rank (or you would move back a few spots).

You wouldn't lose your actual donor level.

Yes and no.

You keep your same seats.

However, if you choose the refund or rollover options, and other people choose the donate option, it sounds like they might move up a few spots in Donor Rank (or you would move back a few spots).

that can happen every year since they only go by what have you done for me lately.

You absolutely keep the rights to your season seat loactions in 2021. Portion of the priority points formula that is driven by current year giving may be in quesion, so it might cost you great seats at the Orange Bowl.

Trying to submit the survey that was sent to my email about which option I would like to go forward with and it keeps saying the email I entered doesn’t match with the account but it 100% is.

Anyone else having this issue?

With the fact that SU is not having season ticket holders for the 2020 football season it would have been the perfect opportunity to install individual seats while the roof was being replaced.

In my opinion they missed a golden opportunity since the benches were already removed.

Trying to submit the survey that was sent to my email about which option I would like to go forward with and it keeps saying the email I entered doesn’t match with the account but it 100% is.

It happened to me but when I used all small caps it worked fine.

Apparently they’re having this issue with random accounts so if you’re having this problem just call your rep and they’ll take care of it.

Had the same issue.

Try entering your email in ALL CAPS.

Look at the email SU sent you to see how they have you listed.

Had the same issue.

Try entering your email in ALL CAPS.

Look at the email SU sent you to see how they have you listed.
As far as I know, I didn’t receive the email. Would it be from cuse.com? I searched but only have something from January.

As far as I know, I didn’t receive the email. Would it be from cuse.com? I searched but only have something from January.

It would come from "suathleticsATsyr.edu"

Survey to Allocate Funds Associated with Your 2020 Football Season Tickets

I'd call your ticket rep if you haven't received it yet.

If you didn't receive the email, check your spam folder. Your computer may have dumped it there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom